GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Stelvio Shock

Go down 
+3
paulbrice
guzziownr
sidrat
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Stelvio Shock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stelvio Shock   Stelvio Shock - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:53 pm

THE STORY ON MATRIS

As near as I have been able to ascertain from my suspension tech and from direct contact with Matris.

All high end suspension manufacturers have their roots in racing.
Ohlin reserve their latest/highest technology for their own "sponsored race teams". The rest of the racing community/general public get second tier products, whereas, MATRIS will offer everybody their best products.

After internal inspection Scotty (my susp tech) said, "If you ever go racing, throw away your bike and keep the shock". It allows infinite tuning for whatever your requirements might be.

Developed thru racing, for racing, meaning it doesn't need travel, needs to be firm. Tracks are smooth compared to roads.

1. We found we needed to increase the size of the titanium "shock shaft jet", to increase flow for a greater range of adjustment. I was seeking compliance for goat tracks called highways in QLD.

2. We removed the top out spring arrangement and fitted an internal rubber bump stop, this increased the eye-to-eye length but more importantly, shock shaft travel. Measured Guzzi suspension travel is way short of their advertised specifications.

3. Raising the rear and dropping the front transfers weight bias and Cof G forward, exacerbating the feelings of, Matris spring is too hard and stock forks are too soft.

My Matris was fitted with a 12kg spring for a 110kg rider. I fitted an 11kg spring for my 100kg riding weight, but have since dropped to 10.5kg spring after messing with total geometry.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Stelvio Shock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stelvio Shock   Stelvio Shock - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:05 am

Thanks for that Ghezzi, i knew you could not resist a suspension topic :-)
Back to top Go down

Stelvio Shock
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2