GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Carbon fiber front mudguard

Go down 
+10
Evans
sidrat
Grisonut
Diablo Loco
keenerkeen07
H-E-ROSS
Pisano
Steak
Pete Roper
Goonersteve
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Goonersteve
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Goonersteve

Carbon fiber front mudguard Empty
PostSubject: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:40 am

Anybody know a supplier of carbon fibre front mudguards ?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:55 am

Anything that uses Showa forks pretty much will have the same mudguard mounting points so don't limit yourself to something Guzzi specific. Anything with the same size rims and tyre will probably do so almost any modern Japanese or Italian sportsbike.

Puting CF on a GRiSO is a real 'Lipstick on a pig' jobbie innit? Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Like a string bikini on a chubby girl...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Goonersteve
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Goonersteve

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:47 am

I don't know what's wrong with you people, I would not call a GRiSO a pig or a fat lass!

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:14 am

I got plenty CF on Bella, she be a sweet skinny arsed lass.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:30 am

Goonersteve wrote:
I don't know what's wrong with you people, I would not call a GRiSO a pig or a fat lass!

Mate, compared to a lot of 'Top End' bikes of the sporting persuasion the GRiSO is a huge bloated pig!

Does this mean it isn't a great bike? No, far from it. As a 'Road' bike it's superb because a lot of people mistake 'Road' and 'Racetrack' as being the same thing.

The fact though is if you want to carve a corner on two wheels in a truly insane manner? Buy a Tuono, (Which I still horribly covet!) or an R6 but it's obvious from global sales patterns that these bikes are loosing popularity.

All of the new middleweight bikes from Japan show this, what's selling? *Naked* twins that weigh nothing and go like the powers of piss! And 'Adventure' bikes, many stupidly over-powered but with a sensible riding position and for old farts, (Over 50')

The Guzzi is a weird sort of compromise. It handles far better than the earlier Guzzis of my youth and produces twice the HP and a LOT more torque. It's forgiving, (If set up right.) but doesn't mean that you have to pretend you're Rossi every minute you are riding it.

My old POS will pull from 2,200 but in the midrange it's just so much fun! Twist the handle and the horizon comes towards me in a perfectly satisfactory! No, it'll never win a race, but who gives a fuck? If I was still racing? (God forbid!) I'd be on Mid sized bike like an R6. Tons or PtW ratio and you have to put a brick on the seat to stop it blowing away in a high breeze.

For the road? I ride my perfect road bikes! GRiSO#1, and a tie between Mana and Turdio for second place.

Just my 5c

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Goonersteve
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Goonersteve

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:37 am

wow that's me told, still think the GRiSO is beautiful and would wear CF well!

knumbnutz and BobW981 like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:04 am

Sorry, not trying to *Tell* you anything, just stating a few home truths. Look, if you like the look then go fer yer life, it's just that the real reason for using CF is weight shedding and quite simply there are a hundred and one other places to shed weight and the bike will still be a lardbucket compared to a proper sportsbike.

There is that CF look film you can get I think? That might be a solution if you are after the appearance but cosmetics are not one of my areas of expertise.....

Pete
Back to top Go down
Goonersteve
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Goonersteve

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:23 am

Thank you for your suggestions, I am aware CF's primary functions are strength and weight saving neither of which I am trying to achieve, i just like it's aesthetic. I am told an Aprilla mille mud guard will be a straight fit.
Thanks again
steve
Back to top Go down
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:24 am

I like the look of CF but keep in mind it might not hold up well to small debris impacting it as compared to the stock material.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:51 pm

I don't know if they are still attainable, but Luigi Stucchi was making rear hugger mud guards in carbon fiber for a while. MG Cycle used to have some in stock, but seems depleted now.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:30 pm

Carbon Fiber is almost passé as a style point. Though my GRiSO rocks a CF Stucchi Hugger!

