GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains

Go down 
+6
GHTE
Bill Hagan
Richard
cognosticator
wyno
zebraranger
10 posters
AuthorMessage
zebraranger
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
zebraranger

GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains   GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:06 pm

This time I went with a couple of Harley Riding buddies. Mike on his Dyna Lowrider and Dave on his Heritage Softail. I was riding my GRiSO 1200. the GRiSO loved the spirited riding in the up & down twisties of those mountain roads and handled it well. Once there, the temps at night were between the upper 20's to low 30's. It was pretty nice during the days with most days in the upper 50's and one day it even hit the low 60's, great riding weather during the days with rain only on the last day. The only complaint that I had was the buzz in the grips that became more prevalent as the hours rolled by. I'll have to do something about it, after about 4 hours of continuous riding, it would start to bother my throttle hand, throttle lock would have helped a lot.

We rented a cabin at Black Rock Mountain on the North Carolina/Georgia border, spent the days riding into North Carolina and the Smoky Mountains (Bryson City, Franklin, Wayah RD and the Nantahala National Forest, as well as a few other locations). Didn't do the Dragon this time, did it plenty of times on previous trips, this time I explored different roads and found some pretty nice ones. The nights we spent at the Cabin with a roaring campfire and some blood warming spirits. We cooked Brats and burgers the first night, the other nights we grilled ribs and steaks, the last night there we ate out at a local restaurant. As usual, I was the camera man on the rides with my JVC Adixxion camera mounted on the right side of my helmet, Mike got in some shots with his cell phone. I thought I'd share the video that I did of the trip.

Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains   GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:49 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains   GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:00 pm

Excellent!
And nobody crashed so hopefully the bad gu gu's have left this forum.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains   GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:42 pm

Great riding area, looks like y'all had a great trip.
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains   GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:13 am

cheers nice trip
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains   GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:07 am

I approve. cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains   GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:14 am

Thank you for sharing , looks like a great ride with good mates.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains   GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:48 pm

Great video, Rick, right up until the 6:17 mark. Razz

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains   GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:46 pm

weather looks great for the time of year, always nice to get away.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains   GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:46 am

I found the road going to Black Rock Mtn a bit narrow, specially if you meet a car! Real nice area.
Back to top Go down
zebraranger
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
zebraranger

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains   GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:19 pm

Thanks all, it was a great time and some very much needed saddle time as well. Being self employed, I don't get to get away on road trips as often as I use to.

Street wrote:
Great video, Rick, right up until the 6:17 mark. Razz

That's pretty funny, that's exactly how one of my riding buds felt about that 6:17 mark.

Quote :
I found the road going to Black Rock Mtn a bit narrow, specially if you meet a car! Real nice area.

Agreed, a pickup truck and a bike can barely pass each other on that road without the handlebars scraping the truck.
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains   GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:20 pm

As Butler Maps stated after they'd released quite a lot ( mostly western) state maps & finally the Southern Appalachians Map "the best riding in the US." Those of us who have ridden the 800x300 miles of Appalachian twisty, connected tree lined roads along rivers, creeks & streams have known it all along.
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains   GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:21 pm

As Butler Maps stated after they'd released quite a lot ( mostly western) state maps & finally the Southern Appalachians Map "the best riding in the US." Those of us who have ridden the 800x300 miles of Appalachian twisty, connected tree lined roads along rivers, creeks & streams have known it all along.
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains   GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:44 pm

Oops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains   GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO 4 days of Riding The Smoky Mountains
Page 1 of 1