GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello , new to the Ghetto.

Go down 
+5
Weißgerät
lcjohnny
Street
Pete Roper
valleydog
9 posters
AuthorMessage
valleydog
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
valleydog

Hello , new to the Ghetto. Empty
PostSubject: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:37 am

Hello and thank you for the membership.
I have been riding one Guzzi for 27 years ( a 69 loop 750 , ratted out ).
I bought a GRiSO Tenni 1200 8v last week , 2009 model with 1 500km.
It has a GPR muffle with no db killers in ( I have them ).
I got the cables from LONELEC.
I have a laptop but not too clued up with computer tech.
What do I do next to get Mr.Beetles map ?
Back to top Go down
valleydog
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
valleydog

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:47 am

apologies for the double post - as i said , not too clued up with tech.

How do I load a picture ?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:43 am

If it's a 2009 your first task is to check it's been rollerised and if it hasn't then you need to do that.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:57 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Valleydog!

Pete (Street)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
valleydog
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
valleydog

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:17 pm

Hi Pete , the first thing I did was set the tappets . I can't tell if it has been done , can one see from above ? .
The PO said it had been done but the invoice only shows enough parts for one side.
A strange thing - adjusters on the rh side a flat head screw type , on the left they are Allen key heads.
Maybe they did one side.
Back to top Go down
valleydog
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
valleydog

PostSubject: The old and the new.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:25 pm

Back to top Go down
valleydog
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
valleydog

PostSubject: Kit C    Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:32 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
If it's a 2009 your first task is to check it's been rollerised and if it hasn't then you need to do that.

Hi Pete , thankyou for your advice.
Where is the best place to buy the kit, I believe it needs Kit C.
Regards.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:00 am

Hi Valley Dog - this is what the flat followers look like form above

This is what the roller followers look like

Hope that helps

Jon
Back to top Go down
valleydog
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
valleydog

PostSubject: Thankyou   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:21 am

Thanks for that Jon.

Damn - appears PO lied to me , mine has not been done .
Will order the parts.

How long do they last with solid lifters ?
Mine has done 1 500km

Regards , Ivor.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:31 am

Pete Roper is your expert there (on this site) just look up cam followers or rollerising
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:21 pm

Previous owner may not of deliberately lied. There was an actual 'Recall' early in the piece where they replaced the original chilled cast iron tappets with forged steel ones with a DLC coating. Unfortunately many people still think this was the 'Fix' for flat tappet issues, it wasn't. The only fix is Rollerisation.

How long will a set of flatties last? How long is a piece of string? Some people's bikes lasted less than a few thousand km. Others went much further. It depends on a number of factors but they will all fail. Leaving the flats in will simply risk further damage to the motor.

As. 2009 it will need a 'C' kit but the cheapest way out is buy a 'B' kit and add the extra bits you need.

Back to top Go down
valleydog
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
valleydog

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:59 am

Gents , some more advice please :
I have the cables and wish to download the correct programs for Guzzidiag.
On Beetles tutorial there are different downloads for different ECU s .
How does one ascertain which ECU number one has ?
Back to top Go down
Weißgerät
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Weißgerät

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:09 am

Hi Valleydog, welcome to the ghetto!
Sad you have to do this surgery on your bike, and it's not cheap.
My 2009 was rollerised at about 14,000 km

I'd assume you might as well wait until your bike is rollerised before updating the map?

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:43 am

The GRiSO has the 5AM ECU.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
valleydog
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
valleydog

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:03 pm

Thank you chaps .
I will order the roller parts tomorrow.
Beetle a question please :
The GPR that she came with has 2 items loose ( not fitted ).
One is a perforated cone that , by the diagram , fits where the pipe joins the muffle.
The other is an end cap that fits at the exit of the muffle and is retained by a circlip.
Which one of these is the ubiquitous " DB Killer " ?

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:22 pm

They are both, technically, dB killers. Some pipes have them at both ends. The one with the circlip that fits at the output of the pipe is the important one, assuming it's not just an open-ended reducer, but actually has multiple smaller holes.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
valleydog
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
valleydog

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:41 pm

It is open ended - no " mesh ".
So with the standard mapping do you recommend refitting them for better performance ?
Note : there are no noise constraints here in SA ( she actually sounds very pleasant without them - not too loud ) , nor are there any emission concerns or testing.
There is no CAT in the system.
I must say it runs very well , just a bit " snatchy " at small throttle openings .
I guess it's a case of " you don't know what bad is until you try better ".
I also wonder if models destined for SA had different mapping due to the lack of emission controls here.
Have you had any feedback from 1200s running your maps in SA ?
I know that the fuels are different too - used to ride a 300 Gas Gas dirt bike and imported an after market needle from USA.
The American guys were raving about it - put it in my bike and it was so rich it could not rev past 3500. Guys in UK complained of the same thing as me.
USA gas is different to UK and SA it seems .
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:25 pm

valleydog wrote:
Thank you chaps .
I will order the roller parts tomorrow.
Beetle a question please :
The GPR that she came with has 2 items loose ( not fitted ).
One is a perforated cone that , by the diagram , fits where the pipe joins the muffle.
The other is an end cap that fits at the exit of the muffle and is retained by a circlip.
Which one of these is the ubiquitous " DB Killer " ?

I'd advise you dont order the 'C' kit. Substantial savings can be made by ordering, (For your bike.) a ''B' kit and the extra bits to turn it into a 'C' kit.

Back to top Go down
valleydog
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
valleydog

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:28 pm

Hi Pete ,
thankyou for your advice.
What are the extra bits ???
Can you supply and send to SA ?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:26 pm

AFAIK, the maps were the same everywhere, except for possibly Japan. I've never seen a map from a Japanese GRiSO, but the headers had cats in each pipe, so I expect it was different. Even the French 100HP limited (tee hee!) maps were exactly the same as European, US, & Australian maps.

I would install both, but I hate loud pipes. It should also improve low & mid range torque.

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:46 pm

I can get whatever you need sent to you easily enough. I'm currently at Balyando Crossing in Outback Queensland but I'll be in Townsville tonight.

Email me at

motomoda.roper at gmail.com and I'll explain the process.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:49 pm

beetle wrote:

I would install both, but I hate loud pipes. It should also improve low & mid range torque.

Ahem, don't listen to my bike then!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:51 pm

Not that it's of big importance but I thought that the Tenni model was introduced in 2010?
Anyway, good luck with the upgrade and you're in the right place for any help you might need.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:23 am

Nope...I'm riding a UK market 2009 Tenni (that shat two sets of tappets). What Pete says followed by 2009 maps are horrible to point of almost unrideable, so you will get massive improvement with Beetle map
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello , new to the Ghetto.   Hello , new to the Ghetto. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello , new to the Ghetto.
Page 1 of 1