GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag

Go down 
+5
2highlander
Oz1200Guzzi
pauldaytona
beetle
Crazy88
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 08, 2023 6:58 am

Even with a battery charger connected, if the ECU measures the battery bolts as too low, it will shutdown. Check/clean you battery terminals, the ground connection on the starter motor, and also the ground connection on the ECU itself. The last two are known sources of bad grounds.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Petrel
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Petrel

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 09, 2023 12:31 am

Hi

it seemed a good advice but I checked all connections you suggested (cleaning also with a contact cleaner) and nothing changed. The battery in any case is at 13.15V.

So the problem is the same: after "erasing" (however the green barr doesn't arrive to 0 but after 1/3 desappear and "loading" starts) in the "loading" phase it stops ad different values of bytes (I guess) charged saying 'something went wrong"

Back to top Go down
Petrel
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Petrel

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 09, 2023 3:36 am

I forgot

the logfile of the writer. Maybe you find something interesting in

1483ms File: C:\MOTO GUZZI\Griso_1200_8v_2230G803_lambda off.bin
1484ms Fast init
1901ms Init Ok
2140ms Drawing: CM227001
2141ms Hardware: IAW5AMHW610
2142ms Omologation: 5AMCC
2142ms Software: 2230G803
2142ms Tester: WLoad1039T
2143ms Date: 2023.05.06
2204ms Diagnostic started
2434ms Baudrate switched
3571ms 8D 16 8D 17
3572ms 25 76 69 27
3747ms Login Ok
4033ms TesterCode written
4197ms ProgDate written
13714ms erased!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 09, 2023 9:14 am

Unfortunately, the log tells us nothing, other than it's connected. Next step would be to remove the ECU and check the pins. If all good, reinstall it and see if you can read the EEPROM. Use this tool:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If successful, try to connect with GuzziDiag. Need to confirm whether the base code is OK. Given that the Writer connects, I suspect it is, but want confirmation.

Set the preferences in GuzziDiag to save the debug log, and CSV values.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Petrel
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Petrel

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 10, 2023 4:28 am

Hi

so, i checked all the connectors and pins of eprom, spraying some contact cleaner on all of them. Then I put it in place.

I tryed to read eprom with iaw5amepromtool and it gives error after what seems a brief connection. Below is the logfile

I do not understand: the motorcycle was running well (before I tried to upload a modified map) so the eprom should work, right? as without eprom the motorcycle doesn't run, does it?

7864ms Fast init
8281ms Init Ok
8569ms Drawing: CM227001
8571ms Hardware: IAW5AMHW610
8572ms Omologation: 5AMCC
8573ms Software: 2230G803
8574ms Tester: WLoad1039T
8575ms Date: 2023.05.09
8576ms IAW5AM detected
8745ms Diagnostic started
8847ms Baudrate switched
9418ms 4C CD CE 4C
9419ms 6F 3D 37 54
9593ms Login Ok

The logfile of guzzidiag gives a lot of

5AM 352ms Tx: 0x81
5AM 352ms Tx: 0x10
5AM 352ms Tx: 0xF1
5AM 352ms Tx: 0x81
5AM 352ms Tx: 0x03
5AM 399ms Rx: 0x83
5AM 399ms Rx: 0xF1
5AM 399ms Rx: 0x10
5AM 399ms Rx: 0xC1
5AM 399ms Rx: 0xEF
5AM 400ms Rx: 0x8F

and the csv a lot of

Time in ms,"","","","","","","Lambda regulator",""
941,"","","","","","","----",""
1102,"","","","","","","----",""
1254,"","","","","","","----",""
1417,"","","","","","","----",""
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 10, 2023 9:15 am

I’m starting to think something is corrupted in the software.

I’ve PM’d you my email address. Please send me the modified map you tried to install.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Petrel
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Petrel

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 10, 2023 6:49 pm

Hi

I sent you the map.

which software you mean, the software of the ecu?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 10, 2023 9:08 pm

Yes, the software in the ECU.

You may need to remove the ECU and get it flashed the bench to rule out any wiring or connection related issues.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Petrel
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Petrel

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 10, 2023 11:05 pm

Ah I see. But how do you do something like that?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 11, 2023 6:41 am

There's a couple of ways to do it. I made a bench flashing kit for Pete, but it can be done with your GuzziDiag cables, a 12V battery or power supply, and some breadboard jumper wires...but it's not for the faint of heart.

