12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crazy88
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

PostSubject: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:45 am

Hi all!

I'm trying to get my laptop & ECU to talk to each other and I'm not having much luck!

I'm using the Lonelec cables, powered and plugged in, I think I've tried using both the drivers on Beetles post and the ones that Windows (7) upload automatically.

Oddly enough, Guzzidiag works, I get real-time info but the ECU symbol doesn't appear on the dash. The problem is that I need the readers/writer to work so that I can download Beetles map.

In the programs I only get the option for one COM port (COM3) so can't try different ones. When I press read the folder comes up blank, the box below that is greyed out.

Any advice would be really appreciated!

John
2010 rollerised GRiSO
Rollerised
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:47 pm

ECU symbol only appears when reading and writing.

Where is the Reader program located?
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Crazy88
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Thanks for your reply! The reader is in a folder in the desktop
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:54 pm

In Guzzidiag you also have same com port? It's not that you have Guzzidiag running while you try to use the reader?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Crazy88
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:57 pm

I do, both read COM3 and don't offer up any other options, I've not been running them both at the same time
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:01 pm

Move the Reader to My Documents, or create a dedicated GuzziDiag folder.
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Crazy88
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:02 pm

Cool, will try that tomorrow
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:20 pm

It just looks like Guzzidiag doesn't have rights there. You can also make a c:\guzzidiag folder and put reader and writer there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Also make sure you have the right reader/writer for the ECU you are connecting to. Don't ask how I learnt this ( Embarassed ).
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:19 am

You may not run guzzidiag and Reader or Writer at the same time. You also have to switch a timing setting in the driver.

Last but not least, don't forget to disable Windows Update, otherwise Windows will download a new onboard driver and overwrite the dedicated one with it.
Back to top Go down

Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: