GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Oil change?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

Oil change? Empty
PostSubject: Oil change?   Oil change? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:04 am

Hello all!
I'm going to change engine oil today ... Can I check the level while on the sidestand?

If it needs to be totally vertical, its a two person job for me since I dont have a lift.

Thanks

Norm F
Back to top Go down

Oil change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil change?   Oil change? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:08 am

Vertical it is.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Oil change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil change?   Oil change? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:14 am

It will drain out more efficiently if the bike is straight up. Just sit on it for a couple of minutes while it drains.
We check the oil level with the bike on the side stand...with the dip stick unscrewed just resting in the hole, the oil level should show at the top of the graduation range on the stick, which equals 3.5L that the bike requires.
Back to top Go down
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

Oil change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil change?   Oil change? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:36 am

Thanks guys
Appreciated
Back to top Go down
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

Oil change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil change?   Oil change? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:39 am

Pisano wrote:
Hello all!
I'm going to change engine oil today ... Can I check the level while on the sidestand?

If it needs to be totally vertical, its a two person job for me since I dont have a lift.

Thanks

Norm F
Hey Pisano, do you want to buy a really cool lift? I have two for sale here in Alberta. If you put a block of wood under the oil pan, while its on the Becker GRiSO lifter, you can level it perfectly for maintenance and storage, etc. Check out my add in this forum, in the classified section.

Regards, Norm
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Oil change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil change?   Oil change? Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:39 am

OK, no need for a new thread so I'll post here...
Does the 2015 and up Grisos still require 3.5L of engine oil?
Since those bikes are running the Cali. 1400 sump pan with no spacer, it takes some off the volume in oil countenance. Me think maybe 3L only ?
I can see where the oil is at on the dip stick and follow that visual line for the rest of the bike's life but I'd like to know if the factory adjusted on that.
Won't take long before the first service now so I don't wanna be caught off guard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oil change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil change?   Oil change? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Oil change?
Page 1 of 1