GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

what disc pads recommended for new Aprillia discs on GRiSO 1200 SE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

what disc pads recommended for new Aprillia discs on GRiSO 1200 SE Empty
PostSubject: what disc pads recommended for new Aprillia discs on GRiSO 1200 SE   what disc pads recommended for new Aprillia discs on GRiSO 1200 SE Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:39 am

HI I'm soon getting a set of the Aprillia discs fitted to the front of my GRiSO 1200SE.

I want to get a new set of pads.

I replaced original pads at 1500 KM with EBC green ones but find I there is no real "feel" to the brakes. I recently washed out the front end and had no idea of the impending lock-up. Ego plus self bruised.

Anyone got suggestions? Not racing and mostly city riding and when in country riding tend to brake hard but not to the 9/10 degree.

When I get my Matris suspension, LCL clip-ons and Gifrap "rearsets" fitted I'll post some images. Maybe also suggested Osteopath exercises!

Sun and steel.

Moby

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: what disc pads recommended for new Aprillia discs on GRiSO 1200 SE   what disc pads recommended for new Aprillia discs on GRiSO 1200 SE Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:25 am

I find the FA244HH pads give me bags of feel?
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: what disc pads recommended for new Aprillia discs on GRiSO 1200 SE   what disc pads recommended for new Aprillia discs on GRiSO 1200 SE Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:46 am

EBC FA244 HHH are the way to go. I have just replaced my Brembo pads with them and the difference is noticeable. Not only does the bike stop better but the wear rate on the discs is more even reducing pulsing/disc replacement  in the long term.

Last edited by davem on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: what disc pads recommended for new Aprillia discs on GRiSO 1200 SE   what disc pads recommended for new Aprillia discs on GRiSO 1200 SE Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:46 pm

davem wrote:
EBC FA244 HHH are the way to go. I have just replaced my Bembo pads with them and the difference is noticeable. Not only does the bike stop better but the wear rate on the discs is more even reducing pulsing/disc replacement  in the long term.
I have bought a few EBC products and highly recommend them. As Dave says the FA 244 HH are a good upgrade on the standard supplied pads.
If you want even better stopping power and 2 finger braking go to the EBC EPFA 244 HH. These are street legal.
For phenomenal Braking ( track use only ) go to the top shelf EBC GPFAX 244 HH. These have the highest friction rating, but will wear the discs at an accelerated rate - it's a trade off.
Back to top Go down
2cylinderguy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
2cylinderguy

PostSubject: Re: what disc pads recommended for new Aprillia discs on GRiSO 1200 SE   what disc pads recommended for new Aprillia discs on GRiSO 1200 SE Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:04 pm

I’m a bit late to the party here but a few weeks back I chucked out the the utterly appalling standard Brembo FF pads and in with my favourite EBC HH. I should have changed these months back. The crappy brakes have contributed to my dodgy wrist. This is the first bike (other than Harley) that I have ever had to utilise the back ‘and’ front brakes in order to stand any chance of an efficient stopping distance. I took the 12 year old BMW R1200S out a while back and only have to brush the lever to scrub off speed. I can’t believe that they are allowed out of the factory like this. It comes with modern radial Calipers and I have to grab the lever as though it was forty year old fizzy! The EBC’s have literally transformed the bike and I am no longer ruining my wrist.

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what disc pads recommended for new Aprillia discs on GRiSO 1200 SE   what disc pads recommended for new Aprillia discs on GRiSO 1200 SE Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

what disc pads recommended for new Aprillia discs on GRiSO 1200 SE
Page 1 of 1