GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver

Go down 
+4
bahamazoo
Dave Swanson
wyno
Bishop
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bishop
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bishop

New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Empty
PostSubject: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Fri May 31, 2019 5:38 pm

Hi guys and gals,

Back in 2007 visiting my local Triumph/Guzzi/Ducati dealership I stumbled upon a large rotating display, spot lights strategically hitting a new bike I had no previous knowledge of- a Red GRiSO. Absolutely unique and stunning. I started researching and came across the magazine ad that sums it up for me- The low key shot of a black GRiSO draped with a guy wearing jammies and a smile.

Certainly couldn't afford one then but as luck would have in 2009 E-Bay had a red 2007 GRiSO pop-up for auction. I had just sold a 2000 Thunderbird. The GRiSO, located only 3 hours from Denver up in Aspen.  I and several others didn't meet the gentleman's reserve but It was such a well put together ad (lots of details, friendly attitude) I felt compelled to contact the owner. As he was selling the GRiSO to pay for a used Speed Triple that he was flying out in two weeks to ride home- he met me in the middle of my E-Bay offer and his reserve.  I scored my dream bike.

2017 I made a bit of mistake and sold the GRiSO. I hadn't kept up with news and only found out a few months later that they were being discontinued. ARRRRRG!

Three weeks ago I sold a second car and decided I had to have the dream bike back. This time though I'd go for a new one. Found one at GP Cycles and closed the deal three days ago. As soon as money flies from my Credit Union to San Diego they're going to crate it up and I should see it in 3-4 weeks.

Last night it occurred to me I've never seen a 1200 GRiSO in the flesh. I've seen a few 1100's riding around Denver over the years but never a "modern" 1200.
Doesn't bother me at all. You got to buy your dream bike with your heart and not your head. Sorry about that BMW R-Nine T.

Cheers!

Last edited by Bishop on Fri May 31, 2019 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Fri May 31, 2019 5:45 pm

You'll love it. It pulls like a train from 5 grand. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Fri May 31, 2019 8:01 pm

Congratulations. A Mistral high pipe and a Beetle map will elevate a great bike to pure bliss! Along with a proper tune.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bishop
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bishop

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Fri May 31, 2019 8:30 pm

OH! Pretty!
My thoughts exactly. As a follower of Mr Roper for many years the high pipe Mistral is exactly what I need/want . My 2007 had the Staintune. Though with a brand new "warranty bike" I might need to hold off on maps.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:31 am

warranty... jeez, I voided that within days Razz Razz Razz

thank The Goddess behind the counter at Mandelo that I never needed it..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:54 am

That is one of the reasons to save the factory map to your computer.
Back to top Go down
Bishop
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bishop

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:04 am

I'm hopeful my bike (unfortunately Black/Silver and not Dave's wonderful Black/Red) is a "Wednesday morning" kind of bike.

Middle of the week, right after a few shots of espresso, where Luigi and friends are focused and maybe a bit nostalgic about putting GRiSO's together. They decide- "Hey letsa maka this one really good! No more scratched stufff, letsa use the parts from the gooda box!". And hey Franco! no be stingy with the CARC grease this time!!
Back to top Go down
Cagefree
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Cagefree

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:16 pm

I think I got GP's last red one in Feb, and it looks like you got the last one they had. Lots of bike for little money.
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:34 pm

I just sneaked a peak at the price on the GP website.  You did very well!  I bet the black and white will grow on you quickly!

My local dealer just sent an email out that they just dropped the price on their NOS 2017 GRiSO.  The were quite proud of lowering it from 13,990 to 13,190.
Back to top Go down
Merl3noir
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Merl3noir

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:37 pm

Yours might be sharing a ride with mine. It's suppose to be arriving in a couple weeks from Vegas. Had to pull the trigger as I really wanted a Red/Black one and only could find 2 anywhere. As it was, I think I was lucky to get mine as the salesman said someone had purchased it, but called me back an hour later saying the deal had not gone through so it was in fact available. Having read lots of posts on here about suspension setup and Mapping and exhausts I'm not entirely sure what if anything I'll be doing. I'm sure I will need to do suspension as it suonds like I come in right at the upper limit for the stock spring. I know hate the stock muffler, but as I don't really want it real loud, although some you tube videos sure make some setup sound way better than stock. Mostly I want an exhaust that is low short and does not block view of the rear wheel.
Back to top Go down
Bishop
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bishop

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:56 pm

I think I might post a story on how I bought the GRiSO. My local dealer here in Denver told me he may have been able to bring one in but it would go for the 2017 retail which is approx $13K.

