GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map?

Go down 
+4
Stubbie
kiwi dave
beetle
ajsmith184
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ajsmith184
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ajsmith184

Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map? Empty
PostSubject: Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map?   Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 pm

I assumed it would be something easily sourced off Amazon or Ebay. Searching for "OBD 2 KKL 16 pin to usb with FTDI chip" doesnt yield any results except for ebay ones listed in China.

Am I searching incorrectly or is there a link to where I could get one already here? THanks!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map?   Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:00 pm

Amazon:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
ajsmith184
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ajsmith184

PostSubject: Re: Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map?   Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:12 pm

Got it! I did see that but wasn’t sure if it would work. Appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map?   Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:15 pm

The Guzzidiag cables from Lonelec (http://lonelec.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=57_20) provide this function. If you aren't already using Guzzidiag, you might want to consider this option and kill two birds with one stone. I've had only limited success with OBD2.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map?   Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:15 am

Dave, GuzziDiag uses OBD2, and that cable is equivalent to what Lonelec provide. It has the FTDI chip according to the description. He will just need to get the 3 pin to 16 cable separately.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

PostSubject: Re: Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map?   Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:51 am

Just out of interest I searched for this cable on Amazon Australia and found this. Almost twice the price.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map?   Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:25 am

I think some vendors are either taking the piss, or really don't want to ship globally.

Don't pay more than $25-30 AU or equivalent of whatever your local currency is. It must have the FTDI chip, or you will be sad. That's for the 16 pin OBD2 USB cable.

The 3 pin to 16 pin cable is only worth $10-15 AU. It's commonly referred to as a Fiat cable.

Lonelec is the best source as they guarantee them to work, and will replace them if they don't.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
MotoMT
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoMT

PostSubject: Re: Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map?   Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:32 am

I got mine from OBD Innovations: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It appears back-ordered from there, unfortunately. The important spec on the cable is FTDI FT232RL. There are cables that look the same, but don't have that chip. Those don't work, I learned the hard way.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map?   Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:19 am

Just buy it all from Lonelec - it all works...

Last edited by Oz1200Guzzi on Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

PostSubject: Re: Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map?   Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:48 am

Mines all sorted from Lonelec. No way im payin $70 from Amazon Aust.
Back to top Go down
PunkScout
Carlotto
Carlotto
PunkScout

PostSubject: Re: Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map?   Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:06 pm

I got my cable in a week from Lonelec. I think it was all in like 27 bucks or something. They even accept paypal.
Back to top Go down
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

PostSubject: Re: Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map?   Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:48 pm

beetle wrote:
Amazon:

This is the link I followed to buy the cables. The 3 pins are too big and don't fit my bike. Not sure what to do. I've got a new beetle map and can't get it into my bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map?   Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Stateside OBD 2 cables for a beetle map?
Page 1 of 1