12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Beetle's GRiSO 1100 Map

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GHTE
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Beetle's GRiSO 1100 Map   Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:51 pm

My good friend Gregg Farebrother visited me in the Vic High Country from Sydney over the weekend. He came armed with the guzzidiag stuff and a spaghetti factory of cables and uploaded my recently purchased 1100 map from Beetle.
After saving the old map to the computer we uploaded the new map.
The only slight issue I had with the 1100 was fuel use. It was averaging circa 5.5 litres per 100kms (not terrible, but a tad greedy). This was mostly due to high indicated usage when pushing through 120 kms to say 140/150 where the ave fuel indicated circa 9 litres per 100km.
After 2 modest rides yesterday and today the usage is down to 5.0 litres per 100kms. In particular the fuel usage under real load dropped to the high 6.0's so a real gain here for prolonged spirited riding.

What did impress and surprise me significantly was the roll on smoothness the new map presented. I was not unhappy with the existing roll on, especially hard up through 3rd 4th and 5th gears. However, the new map gave a significant improvement in response time, the engine spooled up more quickly and accelerated more quickly. I don't think this will translate into more top end performance (wasn't looking for it any way), however the bike will get up there more quickly and smoothly. I regarded this aspect as an unexpected and delightful bonus. The bike feels so much more in tune with me now.
So a big hats off Beatle, for developing such a good map and making a lovely bike into a gem, and to Gregg for helping me get there. Thank you both.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Beetle's GRiSO 1100 Map   Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:53 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: Beetle's GRiSO 1100 Map   Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:41 pm

Yes Beetle sent me a 1100 map.
And I do not know how he did it but my bike is as smooth as silk.
The guy is a legend in my books.
Yes Beetle take a bow as you have earned it.

Back to top Go down

Beetle's GRiSO 1100 Map
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: