GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HCSO617
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
HCSO617

Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right Empty
PostSubject: Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right   Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:33 pm

Brethren, I ordered a Mistral Hi pipe from MG Cycle. The pipe fits perfectly on the collector and lines up to the foot peg mount. No matter which way I tweak the pipe it hits the turn signal. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Matt
Back to top Go down
Primitial
Carlotto
Carlotto
Primitial

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right   Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:20 pm

I had the same issue, I ended up putting some Rizoma turn signals on the bike the same day because even when I did get it to fit with the originals it looked like it would melt the turn signal because it was sitting on top..
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right   Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:42 pm

Same problem. I have tail tidy though, and was able to bend the bracket enough for the blinker to clear the pipe. You may have to think about different blinkers. Or a tail tidy.

geek

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
HCSO617
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
HCSO617

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right   Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:54 am

Thanks for the replies. I received an email from MG, this was their reply;

Hello Matt:

We've sold about 50 of those mufflers in the past, and never heard of this issue. Do you have original turn signals? Anything that was changed on the bike related to the mounting of them? Can you send a picture or three? The fitment of the Mistral products has been excellent, we'd suspect there is something else going on. Let us know.

Rick
MG Cycle
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right   Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:41 am

If I remember Pete's (Street's) 1100 GRiSO had a Mistral Hi-Pipe that also fouled the LR turn signal.  He might have made some sort of adapter to fix it, but I seem to remember that the flexy stalk just cocked skywards a bit.

Edit to add...

I forgot that Street's GRiSO also had a mudguard eliminator kit in place, so the observation doesn't apply to your situation.

Post some pics so the hive mind can buzz.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
HCSO617
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
HCSO617

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right   Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Thanks again for the replies. I installed my Steelehourse fender eliminator kit today, and the turn signal still rests on the pipe. I received an email back from MG parts. They are going to forward my photos to Mistral to see what they think.

MG parts has been really good answering my emails and letting me know where we are in the process.

I really like the pipe especially after pulling the fuse and resetting the trim.

If all else fails, I'll change the turn signals. I don't want to bend the Steelehouse signal light brackets.

Any idea's on flush mount signals that will work with the brakets?

Matt

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right   Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:45 pm

Is it the carbon version? If it's resting on the carbon it might be OK. I don't think it gets hot enough to melt anything. If it's touching the metal ring at the back of the pipe, or it's an all-metal pipe, you will need to get blinkers with shorter stalks.

You might also try loosening the clamps on headers and mid-pipe, plus the mid-pipe fixing screw and Mistral fixing screw to see if you can get some clearance.

Question

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right   Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:45 pm

I have triangular 'Aprilia' blinkers on mine and my Hi-Pipe sits at a bit of an odd angle due to the extra length I needed to add to it. I also have a tail tidy. The blinker is pushed up a couple of mm and rests on the metal end of the 'Carbon' pipe and so far has suffered no damage. It bugs me a little bit, but not enough that I can be arsed about doing anything about it!

Pete
Back to top Go down
HCSO617
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
HCSO617

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right   Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:19 pm

Thanks Pete, I'll check those out.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right   Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:22 pm

They're the same as those used on a host of bikes from the first decade or so of this century. They were also quite pricey retail but I got them when I was a service agent so to me they were cheap enough.

There are zillions of options on the Bay of Fleas, no need to stick with Piaggio OEM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right   Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Mistral Hi pipe doesn't fit right
Page 1 of 1