GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Millepercento GRiSO special

Go down 
+3
DungeonMaster
Pete Roper
pauldaytona
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

Millepercento GRiSO special Empty
PostSubject: Millepercento GRiSO special   Millepercento GRiSO special Icon_minitime1Thu May 22, 2014 12:04 pm

On their facebook page.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Millepercento GRiSO special   Millepercento GRiSO special Icon_minitime1Thu May 22, 2014 1:42 pm

Looks like they've used the single TB off the 1400. Perhaps they used the whole 1400 bottom end and stuck 1200 heads on it. That might be interesting I a 'Let's see if we can make a nice engine run like shit' sort of way.

Also like everything else that mob do its 'Fuck My Dog' ugly! IMHO they are in the same category as angle-grinding beardies in Hipster bike vids, just aiming for another, more lucrative, market segment.

YOMV

Pete
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: Millepercento GRiSO special   Millepercento GRiSO special Icon_minitime1Thu May 22, 2014 1:55 pm

pete you might remember they had the single TB earlier then the factory for the alba and BB1. With different ecu and the alba was very good to drive.
It's called scighera. If you look at this picture, not a GRiSO frame, maybe alba frame?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Millepercento GRiSO special   Millepercento GRiSO special Icon_minitime1Thu May 22, 2014 2:43 pm

I have to admit I'd forgotten that but I've never liked any of their stuff. I don't know if it is what they are trying to achieve but to me it seems they are trying to make ugly into an art form.

Pete
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Millepercento GRiSO special   Millepercento GRiSO special Icon_minitime1Thu May 22, 2014 8:22 pm

I showed my wife cuz I'm trying to "persuade" her that a gunfighter is a good idea.
I told her that it was ugly but it was a gunfighter.
She told me I was wrong - it was not ugly it was beautiful.

DM
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

PostSubject: Re: Millepercento GRiSO special   Millepercento GRiSO special Icon_minitime1Fri May 23, 2014 2:13 pm

DungeonMaster wrote:
I showed my wife cuz I'm trying to "persuade" her that a gunfighter is a good idea.
I told her that it was ugly but it was a gunfighter.
She told me I was wrong - it was not ugly it was beautiful.

DM

Welllll, if she likes the looks of her Gladius, that might explain that...  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Mr Griso
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Mr Griso

PostSubject: Re: Millepercento GRiSO special   Millepercento GRiSO special Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:14 am

It is said that "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder".
I just love the look of the bike and the frame design is interesting I think. 190 kilos (empty weight I presume?) is also a good thing. The Borrani Wheels goes well with the bike too........ The engine? I Like the titanium exhaust, both the routing and the visible welding of the collector tubes.

/Ron
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Millepercento GRiSO special   Millepercento GRiSO special Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:53 pm

Mr G, the true saying is, "Beauty is in the behind of the holder" Their taste is in their bum!

Finally somebody got it. Fitting a conventional rear wheel (as opposed to offset wheel).
Back to top Go down
Mr Griso
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Mr Griso

PostSubject: Re: Millepercento GRiSO special   Millepercento GRiSO special Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:48 am

ghezzi wrote:
Mr G, the true saying is, "Beauty is in the behind of the holder" Their taste is in their bum!

Finally somebody got it. Fitting a conventional rear wheel (as opposed to offset wheel).

Mr Ghezzi,
thank you for  correcting me on the saying, one can always trust an Austrian to set things straight  Laughing 

Group buy on the wheels anyone?

/Ron
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Millepercento GRiSO special   Millepercento GRiSO special Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:16 am

Mr GRiSO wrote:
ghezzi wrote:

Mr Ghezzi,
thank you for  correcting me on the saying, one can always trust an Austrian to set things straight  Laughing 

Group buy on the wheels anyone?
/Ron

Wait till you see my wheels.
Back to top Go down
Mr Griso
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Mr Griso

PostSubject: Re: Millepercento GRiSO special   Millepercento GRiSO special Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:25 am

Yes, I have read your posts on the CF wheels. Very interesting! Looking forward to more posts on the proceedings
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Millepercento GRiSO special   Millepercento GRiSO special Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:56 am

Millepercento BB1. Big Bore 1400 !

Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: Re: Millepercento GRiSO special   Millepercento GRiSO special Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:48 pm

Hi

I'm not sure I'm seeing the photos being talked about BUT as the GRiSO is my last bike and if I want a set of super light wheels and if Ghezzi has a set but it seems carbon fibre is "unobtainium" for a GRiSO because there is no wheel made for them, BUT occasionally you see a Barbican or other super $$$$ custom bike with carbon fibre wheels or Marchesini magnesium, with some special offset hub adapter.. I'm going a bit spare. Any advice on the following as I really don't know where to go from here. Maybe there are a few others interested in a group buy, but these like the belly cowl issue seem to die off, not through any failings of anyone but because no-doubt it is difficult to get things off the ground.

1. Carbon fibre wheels make a radical difference ..yes/no
2. On a CARC bike would expect less noticeable difference? Ghezzi could advise seat of the pants advise (no gloating!!) Is it still distinctly worth it ? Yes/No
3. Cost of PVM or other lightweight wheels is about $5K a set is the benefit worth it as opposed to Carbon wheels ? yes/No
4.Benefit = Improved handling and acceleration (after beetle map and decent mistral/matris suspension upgrade) to the extent that I'm not comparing Double-shot Lattes to Piccolo's, Machiatos whatever ..... but I'm experiencing a real benefit out there on the road.

Answers could just be "1. 2. 3. " Yes No or ?

Finally 5. Do GRiSO cast wheels (vs SE wire wheels) make any difference in performance. Y/N?

Cheers,

Moby
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Millepercento GRiSO special   Millepercento GRiSO special Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:10 am

1. Yes!!!
2. Yes!!!
3. Depends on the weight saving.
4. The light weight combined to the mass approaching to the barycentre improves the bend insertion and the agility in the flip flop considerably. Giuseppe Ghezzi.
5. I have no idea as I have a Bellagio with different wire wheels.

Using lighter front discs I achieved a front wheel weight reduction of 4.5kg. Riders of modern sports bikes fitting BST carbon wheels, saving a total of 1.5kg, rave about the improved cornering. I did this wheel first and it stumbled for the gutter like a drunk (in a good way).

I saved 4.3kg with the rear wheel and the bend insertion improved again. I will never go back.

Along with my suspension adjustments, the Bellagio now turns and handles like a Triumph 675R Street Triple.

The engineering mods for a BST rear wheel will cost about $5000. It would be worthwhile trying to purchase a finished carbon blank, without the alloy hubs glued and bolted on.

A front BST to suit a 916 Ducati to Monster 1100 should be a straight swap with the exception of the axle spacers.

A Bellagio test ride is only 960 km away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Millepercento GRiSO special   Millepercento GRiSO special Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Millepercento GRiSO special
Page 1 of 1