He passed on the info that a year or so ago there was an auction of the remaining Grisos and certain dealers bought in bulk. He "did not participate".

I contacted three dealers, the biggest one Euro Bikes- branches all around the country, the one in Vegas acted as the main shipment dealer. They had a red one that I wanted but they lost my info and generally dropped the ball on providing me with a buyers order.

So with the recommendation from my local dealer, went with his friend the owner of GP Cycles in San Diego. $9,600 to my door. Silly cheap for what the bike is and what it will become when the "new" lot drys up.

Back to top Go down
Merl3noir
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Merl3noir

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:49 pm

it's been a long agonizing wait for me. First saw the early 850 they sold in the US. I was more interested in the SE but it was not available in the US back then. Once the US market finally got the SE I was determined to get one. Sat on a few, at various dealerships, and talked a dealer into letting me ride it around his parking lot, but since I was not in a position to buy one most did not want to waste time with me. Sadly until a couple years ago I was fearful I'd never get one, but the stars seamed to have aligned in my favor the last year or so. I would not have gone with Eurocycle other than the real low price, and I could not find but 1 other Red/Black. They certainly have been bad at communicating, I had to keep calling and asking about everything. Pretty sure they often told me what I wanted to hear. Like a week before I got an e-mail from the shipping company they told me everything was ready and the shipping company would pick up the bike any day. Once I got the papers a week later, it showed a pick up window of 1 week starting that same day. Still now that I know it's actually shipping, I feel a lot more relaxed. Taxes and shipping I paid slightly over $10k, and since they had to do NY registration before shipping I should be good to ride as soon as it gets off the truck. A little conflicting info on VIN, but the person I spoke to who does this for Eurocycle said I should not have to do anything, that NY is the easiest one she has had to do yet. That's a real shocker to hear. But since NY does not really do temp stickers, they want you to drive away with plates and registration finalized I guess it could be true.
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:05 pm

Merl3noir wrote:
I know hate the stock muffler, but as I don't really want it real loud, although some you tube videos sure make some setup sound way better than stock. Mostly I want an exhaust that is low short and does not block view of the rear wheel.

I can attest that the Mistral high pipe with the db killer left IN is not loud at all. It isn't much louder than the stock pipe. And as Pete and Mark say, the Mistral high pipe with db killer in is the most refined of all the maps, because that is the combo on their personal bikes.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:13 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Bishop and congrats on the new GRiSO. I had a red 2007 for 50k miles before getting my 2013 Diavolo Nero which I love even more. It's all a matter of personal taste - I like the silver and gray paint scheme. And I had a Mistral high pipe on the 1100, but I love the stock can on the 1200 SE and I'm keepin' it!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Bishop
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bishop

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:35 pm

Thank you Pete!

The stock can shown from your photo angle is sort of an attractive design. The openings and the double tube.  From the side though it stands out and lets say it's not exactly svelt.

I'm wondering if making it black so it recedes a bit might help? I once covered a beat up silver Yoshimura with some high temp 3M carbon fiber laminate, It's still holding up after 3 years and I have some left...hummmm...Photoshop first.

Last edited by Bishop on Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bishop
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bishop

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:44 pm

Yep- looks a bit better?
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:55 pm

Probably preaching to the choir here, but please make sure to look it over thoroughly upon arrival as Eurocycle is a clown act. I evacuated over a quart of oil from mine just to get the level to the full mark, and subsequently have a consistent small oil leak from the back of the engine. That said, I feel the bike is more than worth the hassle of dealing with them, along with any teething niggles!

As stated, they run PHENOMENAL with the Mistral hi-pipe and beetle's map. I'm currently running the pipe sans insert (with the respective map), and I honestly don't find the exhaust to be very loud, compared to your typical "loud pipe" cruiser, at least. However, as mentioned, the bike will be quieter, and with more low-end grunt if you leave the insert in place.

The red scheme is nice, though silver looks equally fantastic, even if less initially eye-catching. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:04 pm

Bishop wrote:

Yep- looks a bit better?

Looks good, if that's your pleasure, go for it!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver   New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New GRiSO on its way from San Deigo Here to Denver
Page 1 of 1