GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Carbon fiber front mudguard

Go down 
+10
Evans
sidrat
Grisonut
Diablo Loco
keenerkeen07
H-E-ROSS
Pisano
Steak
Pete Roper
Goonersteve
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

Carbon fiber front mudguard - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:27 am

I have a CF front guard in a box in the shed - don't know if it's real CF or whatever. Do you want pics?
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:02 pm

Ditchfinder wrote:
I have a CF front guard in a box in the shed - don't know if it's real CF or whatever. Do you want pics?

Indeed I do, especially if you hold it next to the GRiSO front end.
Back to top Go down
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:08 pm

Will do tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Ditchfinder on Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:04 am

So good I posted twice 🙄
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:40 pm

Very helpful, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:32 pm

Carbon wrap of the saddle on the original guard.
It only adds a few grams to the wieght, protects the plastic from UV degradation and beefs it up.
Neither expensive or difficult to do yourself.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:45 am

Thinking about that as well!
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:58 pm

The rear mudguard is about as useful as the proverbial chocolate fireguard.  Crap splatters all over the back end, and me!  I’ve bought a tail-tidy from Gutsibits, and decided to get a hugger.  Plenty of choice, but people speak highly of the one from Skidmarx.
I’d also like to replace the fugly matt black plastic mudguard, with a CF version that matches the hugger.

Skidmarx do a CF front mudguard for the Aprilia RSV1000 R, but only for model years 98 - 03. IF this fits, then its CF will be from same source, and match that of the GRiSO’s hugger.

I’ve researched many of these Aprilia models; RSV1000 R, and Tuono R, RSV4 R, and Tuono V4 R. These all had 43mm Showas, plus 120/70 ZR17 fronts. Excluding Factory models, which were Ohlins equipped.

Does anybody know the front end spec of the above 98 - 03 model?

Bob
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:07 am

Ditchfinder wrote:

Looking at your pics, the CF mudguard looks grey?  Where did you get it, and why the change of mind?

My plan is to buy the CF from the same source as hugger, so it doesn’t look odd.

Bob
Back to top Go down
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:50 am

Hi Bob, it came with the bike in a box bought by the previous owner. I didn't like it enough to fit it. I'm an hour and a bit away if you want to look at it in the flesh....
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:41 pm

Ditchfinder wrote:
Hi Bob, it came with the bike in a box bought by the previous owner. I didn't like it enough to fit it. I'm an hour and a bit away if you want to look at it in the flesh....

Thanks, but I’ll wait.  When I choose a CF mudguard, it HAS to be same colour / weave match as I can get for the rear hugger.  My priority is to buy a hugger

On that quest, I’ve found that the some of the 98-03 model RSV 1000R came with black 43mm Ohlins forks.  Whether they match our Showa’s, my jury is still out.  Could call to visit a breaker with this Mille in, so I can compare.

Bob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber front mudguard   Carbon fiber front mudguard - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Carbon fiber front mudguard
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2