GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hi to the Ghetto

Go down 
+11
Lehctim
HCSO617
NorthernProducer
Steak
Pisano
Street
guzziownr
wardentm
Pete Roper
paulbrice
Merl3noir
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Merl3noir
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Merl3noir

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 9:24 am

New Member here, in Upstate NY. Do not currently have a GRiSO, or sadly even a motorcycle currently. Bound and determined to get a GRiSO this summer, but will likely be toward the end of the season. Previously I had a Honda CBR600, and a Yamaha R6. The Yamaha I had while living in Germany, and I decided I needed something a little less speed oriented back in the states. I wanted something Italian, and something not nearly as common as my prior bikes. Moto Guzzi fit the bill perfectly, and luckily they make the GRiSO, as I'm not as big a fan of most of the rest of their current line up. I've actually been to the Moto Guzzi Factory in Mandello del Larrio, gone through the museum, and purchased a Moto Guzzi Leather jacket. Life events have kept me from buying a GRiSO over the past few years, but that is mostly behind me.

Looking forward to hearing from other owners, and maybe even join up on some rides.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 9:34 am

Welcome & hope you get the bike soon. BTW technically (& commercially)Moto Guzzi don't make the GRiSO any more & it isn't in their current line-up; nor as you point out is anything else exciting.....the good news is that the world is still scared of MG Grisos after the flat tappet issue and a near new/previous year/old showroom stock bikes (no flat tappet issues) are currently selling at ridiculous low money. Buy now and enjoy an emerging classic that can only increase in value...
Back to top Go down
Merl3noir
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Merl3noir

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 10:54 am

Hi paulbrice. I have heard that they stopped selling the GRiSO in Europe. In the US it is still available for the 2017 model year. Part of why I am bound and determined to get one this year, it may be my last chance to get one new. Although part of me hopes they will release something along the same lines as the GRiSO to replace it, but I'm not brave enough to take that risk. If they do I can always be troubled with 2 bikes.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 11:52 am

Production of all CARC models ceased in the middle of 2016. While there are still 2017 plated models available in the US they were in fact all built before that point.

There have been no significant changes to the GRiSO apart from the adoption of the Cali 1400 sump since 2013.

Pete
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 3:49 pm

G'day Merl
Welcome to the Ghetto from down under in Tasmania
May your hunt for a GRiSO be fruitful
Stay safe
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 4:44 pm

Define "Upstate" Very Happy

I am 60 miles north of NYC.

Lots of choice on the new and used market in the NE.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 4:50 pm

Welcome.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 5:58 pm

Welcome, great site here.

I got a GRiSO cause I wanted to "ride an engine" and nothing more but it looks fantastic too. I'm not looking back.

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2017 10:53 pm

Buy this one just south of you in Pennsylvania...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A great bike from the ghetto, and a very fair price!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2017 5:38 am

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Merl3noir
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Merl3noir

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2017 11:32 am

guzziownr wrote:
Define "Upstate"  Very Happy

About 20 miles East Of Albany, on the MA, VT border.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Let me know if you need anything, we are practically neighbors. Put this on your calendar:

Aug 3 to Aug 6, 2017
5TH ANNUAL MASSACHUSETTS MGNOC RALLY

Now FOUR DAYS! Come and join us for our 5th year at the Nobleview Outdoor Center in Russell, Massachusetts. The site has spectacular mountaintop views, hiking trails and local swimming holes onsite. We have limited bunk space on request with early registration in bunkhouse log cabins with electricity. There are also tent sites available. Facility has modern showers and a large common area. Local area offers great riding through picturesque small New England towns, with plenty of things to see and do. Great local diners and restaurants for breakfast and lunch in the area. Cost is $60. We are limited to 70 participants; so, register fast! Thursday night dinner, Friday night La Famglia dinner (you bring it we cook). Bring something to share (sausage, other meats, etc.). Saturday dinner is salad, meat or vegetarian lasagna, artisan rolls, wine. Contact information: MGNOC State Rep, Tom Halchuk: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], 508-612-9509. Dave and Brittney Lemieux, Rally Chairpersons: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], 508-243-3197. Please send check for $60 payable to: Dave or Brittney Lemieux, 30 Saranac Street, North Smithfield, Rhode Island 02896. PayPal at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
HCSO617
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
HCSO617

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2017 6:11 pm

Merl3noir wrote:
guzziownr wrote:
Define "Upstate"  Very Happy

About 20 miles East Of Albany, on the MA, VT border.

Welcome to the forum, I love my GRiSO. I grew up on Long Island between two potato farms. You guys were considered Canadian Very Happy

Lots of great info here, better people.
Back to top Go down
Lehctim
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Lehctim

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2017 8:57 pm

Welcome to the forum and good luck on finding your GRiSO!
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Thu May 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Welcome! I'm working in Schenectady this year so we are close. My GRiSO is vacationing in GA while I work but I do have my EV up here for weekend duty. Maybe a Ghetto rally is in the cards!

Love to help you with a GRiSO purchase in anyway I can.
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Thu May 25, 2017 2:11 pm

Welcome! I'm in northern NJ about 30 mi west of NYC. Will keep an eye out for you. What's your budget?
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Thu May 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Dilliw said "Welcome! I'm working in Schenectady this year so we are close."

Are you up here now or still to come?

DW
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Thu May 25, 2017 3:04 pm

If you need a lift to New Hampshire we can work something out Very Happy

Once you get rid of the "baggage" a GRiSO fits nicely.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Thu May 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Me and the EV are here now. Rode up to Llake Placid last weekend.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Thu May 25, 2017 6:41 pm

guzziownr wrote:

I wouldn't have believed it.

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Thu May 25, 2017 7:08 pm

"Me and the EV are here now. Rode up to Lake Placid last weekend"

Excellent, I am looking for a destination for the weekend of the 2nd, weather permitting.

Hyundai Entourage Minivan.  Only a few inches to spare up top so mirrors and flyscreen come off.  

I took the bike to a trackday in the 'van last Summer.  There were some incredulous looks when I unfolded a ramp and rolled out the GRiSO.  

Note the electric winch on the floor.  Pushing it up the ramp solo is possible but not pleasant.  The winch has a remote control to slowly and gently pull the bike up.  putting a bar-end through Milady's side glass is therefore avoided.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Thu May 25, 2017 8:34 pm

Drug rep, nurse or doc???

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Fri May 26, 2017 8:10 pm

Steak wrote:
Drug rep, nurse or doc???
 ???  Please clarify.

Looking at Camping near Bennington for the Triumph thing

then maybe a trip North up 100 to the museum to look at museum-quality bikes

Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Wed May 31, 2017 8:11 am

Someone posted about the Triumph thing on WG and I'm interested as well. I'd like to ride over Sat morning. I was going to just do Sat but I could be talked into a camp night. Let me know your plans.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1Wed May 31, 2017 7:59 pm

Dilliw wrote:
Someone posted about the Triumph thing on WG and I'm interested as well.  I'd like to ride over Sat morning.  I was going to just do Sat but I could be talked into a camp night.  Let me know your plans.

Camping will depend on the Weather.  I have to be home for a birthday lunch on Sunday but Bennington is less than three hours away so it will be a game-day decision.

I wonder if my ID is still good in the School cafeteria:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi to the Ghetto Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to the Ghetto   Hi to the Ghetto Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hi to the Ghetto
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next