GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

does anyone ride a sports bike too

Go down 
+18
Davetti
bahamazoo
Street
waterbottle
RIKBRIANT
thekenheld
Dagon
Grisonut
Papa Lazarou
GHTE
Pete Roper
beetle
Stubbie
EricS
sideshowbob
Oz1200Guzzi
nblades
sidrat
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

does anyone ride a sports bike too Empty
PostSubject: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:15 am

Ok, so have two or three groups of friends i ride out with on a regular basis. In the past year they have all upgraded their bikes from naked mid range bikes to bloody sports bikes, like Ducati Panagale's (these seem to be as common as muck!), Ducati Monster 1200r, Aprilia v4 tuono, Aprilia RSV V4, Suzuki gsxr1000rr the very latest version, Yamaha R1, BMW S1000rr you get the idea

who else on this forum rides something else sports bike wise other than their GRiSO

Maybe i should look at a triumph 675 to keep it company, or just get some different mates!!!

Last edited by sidrat on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:40 am

I wouldn't worry about keeping up. Just enjoy the ride as it is. All of these bikes can be ridden fast or slow. If your always trying to keep up, you'll never be happy. I think your GRiSO Is way cooler than those crotchers. I've ridden two of the bike you listed, and they are uncomfortable. My balls went knumb on the RSV V4 in 20 min. Barf, no thanks.

Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:39 am

nblades wrote:
I wouldn't worry about keeping up. Just enjoy the ride as it is. All of these bikes can be ridden fast or slow. If your always trying to keep up, you'll never be happy. I think your GRiSO Is way cooler than those crotchers. I've ridden two of the bike you listed, and they are uncomfortable. My balls went knumb on the RSV V4 in 20 min. Barf, no thanks.

I agree but i wondered what might compliment the GRiSO, i don't have too much trouble keeping up, especially when it gets twisty :-)
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:53 pm

You want sporty, get a Sport - a Moto Guzzi Sport to be exact - still cool as, and no traitor
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Have had several sports over the years. Just can't ride them very far anymore. For me its my neck that cant take it. I guess its TMB, too many birthdays. But if I had a Daytona I would put up with the pain.
Back to top Go down
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:13 pm

Maybe a BMW 9T or a Yamaha MT 01. But GRiSO Is still better. Hopefully your friends don't care what you ride, and just want to have fun together. On a side note, my roller kit has shipped, and should be here Wednesday!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:58 am

My second bike is a 1964 BMW R60/2. It is great shape and lots of fun to ride real slow.....
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:23 am

As I've gotten, ehem, older my neck and knees make the sport bike position an untenable situation for more than 15-20 minutes. I guess you need to define 'keeping up'.

I find the GRiSO has no problem hanging with almost any bike in real-world riding unless it entails hooligan behavior (drag racing / wheelies / burning up tires and such).
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:31 pm

I have an 1982 998 Le Mans. Not that I have ridden it on any long distance for many years. 30 minutes is about my max at the moment before taking a break.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:08 pm

Found the sports bike brigade can't handle a POS Guzzi that keeps up in the twisties, so next open section they have to go 240+ to leave me behind. Don't care, happy to ride on my own at my own pace.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:34 pm

What's the old maxim?

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast?"

Aye.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:48 pm

GRiSO will romp from 120 to 180 in pretty short order if asked. Since the lower end of that scale is illegal on all but a few roads in the NT top speed is a bit moot.

My mate Dave's pal got booked on his KTM doing 115 in a 60 zone last weekend. The 60 zone was a short stretch either side of a lookout on the Snowy Mountains highway. Sure it was a revenue raising pounce but what sort of retard rides hard on those roads on Moto GP weekend?

He had to get the bike towed,(On the spot loss of license.) and will be walking for six months.

Part stupid, part it's just so easy to go stupid fast.

Last edited by Pete Roper on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:53 pm

A 2016 Multistrada is not a sports bike per se but it sure can get up and boogie.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:17 pm

Don't bother to compete. Just get something very slow to ride out with them. I know of an excellent XS250 going cheap:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Laughing
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:58 pm

thanks for the support, i am over it now and will just have to thrash the GRiSO as necessary, funny about fines, on the way home i left my riding buddy on his Fireblade at the fuel stop as i had to get back in a hurry, yes he was holding me up (no his bike obvioulsy) and he got a speeding fine on the way back home!!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:37 pm

I can't ride sport bikes for too long anymore...I mean clip-on style rides.
So it's useless for me to get one, but a 1198 Duc is pure sex IMO.
A friend of mine has a RC 51 and we ride together every chance we get, sometimes we swap and I can handle my butt on his bike for a couple of hours.
He digs the GRiSO a lot too and never in a rush to swap back. lol

I know there are a few members here that do have crotcher type bikes, they'll eventually chime in...
Back to top Go down
Dagon
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Dagon

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:25 am

Daytona 675 over here. Great bike, performance, handling, it's all razor sharp on the road.
Hugely entertaining if you get some clear road in front of you.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:52 am

Dagon wrote:
Daytona 675 over here. Great bike, performance, handling, it's all razor sharp on the road.
Hugely entertaining if you get some clear road in front of you.

I think they are a very good looking bike, especially the early ones in Gold
Back to top Go down
thekenheld
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
thekenheld

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:19 am

There's a SuperDuke R 990 parked next to my GRiSO. No folding required, still fast as hell...
Back to top Go down
Dagon
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Dagon

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:11 am

sidrat wrote:
think they are a very good looking bike, especially the early ones in Gold

That's exactly what I have:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Picked it up a couple of years ago from a guy who spent more time cleaning it then riding it, so it was in very good shape.

Last edited by Dagon on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:14 am

^^^^^^^^^You luck bastard^^^^^^^^^i am very jealous!!!! and cred to you
Back to top Go down
RIKBRIANT
Carlotto
Carlotto
RIKBRIANT

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Papa Lazarou wrote:
Don't bother to compete. Just get something very slow to ride out with them. I know of an excellent XS250 going cheap:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Laughing

I used to have a hard tailed XS250 with rabbit ear bars.
Slowest piece of shit I've ever ridden,. Oh.. and I had an owl  go right through the middle of the bars ...
if  I hadnt been paying attention , and leaned left, it would have hit me in the middle of my head...!
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:19 am

The Yamaha XS250 was one of the worst bikes to come out of a factory.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:09 pm

If there's an itch to scratch, go all out and obtain an MGS01. That'll see the rest of them envious for sure.
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:48 pm

I still have a little hooligan in me. ZRX1200 that I have tuned to perfection, call it my stunt bike. I enjoy a nice long 2nd gear wheel stand on occasion. adrenaline good. Also have a 900hp Dakota pickup, down right scary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: does anyone ride a sports bike too   does anyone ride a sports bike too Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

does anyone ride a sports bike too
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next