GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO 11 Running hot after resto.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cse
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
cse

GRiSO 11 Running hot after resto. Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO 11 Running hot after resto.   GRiSO 11 Running hot after resto. Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:56 pm

Hi all,

My 2006 G11 started running hot after a complete restoration due to a crash.

Started noticing more heat coming from the engine and even more heat than normal in traffic situations. Then the service warning in the dash with the error 21 in the diag showed up.

Nothing of particular was made in the fuel system, only thing done on the engine was a removal of the throttle bodies in order to clean up and polish the inside, a weight removal operation done to the clutch and flywheel, and a new fuel filter and hoses. The engine was re-painted as it was the rest of the chassis and wheels etc.

I removed the spark plugs and they are white instead of the usual dark brown/black colour that they usually have. The bike has now 50.000Km since new, has allways been mine and the restoration was made 2.500Km ago.

As all the work was made by me, myself and I, my questions are:

• Could the throttle bodies be out of sync and, would that cause the engine to overheat?
  • Could be the TPS not being correctly set be the cause?
  • What other issues could cause it?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All opinions apreciated.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 11 Running hot after resto.   GRiSO 11 Running hot after resto. Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:41 am

Code 21 is lambda sensor. Is it unplugged or broken?
Back to top Go down
cse
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
cse

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 11 Running hot after resto.   GRiSO 11 Running hot after resto. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:11 am

Yes I am aware that the code 21 is the lambda sensor and the sensor is well connected (checked it trice) and working well. That error had appeared some time ago when I had the Rapid bike system installed, but I removed the system and that error stopped, untill now.

I have noticed that that code 21 shows up only when I am cruisin in constant low throttle at about 60 km/h, and only then. After stopping, turning off the key and restarting, the warning sign dissapears and as long as I dont do that constant throttle position it won´t appear again.

That is what makes me think that there must be something wrong with the fuel feeding at those conditions (low throttle). Situation that the EFI should compensate.

What could be the cause?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 11 Running hot after resto.   GRiSO 11 Running hot after resto. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO 11 Running hot after resto.
Page 1 of 1