GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Dash, Lights out.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

GRiSO Dash, Lights out.  Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO Dash, Lights out.    GRiSO Dash, Lights out.  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:23 am

Been putting the bike together, and once fired up, my mind was drawn to the last ride I took, where the dash had done some weird stuff.
But completely forgot about it until I got to today.

SO the dash will light up/maybe not.  When the lights go out, the its all the back light and LED's, and tacho stops working. Voltage has read 0.2V.
Indicators and headlight still work, As does the engine. Connected the Guzzi Diag, the Voltage is reading 13+V at the same time the dash is reading lower.

I've pulled the dash out, disconnected, sprayed the plugs with electrical silicone, also the ECU, all looked visually good.

Possibly could be something within the dash unit itself, possibly the board?
Any thoughts/ideas?
Cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Motoguzzimackers
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Motoguzzimackers

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Dash, Lights out.    GRiSO Dash, Lights out.  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:09 pm

Does the GRiSO have 30 amp fuses like my Breva? I would try one more simple thing. Remove and clean, or better still, replace the 30amp fuses.
Back to top Go down
http://motoguzzimackers.com/
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Dash, Lights out.    GRiSO Dash, Lights out.  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:14 pm

Checked and changed those fuses, and earth connections, plugs and visually over the loom as what can see. Tank off, check connections to alternator.
The problem comes and goes, tapping dash, pulling and pushing wires to see if they trigger, and nothing.

Mmmm this could be a gremlin to test me.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Dash, Lights out.    GRiSO Dash, Lights out.  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:39 pm

Looking at the pic where the lights are working it still only showing 11.6v. That would indicate it's not charging to me. Low battery voltage can trigger all sorts of weird shit.
Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Dash, Lights out.    GRiSO Dash, Lights out.  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:50 pm

Its a fully charged Battery, though yes possible it could be failing.
Weird though when connected to guzzi diag, the voltage reads 13v+ when the dash is reading as above.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Dash, Lights out.    GRiSO Dash, Lights out.  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:52 pm

Pointing to a dash issue isn't it?

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Dash, Lights out.    GRiSO Dash, Lights out.  Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:14 am

A ride away for the weekend.
The dash issue remains.
Everything works as normal, except the intermitant failing of tacho, dash lights, back light, and volt register. When not working, reading. 2v when working 11.9ish.
There is no consistant point of failure.
My thought wonders if 16 years of periodical fogging of the dash has lead to damage to the board.
I'll make some enquiry with a local company that does work on vehicle dashs, and see if they might be able to take a look.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Dash, Lights out.    GRiSO Dash, Lights out.  Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:22 am

Sounds like a plan.
Back to top Go down
rodski
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
rodski

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Dash, Lights out.    GRiSO Dash, Lights out.  Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:32 pm

Hi GhostBullet!
I had a similary problem that was OXIDATION on battery terminals and contacts.
See my posts on
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mar 30 and apr 06.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Dash, Lights out.    GRiSO Dash, Lights out.  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Dash, Lights out.
Page 1 of 1