GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights?

Go down 
+7
Street
beetle
not-fishing
MalG
Omnis
Conor W
Bill Hagan
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights?   Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:26 pm

Medusa had something to do with Wisdom, too didn't she? I'll have to chase that up again.
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights?   Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:51 pm

Dusting off the driving light thread again...

With the days getting shorter I will be riding home in the dark more often. I have some decent 15w LED sport driving lights but can't decide where to mount them. I'm leaning towards putting them on the fender as Bill has done but wonder how long they'll last with the wheel bouncing and vibration.

Can anyone comment on how well these things hold up? I would rather avoid the fork tubes because I don't like the way they look sitting right under the turn signals.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights?   Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:31 pm

Mine still work great. Am very pleased.

So far as I know, no issues. I checked for mounting integrity, etc., and all seems well.

Suppose if routine riding involved very rough roads, potholes, and worse, something might give, but knock on plastic, mine are fine thus far.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights?   Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:03 pm

I purchased one of these [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but am having difficulty mounting it too. Thought I could make up some fork clamps, made a trial out of 12mm ply and found out a good bump on th efront end will send the guard crunching into said light.

Looking at mounting it on top of the fairing on the Sport, it will probably cause havoc with aerodynamics, but worth a look.

I'm with Mal in that while I don't often travel at night, when I do, I like to see what critters may be lurking. Hit a roo in May doing about 120 or so - that hurt, and if I saw him earlier, I might have avoided him altogether (who says he is a him anyway? I just assume he is a prick, and therefore a male... twisted logic, but those that know me would probably agree).

Back to the thought fart...
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights?   Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:14 pm

I had purchased some nice aluminum fork clamp mounts but they're thick enough they'll get hit by the fender on full compression.

I'm going to use the forward front fender bolts instead. They only need to hold my smallish 15w spot driving lights. Plan to use long enough bolts w/ spacers so that the lights don't foul anything and trigger a relay off the high-beam circuit.
Back to top Go down
Shopteacher
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Shopteacher

PostSubject: Re: Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights?   Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:34 pm

Well, I am reviving this thread because I want to add lights to my GRiSO. Is there a maximum draw we have to watch out for, as in do I have to worry about the charging capacity of the alternator?
If anyone has any suggestions (Bill) let me know. I was wondering if there was a safe place to tap into/use a relay so the driving lights come on with the key. If adding a triangle of lights fools some numpty into thinking I'm a car, I'm in.
I am going to search and see what the word is on replacing the h4 bulb with either a Nano LED bulb or getting one of those LED replacement headlamps. I don't plan on doing a lot of night riding, but if I am out at night I want to resemble one of those old Baja 500 race bikes.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights?   Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:36 pm

It’s got a 600W alternator. You don’t need to worry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights?   Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Fork Clamps for Add-On Lights?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2