12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Air Filter installation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
petarzil
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Air Filter installation   Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:04 pm

I've read about the performance of OEM and Aftermarket air filters, but you won't believe it that supplying with OEM UFI filter is harder than buying BMC or K&N.

Therefore, i bought k&n al-4506, as explained by TLM.NL thats its reccomended for GRiSO.

After i removed the oem filter, i find it hard to install the k&n. Somehow it feels a bit wider, the plastic cover makes can't be used, it just doesn't makes any sense..

Has anyone install it? Can you provide me some tips, or even pictures?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter installation   Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:48 pm

It will wear your motor quicker, bugger the fueling and it doesn't fit! Send it back and just order the equivalent price in UFI filters that will fit, won't bugger the fueling and protect your engine! You'll get three or four for the price of the rock strainer, enough for 100,000 km probably!

I found one of those horrible things lurking in the Stelvio! It got kicked to the curb the moment I found it!

Pete
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter installation   Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:15 pm

Peter, before you send it back, hold it up to the light and you can see straight through it. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
2highlander
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter installation   Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:01 pm

My old LeMans has 150000 km on the clock and there is no filter at all. It sucks all from flies to little children and still runs like hell. There may be some more wearing but this seems to be hypothetical.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter installation   Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:38 pm

Australia is the hottest driest continent on the planet, as a result we have the finest airborne dust particles as a standard part of our environment.

When the ISDT came to town some years ago, the European teams 4 strokes were having all sorts of Ti valve problems. Aussie bikes were all running dual air filters and stainless valves, no problems.

I was told that unfiltered Le Mans over here need rebuilding every 80,000k.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
2highlander
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter installation   Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:09 am

Ok, totally different conditions I should have been thinking of. Good to know! And my old LeMans will never see australian deserts Shocked
Back to top Go down
petarzil
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter installation   Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:01 pm

Well, i am unable to return the filter, its opened and try to install it. But, i will cut the rubber at the sides to make it fit. I'll use it some time, until the local shop receives BMC or UFI filters..
Back to top Go down
GNORTS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter installation   Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:08 pm

petarzil wrote:
Well, i am unable to return the filter, its opened and try to install it. But, i will cut the rubber at the sides to make it fit. I'll use it some time, until the local shop receives BMC or UFI filters..
Well, that's just booshit, if it doesn't fit, how are you supposed to know that without trying to install it? The vendor doesn't deserve any more of your business, but does deserve a roasting on whatever website will reach his customers. What a prick. If you bought it with a credit card, maybe you can file a complaint with the card issuer and they can just debit the bastard's account and refund your money.
Back to top Go down
petarzil
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter installation   Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:05 pm

GNORTS wrote:
petarzil wrote:
Well, that's just booshit, if it doesn't fit, how are you supposed to know that without trying to install it?  The vendor doesn't deserve any more of your business, but does deserve a roasting on whatever website will reach his customers.  What a prick.  If you bought it with a credit card, maybe you can file a complaint with the card issuer and they can just debit the bastard's account and refund your money.

In this side of the world, we don't have such a good customer care. They clearly say, if its opened, we don't return or refund. also, it was one in stock for more than a year and noone asked for it, so he gave me 50% off to take it.

Another thing is, i asked for that nodel specificaly, since everywhere is listed as air filter for GRiSO. I have checked tlm.nl , af1, guzzitech and much more...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter installation   Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:17 pm

There are probably alternative paper element air filters available but I've never bothered finding out as the original UFI units are so cheap. Unless I'm mistaken the BMC units are another crappy labyrinth filter so I wouldn't bother with them either.

Pete
Back to top Go down

Air Filter installation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: