GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
oediehl
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
oediehl

GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times) Empty
PostSubject: GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times)   GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times) Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:08 pm

I bought my 2012 8v, rollerized GRiSO with low miles, and a Quad D exhaust with Power Commander. I recently removed the Power Commander, and replaced the Quad D with the factory Termignoni that came with the purchase. It's got a bung plug rather than the O2 sensor, and there was no baffle included. I had downloaded the GuzziDiag software and bought the cables from Lonetec, and I bought a map from Beetle for an 8-valve GRiSO with Termignoni today, and did the reflash. All went smoothly, and I followed up with the TPS and Autolearning reset

Then I took the girl for a ride. She accelerates hard at higher RPMs, but there's a bit of stuttering and stumbling at constant throttle lower-RPM riding. Any thoughts? 12K on the clock now. Might I need to resync the throttle bodies? Or is the missing O2 sensor or baffle possibly and issue?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times)   GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times) Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:40 pm

Missing baffle will be the cause.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
oediehl
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
oediehl

PostSubject: Re: GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times)   GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times) Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:00 pm

You think? I tried ordering a baffle a year ago, and after being on back-order for nine months I cancelled the order. Anybody got a Termignoni baffle for sale?
Back to top Go down
oediehl
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
oediehl

PostSubject: Re: GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times)   GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times) Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:02 pm

Since I can't seem to procure a baffle, are there any tweaks I could make to the mapping that would compensate?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times)   GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times) Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:15 pm

You could try setting the CO trim to +5 or more. Maybe even +10.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
oediehl
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
oediehl

PostSubject: Re: GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times)   GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times) Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:26 pm

Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times)   GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times) Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:36 pm

Measure the hole and have a look on ebay there are hundreds of dbkillers/baffles on there.
Back to top Go down
Ekimyrf
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Ekimyrf

PostSubject: Re: GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times)   GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times) Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:28 am

I can whip mine out and measure it if you want ...... oooerrr missus !
Back to top Go down
oediehl
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
oediehl

PostSubject: Re: GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times)   GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times) Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:10 am

Thanks, but it shouldn't be a big deal to measure the pipe
Back to top Go down
oediehl
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
oediehl

PostSubject: Re: GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times)   GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times) Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:23 am

Well, I raised the CO Trim from 0 to +10, and it may be running better now, but I can still get it to stumble. It's not bad, and I think it mostly happens when i'm going downhill with just a slight bit of throttle. Guess I'll keep playing around with it.
Back to top Go down
oediehl
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
oediehl

PostSubject: Re: GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times)   GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times) Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:24 pm

The ID of the angled Termi exhaust is 57 mm---I'm not finding a db killer for that ANYWHERE
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times)   GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times) Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:30 am

oediehl wrote:
The ID of the  angled Termi exhaust is 57 mm---I'm not finding a db killer for that ANYWHERE

They are available in the UK.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
oediehl
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
oediehl

PostSubject: Re: GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times)   GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times) Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:31 am

Thx, I just ordered one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times)   GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GuzziDiag (I know, you've seen this a thousand times)
Page 1 of 1