GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Mistral high pipe aluminum

Go down 
+6
ErikdeBrabander
GrisoPilot1100
bioman
JonB85
beetle
Grisoleta
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grisoleta
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Grisoleta

Mistral high pipe aluminum Empty
PostSubject: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Finally got mistral high pipe from aluminum and some other stuff from Stein shop. Pipe weights around 2.8 kilos against 8.1 kilos stock.
Installed pipe and loved it. Sounds pretty quit with db-killer in and very loud without it. Can’t wait until I can ride it. I plan to leave db-killer in and to purchase the map from Beetle.
Also I’m going to upgrade brake and clutch master cylinders with brembo rcs.

Leone and JC_Guz89 like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:52 am

Pipe looks good on your GRiSO.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Grisoleta likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Grisoleta
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Grisoleta

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:38 am

Unfortunately they don’t produce carbon and titanium any more Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
JonB85
Carlotto
Carlotto
JonB85

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:24 am

Nice! I've been very tempted to get one of these while they're still available. Does it utilize the passenger footpeg bracket to mount? How much clearance is there with the turn signal?

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:13 am

JonB85 wrote:
... How much clearance is there with the turn signal?

Was just about to ask you that as well.  It looks great but the picture gives the impression that the turn signal will start melting during your first ride...

Back to top Go down
Grisoleta
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Grisoleta

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:20 pm

bioman wrote:
JonB85 wrote:
... How much clearance is there with the turn signal?

Was just about to ask you that as well.  It looks great but the picture gives the impression that the turn signal will start melting during your first ride...

Yes, I think it will be destroyed! But my turn signal is already broken, so I plan to change it.
Back to top Go down
GrisoPilot1100
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
GrisoPilot1100

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:03 pm

Who made the crash bar for cylinder protection?
Back to top Go down
Grisoleta
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Grisoleta

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:09 am

GrisoPilot1100 wrote:
Who made the crash bar for cylinder protection?
I believe it’s from gtm usa

GrisoPilot1100 likes this post

Back to top Go down
GrisoPilot1100
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
GrisoPilot1100

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:52 am

Thank you
Back to top Go down
ErikdeBrabander
Carlotto
Carlotto
ErikdeBrabander

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:52 pm

Now that can is a nice upgrade to the earlier titanium version I have!
I have had a mistral on my V7 Classic and they both have in common a trumpet sound at higher revs with Db killer in it. Pretty different to the Ducati cans I've experienced before.

Mine is at the mechanic for a tapped mod and the Beetle map will be added.
I'm considering to paint 1spoke white for giggles.

Back to top Go down
Grisoleta
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Grisoleta

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:03 pm

ErikdeBrabander likes this post

Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:34 pm

My bike has the same high can but instead of the factory pretzel a ti unit from Arrow. The turn signals are supposedly unbreakable units left over from a dirt bike turned street legal kit. With a fair amount of various methods of gentle persuasion I was able to slip the rear onto the mid far enough to get this kind of clearance. Enough that I had to make a new bracket from the can to the peg hanger.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You’ll have to excuse the dirt as it gets ridden more than washed this time of year![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Grisoleta and ErikdeBrabander like this post

Back to top Go down
Grisoleta
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Grisoleta

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:54 pm

Carbon can looks very nice.
Back to top Go down
Grisoleta
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Grisoleta

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:51 am

Have installed radial brembo master cylinders from the first post of this topic. Feels great! Noticeable Upgrade. Used stock lines and 1 axial to radial adapter at the clutch side.

paulbrice and ErikdeBrabander like this post

Back to top Go down
Grisoleta
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Grisoleta

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:46 pm

Back to top Go down
ErikdeBrabander
Carlotto
Carlotto
ErikdeBrabander

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:24 pm

Looking great with matching reservoirs! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Grisoleta
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Grisoleta

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:28 am

By the way, I have installed restored blinkers and it doesn’t interfere with the pipe!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:40 am

I would strongly advise running it with the dB killer installed rather than removed.
Back to top Go down
Grisoleta
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Grisoleta

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:50 am

Pete Roper wrote:
I would strongly advise running it with the dB killer installed rather than removed.
I love the sound without it very much. But I’m going to try install the plug back.
Now I don’t know may I ride it with the beetle mistral db-killer out map🤷🏼‍�

ErikdeBrabander likes this post

Back to top Go down
ErikdeBrabander
Carlotto
Carlotto
ErikdeBrabander

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:36 am

The dB killer makes your exhaust WITH ORIGINAL (not a photo copy)paper E-certificate street legal.
Without this certificate proving it is legal you still may have legal issues. It is important to have this certificate with you on the bike or you may have a fine.
Your exhaust should have an E-number as well. The capital E stands for European aproved and the number for the country it has been produced.
This E-number accounts for many accesoiries safety related such as headlights, mirrors, indicators etc.

However, in other countries you may get a fine based on the level of dB it is producing.
For this reason I have the DB killer in it and had a K&N filter installed where the noise comes from the airbox when throttle is open IF desired but over here on this forum I learned the K&N does not filter dust at all.

If you want some noise you'd be best with dB killer, original filter and without snorkel. The Beetle mapping is specifically set up for this and generates enough noise to be pleased (at least, for me, 51yrs old and not amused by loud noises as I used to be in my 20's.)

In time, you may find loud noise is not desired anymore.
Back to top Go down
Grisoleta
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Grisoleta

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:52 pm

Ok, I have some time till 51, but i will try put it in and take snorkel out.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:24 pm

That K & N air filter not only doesn't provide any real filtering but the particulate matter that gets through it WILL destroy your throttlebodies in short order. It also provides an aptly zero performance advantage. I strongly advise you remove it.
Back to top Go down
Grisoleta
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Grisoleta

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:37 am

So I installed db-killer in and it is amazing! The middle range improved very sufficient and hi revs weaken not too much! Fuel consumption returned to normal 5.5 liters per 100 km. I’m pretty happy! Snorkel still in place, don’t know if I should remove it.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:29 am

What map are you running?
Back to top Go down
Grisoleta
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Grisoleta

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:32 am

Pete Roper wrote:
What map are you running?
Proper Beetle’s map for that can with db-killer in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mistral high pipe aluminum   Mistral high pipe aluminum Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Mistral high pipe aluminum
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next