Last edited by H-E-ROSS on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:00 pm

CF is i think ok on any bike, its light super strong and can be painted if so desired, certainly a great replacement for plastic ..looks great on a exhaust can and it stays only warm to the touch..
its good stuff ...
The GRiSO is no sport bike, but its got style and plenty of it , a little carbon fiber here and there wouldn't hurt .

knumbnutz likes this post

Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:04 pm

ghezzi wrote:
I got plenty CF on Bella, she be a sweet skinny arsed lass.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:25 am

Goonersteve wrote:
Thank you for your suggestions, I am aware CF's primary functions are strength and weight saving neither of which I am trying to achieve, i just like it's aesthetic. I am told an Aprilla mille mud guard will be a straight fit.
Thanks again
steve

You might be on the right track. Mine looks more like the Tuono/ RSV4 one. It might be worthwhile measuring the mount points on one of those bikes or maybe contact AF1.

I got one in 2010 from Thunderbikes, our local MG service shop as a discontinued part. Price from Mario was about the same as the factory plastic I one smashed during a slide down the road. It is a matte finish.

Stucchi and agostini did sell some years ago but not now.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2017 2:35 pm

Guys... all of these are Carbon Fiber look, yes and ONLY look.
A real piece will cost the price of the bike anyway.
You're getting fiberglass basically so as far as saving weight, you're saving fuckle!
Back to top Go down
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 1:25 am

Yeah nah...  Mine's not a laminate, is very light and does not have that resin gloss look.

Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 6:59 am

All this talking of Tuono's is making me look at the far side!!!!

Out at the weekend with a group of friends who have all updated their bikes this year, Monster 1200s, 1299 panagale (i can't believe i know two people with one) and an 1100 Tuono. Fuck they are fast and go around corners. I do like that Tuono!!!!!

Guzzi is getting out of its depth in faster corners, i thought i had to invest in a longer new fancy shock, but it seems some carbon fibre will do it instead Razz

Oh and to be 30 years younger, like Pete, if only i was still racing god forbid!!!!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 3:00 pm

Diablo Loco wrote:
Yeah nah...  Mine's not a laminate, is very light and does not have that resin gloss look.

You can achieve the low gloss look with fiberglass as well but I believe you.
How much did that thing cost?
Back to top Go down
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 3:39 pm

I got it after a crash in 2010 so can't recall the exact price. Original price much higher than factory plastic. My price was part of the deal with Mario for $6000+ in repairs. (read: mechanic getting rid of overpriced bling no one would buy by saying a factory replacement would be 3 months to order).    

The only other carbon I've bought are BST wheels and full DP body for a 1098R.  The paint and 10 layers of clear coat are heavier.

Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:47 pm

I chose a GRiSO because of the look of the bike and that she's an Italian V twin.
Being a retired shipwright I spent decades travelling the world working on composite boats
so carbon fibre is one of the things I know. It's not expensive if you do your own and does give a great look.
I carbon wrapped the exposed frame rails, the starter motor cover and the front mudguard saddle
and made a screen and instrument panel from scratch. The result is a bike that gets comments every time I ride.

JohnA and groundhog105 like this post

Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:40 am

If You want to get rid of 5 kg at once, fling in a lithium battery, it's a much cheaper and better investment ...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:56 am

If I wanted to shed a lot of weight from my moving mass I'd get serious about dieting and shit before I rode. When you weigh 110kg worrying about a 5 kg weight saving by fitting CF parts or a lithium battery is an abject, wanton and pathetic joke!

Really, if weight is a problem? Get a lighter bike!
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:13 am

I took 65 LBS off my GRiSO, all between the seat and the handlebars Wink

Now, if someone can come up with a non-Guzzi CF front fender idea I want to see it.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:46 pm

I've got one for an RSV-4 on mine and while mine has got RSV-4 forks I had the factory mudguard on it before and the only thing needed was a couple of short brackets between the rear mounts and the holes in the guard. Therefore if you used the CF item on the Showas I'd think you would probably need to drill a couple of holes a bit higher up the rear mounting point of the guard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Carbon fiber front mudguard
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next