GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

HELP! Electrical? Gremlin LD04HZ dash display

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kmac33
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
kmac33

HELP! Electrical? Gremlin LD04HZ dash display Empty
PostSubject: HELP! Electrical? Gremlin LD04HZ dash display   HELP! Electrical? Gremlin LD04HZ dash display Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:19 pm

All,
I have searched high and low and have been unable to find a post that covers the issue I am having.
2007 GRiSO 1100. Potential pertinent Mods:GuzziTech ECU reflash, GuzziTech exhaust system, BMC filter, PC-V with Auto Tune, LED turn signals with resistors and LED headlight. All mods have been on the bike for some time without issue.
Put in new Battery Tender Lithium battery about 4 months ago. Will hook up Battery Tender Lithium specific charger at least every 3-4 weeks if bike isn't being ridden to maintain charge. Put the bike on the charger 2 days ago as I knew I would be riding the bike today (scheduled to be used in a music video shoot). Went to start the bike this morning and the battery was dead. Checked voltage with a meter and it was completely dead. Assumed I got a bad battery for it to die that quickly. Went and bought a new AGM battery. Once the new battery was installed, and I turned the ignition on, I got a small service wrench at the top of the dash with LD04HZ displayed across the dash. This message stays on the dash when the ignition is turned off and the key is removed. I cannot find this error code listed anywhere.
The bike will start and run (and runs as normal), but the dash no longer functions at all - other than displaying the error message. I have also lost the headlight (but the flash to pass still functions) and lost the turn signals. The horn still functions. Tail light and brake light are normal. I checked all fuses, and unless there are some hidden ones I don't know about, are fuses are intact.
Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks!
Kevin
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Electrical? Gremlin LD04HZ dash display   HELP! Electrical? Gremlin LD04HZ dash display Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:09 pm

Another member here had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago. I at first, from his description, thought that the issue was simply the dashboard re-boot code that appears when the battery is reconnected and the dash starts up. That occurs before the dash goes through its 'Sweep' with the key off.

In this case though it turned out not to be that. The LD04HZ code remained and in the end he replaced the dashboard. An expensive and tedious experience. The only thing that I think I remember that might be relevant, although I don't know why? Was that I seem to remember that he too had been using and then had problems with a lithium battery prior to the dash going tits.

Having all the GT junk on it won't be helping it but I don't think that it is likely to be relevant to the dash going on holiday.

bikeseamus likes this post

Back to top Go down
kmac33
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
kmac33

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Electrical? Gremlin LD04HZ dash display   HELP! Electrical? Gremlin LD04HZ dash display Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:02 am

The issue has been resolved. I cleaned all electrical contacts/connections as that was suggested as a solution on another forum. That did not initially fix it. I unplugged the dash connection and then plugged it back in with the ignition powered on and that got the dash to reset. All is working as expected now.

motor-timothy likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Electrical? Gremlin LD04HZ dash display   HELP! Electrical? Gremlin LD04HZ dash display Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:29 am

Gladit is going again

good to know the cure as well thank you Kmac33

bikeseamus and Yahu like this post

Back to top Go down
dlpannebakker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
dlpannebakker

PostSubject: GRiSO dash’s in plane words, suck. They should have been a factory recall. My 06 GRiSO has everything upgraded with AGM & LED. Removed the factory air box put on separate Green Filters air filters. The stepper motor is another problem issue easy fix.    HELP! Electrical? Gremlin LD04HZ dash display Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:25 pm

kmac33 wrote:
All,
I have searched high and low and have been unable to find a post that covers the issue I am having.
2007 GRiSO 1100. Potential pertinent Mods:GuzziTech ECU reflash, GuzziTech exhaust system, BMC filter, PC-V with Auto Tune, LED turn signals with resistors and LED headlight. All mods have been on the bike for some time without issue.
Put in new Battery Tender Lithium battery about 4 months ago. Will hook up Battery Tender Lithium specific charger at least every 3-4 weeks if bike isn't being ridden to maintain charge. Put the bike on the charger 2 days ago as I knew I would be riding the bike today (scheduled to be used in a music video shoot). Went to start the bike this morning and the battery was dead. Checked voltage with a meter and it was completely dead. Assumed I got a bad battery for it to die that quickly. Went and bought a new AGM battery. Once the new battery was installed, and I turned the ignition on, I got a small service wrench at the top of the dash with LD04HZ displayed across the dash. This message stays on the dash when the ignition is turned off and the key is removed. I cannot find this error code listed anywhere.
The bike will start and run (and runs as normal), but the dash no longer functions at all - other than displaying the error message. I have also lost the headlight (but the flash to pass still functions) and lost the turn signals. The horn still functions. Tail light and brake light are normal. I checked all fuses, and unless there are some hidden ones I don't know about, are fuses are intact.
Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks!
Kevin

bikeseamus likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Electrical? Gremlin LD04HZ dash display   HELP! Electrical? Gremlin LD04HZ dash display Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

HELP! Electrical? Gremlin LD04HZ dash display
Page 1 of 1