GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Greetings from Texas

Go down 
+9
EricS
guzziownr
Street
NorthernProducer
sidrat
wardentm
beetle
wyno
PunkScout
13 posters
AuthorMessage
PunkScout
Carlotto
Carlotto
PunkScout

Greetings from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi there! I've actually had my machine for a couple of years now, but I just discovered this site - so I am saying hello! I've got a '14 GRiSO - it's nice. It's stock. So yeah, hello.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:22 pm

Welcome to the forum. All your questions can be answered here by those that know. (That would not be me).
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:31 pm

Welcome ghetto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:36 am

G'day Scout
Welcome from us all down under in Tasmania.
Enjoy your great GRiSO
Stay safe
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 am

Hello Scout and welcome from the other side of the pond :-)
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:06 pm

Howdy and welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:17 pm

Welcome, Punk.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:31 pm

"Do you feel lucky? Well, do you Punk?"

Greetings from NYC!
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:19 pm

Greetings from NJ!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:03 am

Texas?  Where's that zackly? Wink

Welcome to what is indisputably -- well, if I say so, it must be so  cheers  -- the most useful GRiSO resource on the web.

The only concern is that after I read a few posts, Kathi tells me I get a down-under accent. Rolling Eyes

Best,

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:43 pm

G'day Bill. Crikey, mate! You reckon there's a few Aussie's here? I reckon you're spot-on. It's a fair dinkum ripper of a website. Strewth!

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:01 pm

Come on down Bill! Oh and welcome Scout
Back to top Go down
PunkScout
Carlotto
Carlotto
PunkScout

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:30 pm

guzziownr wrote:
"Do you feel lucky?  Well, do you Punk?"

Greetings from NYC!

Yeah, I feel lucky. I ran over 3 leprechauns today so I have luck coming out my gills.

Bill Hagan wrote:
Texas?  Where's that zackly? Wink

Welcome to what is indisputably -- well, if I say so, it must be so  cheers  -- the most useful GRiSO resource on the web.

The only concern is that after I read a few posts, Kathi tells me I get a down-under accent.   Rolling Eyes

Best,

Bill

What, Texas? You've probably never heard of it - just a little state of small importance.

I'm pretty excited, seems like a good place. A lot of research I need to do.

Basically over the last couple of riding seasons I've discovered exactly 3 things I want to change on the machine.

The exhaust.  I came off a Triumph Street Triple with a full Remus setup on it and frankly it sounded like -to quote Jeremy Clarkson -"a chorus of Angels shouting things to death."  The Guzzi is a little sedate sounding for my taste and that factory authorized Termi slip-on sounds pretty wonderful to my ear.

That leads into 2 - Fueling.  The factory fuel map really is crap on the thing. She's a very unhappy girl when cold and even once warmed up the throttle is choppy as fuck at low RPMs , couple that with the shaft final drive and it required liberal clutch usage to ride even remotely smoothly when I'm in my parking structure/parking lots.    I've been reading up on those in your forums, but there seems to be a lot of "shit we assume you know" stuff I have to catch up on before it becomes terribly meaningful to me.

Finally .... I'd really like to work out a bug-catcher windscreen of some kind; it's a little brutal riding all day with the wind beating me in the chest.

So thanks for the warm welcome! Hopefully given a little time I'll come to be able to meaningfully contribute.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:02 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:
Texas?  Where's that zackly? Wink...

I think what Bill was really asking is, where in Texas? Lotta miles between Texarcana and Anthony.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
PunkScout
Carlotto
Carlotto
PunkScout

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:09 pm

Oh, that makes sense. Dallas area.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:04 pm

Thumbs Up I lived in El Paso for several years and discovered that most Texans really consider that more a part of New Mexico than Texas. Had a lot of fun there and still have a couple of friends in the area. Welcome to the Ghetto.

Back to top Go down
PunkScout
Carlotto
Carlotto
PunkScout

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:12 pm

Street wrote:
Thumbs Up I lived in El Paso for several years and discovered that most Texans really consider that more a part of New Mexico than Texas. Had a lot of fun there and still have a couple of friends in the area. Welcome to the Ghetto.

Yeah, Texas is weird- I grew up in the panhandle. The panhandle alternatively thinks they are their own state/part of New Mexico, far south Texas is essentially Mexico. Far East Texas might as well be Louisiana.

Honestly if we busted this place up into 5 or 6 new states it would probably work better.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:44 pm

I'll tell that to my niece, she lives in Dallas. If you want a relatively cheap screen that will keep some of the wind off you try an Emgo Venom. It comes in black only, so you can spray it any colour you want. Have a look at my avatar to see what it looks like on a GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:44 pm

Welcome punk. I only have good thinks to say about Texas and Texans. Texas is nearly as large as our smallest state for one (given Oz is the same size as the lower 48 and only having six states and 2 territories thats not hard to achieve ).
The 3 questions you have raised are easily answered within this international cabal of reprobates. The major one is mapping-look into the search function and you will see the maps Beetle has brilliantly put together. Select the right one and Bobs your uncle. I have had 2 maps for 2 different Grisos and the difference is amazing in terms of smoothness, fuel consumption and roll on performance.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
PunkScout
Carlotto
Carlotto
PunkScout

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:29 pm

I found his tutorial thread concerning the guzzidag program and a list of maps (though I'm not certain which is what I would use quite yet).   I went and found the program .... 0.47  and I've been meaning to research out what kind of cable I need.  I see he lists some drivers for one in the same thread - so I assume that's it, but it's a little unclean after my first run through.  I was planning on dedicating a little more time to it this week.

I'll get it all figured out, I just need to read more, read more carefully, and let it soak in the old noggin.  But I am very excited about  fixing the fueling, that'd be awesome.

Last edited by PunkScout on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
Back to top Go down
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:46 pm

welcome to the ghetto!!!! tons of great info and help here, dive in, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Texas   Greetings from Texas Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Texas
Page 1 of 1