Another way would be to find a bike tuner with an AlienTech KESS bench flashing tool. You will need a map in the KESS format. I can supply that.

Third option would be to trailer the bike to an official Guzzi dealer and see if PADS (the official service software) can recover the ECU. That would likely mean a lot of questions...

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Petrel
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Petrel

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 11, 2023 8:06 am

ok I'm used to work with prototipe-almost-self-modified loggers to collect data on seabirds (mini GPS, heart rate loggers ......), so knowing exactly the pins on the two sides I can arrange wires from the ODB to ecu and with a bench power supply to comunicate with the ecu ;-) (I guess with the same iaw5x writer)

but I can also try to find someone with an Alientech Kess

I tested also another thing as I gave some thought to what you told me in the first message: the battery of my GRiSO is not new. And I have no idea of how much the comunication between the laptop and the ecu takes in terls of energy. So I checked with a tester what happens when I start the procedure and I see that the tension drops down. Not much, a kind of 0.3-0.4 V but may be if the ecu measure the delta V and not the absolute V it may decide to stop the comunication.

So I'll try in the WE to use the battery of my other Guzzi that is brand new (and bigger as it is a model 850T of 1973), and see what happens. If the writer still stops I'l go for bench flashing.
Back to top Go down
Petrel
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Petrel

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 14, 2023 12:32 am

Hi Beetle

well the trial with the bigger battery didn't change anything relevant. The writer starts to upload and then after a variable time, and a variable number of bites in the lover rignt window, it says "something went wrong"

I tried to read again the map with the iaw reader and at the very end it said "dowload was not successfull" so differently from 2 weeks ago when before writing I dowloaded the map.

At the same time in a way or in another, the first time I used it, the writer "deleted" the map present in the ecu (well I guess so) as now my GRiSO doesn't start anymore. I do not know how it works exactly so I cannot say more.

About the bench flashing, is something like the thing is the link below that I have to make to communicate on a bench with the ecu through the same ODB and the same IAW5x writer?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

thanks for your precious help

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 14, 2023 7:53 am

That breakout cable looks good. I might get one myself!

You will also need to have the +12V to the ECU active prior to clicking "Write" on the IAW5xWriter. A second +12V is also required for the "key sense" signal, which is the equivalent of switching the key on.

My makeshift "bench flasher" was a bit messy, but did the job.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Petrel
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Petrel

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 16, 2023 11:00 pm

I ordered it!!!

it is faster than do make it it and I guess that the button works exacly as to turn the key for the key sense
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 17, 2023 6:28 am

The description suggests the switch turns the +12V off, but you need 2 x 12V feeds. One must be on continuously, and the other must be switched to simulate the keysense.

I'll know soon enough.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Petrel
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Petrel

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 17, 2023 5:24 pm

in any case it is easy to add a supplementary switch on the key sense wire (that is safer than to connect the wire IMHO)
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 18, 2023 4:56 pm

Got my cable. The switch connects the +12V to the OBD2 USB cable. You will need to add a separate switch for the keysense. The pin sockets on the leads fit quite nicely on the ECU pins.

In GRiSO we trust!

Speedfrog likes this post

Back to top Go down
Petrel
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Petrel

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:03 am

After having got the same cable for bench flashing the ECU I tried and it didn't work..... exactly the same problem than with the ECU on the GRiSO

So Paul, the person behind guzzidiag with who I was in contact to find a solution, simply told: could it be simply a probleme with your interface?

I ordered this one (https://www.lonelec.com/product/guzzidiag-jpdiag-ducatidiag-tuneecu-kit-kl-1talia-3-pin-connection/) he suggested and ..........it worked perfectly. So the only problem was the blue interface. I could have thought to it immediately but as I was reading correctly and Guzzidiag was working .........

in any case all's well that ends well

thanks again to Beetle for his help and suggestions

Oz1200Guzzi and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:56 am

Hmm. That's interesting.

I'm pleased you got it working.

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag    Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Communication issues with IAW/Guzzidiag
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2