GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Here's an easy one

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Here's an easy one Empty
PostSubject: Here's an easy one   Here's an easy one Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:45 pm

A quick question for a wanna be wrench who has a habit of over torquing hex screws.

The horn cover on my wing previously mounted with a hex screw and formerly a rubber mounted sleeve.  When I look at the parts catalog  it shows this as a self tapper. Or is No. 3 is what I'm looking for?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All of this is the Ghetto's fault by the way! I took the wings off in an attempt to upgrade the horns based on another thread here. I found a pair that fit perfectly but one arrived DOA.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Here's an easy one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's an easy one   Here's an easy one Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:00 pm

The well nut, (The rubber sleeve part.) fits into the frame. The screw is just one of the odd button head 5mm screws that hold on most of the bodywork. The well nut is just a press fit and relies on friction between it and the frame basically to enable you to do up the screw not very tightly.

Well nuts of this type are readily available, at least in Oz, at most fastener shops. They're nothing special.

The picture is deceiving as the well nut is in the wrong place.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Here's an easy one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's an easy one   Here's an easy one Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:00 pm

The 'horn cover' attaches to the 'wing' via self-tappers. The 'horn cover - wing' assembly attaches via the rubber doo-hickey #3.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

Here's an easy one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's an easy one   Here's an easy one Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:19 pm

Doo-Hickey #3 GU93231605
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Here's an easy one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's an easy one   Here's an easy one Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:08 pm

Do Hickey it is! That makes sense because the lower screw mounts to the bar that sticks out, but the diagram had me confused.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Here's an easy one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's an easy one   Here's an easy one Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:36 pm

Dilliw wrote:
Do Hickey it is!  That makes sense because the lower screw mounts to the bar that sticks out, but the diagram had me confused.

Thanks!

Use a good Anti-seize on the threads and you'll never have a problem removing said screws Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Here's an easy one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's an easy one   Here's an easy one Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:59 pm

waterbottle wrote:
Dilliw wrote:
Do Hickey it is!  That makes sense because the lower screw mounts to the bar that sticks out, but the diagram had me confused.

Thanks!

Use a good Anti-seize on the threads and you'll never have a problem removing said screws Thumbs Up

I will! They were are grand total of $3.50 each so I ordered an extra plus some other goodies. AF1 will send us yanks small parts for $2.95 shipping and they were out the door about an hour after I placed the order online. Sure beats a 3 hour ride to visit the dealer!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Here's an easy one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's an easy one   Here's an easy one Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Here's an easy one
Page 1 of 1