GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Clutch problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Paggers
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Paggers

Clutch problem Empty
PostSubject: Clutch problem   Clutch problem Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:38 am

Got a clutch problem. If I sit with the clutch lever pulled in for a while, say 1 minute, the clutch will slowly re engage.  To me this says master cylinder seals leaking. Thoughts?  There's no sign of fluid anywhere.
So assuming I need a new master cylinder, I will replace the brake one as well. What is th bore of clutch and brake master cylinders?
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Clutch problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch problem   Clutch problem Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:50 am

Can't answer the bore question BUT I still have the OEM 1200 GRiSO brake & clutch mastercylinders assuming they are same units as 1100 (they were both working fine when I replaced them with RCS16/RCS19 units). You can buy OEM equivalents quite cheap also and likely you can get repair seal kits.......but happy to give you the old oem ones FOC in case that helps even if it's just to practice on ??
Back to top Go down
Paggers
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Paggers

Clutch problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch problem   Clutch problem Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:30 am

Thanks for the offer Paul, I will keep it in mind. I was looking at replacements on eBay which seem to come in 12.7 & 14mms bores, hence the question.
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

Clutch problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch problem   Clutch problem Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:45 am

Brembo are a bit funny about selling seal kits for road going vehicles.
Aftermarket or a compatible kit from an off-road equivalent may be available.
Complete new units from MG are quite pricey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clutch problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch problem   Clutch problem Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Clutch problem
Page 1 of 1