GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

My Nightmare P0505 Issue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mikecanz
Carlotto
Carlotto
mikecanz

My Nightmare P0505 Issue Empty
PostSubject: My Nightmare P0505 Issue   My Nightmare P0505 Issue Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:04 pm

Okay, so Piaggio group sent my dealer a brand new motor. Because my bike is currently sitting with the wheels off i did the work myself.
Plugged it in and right away shes buzzing, which is more than I can say for the previous one.
I took a few images with GuzziDiag to show the PIDs at idle and with key off. "Controller" never changes and neither does "Base"

Taking resistance values from the corresponding PINs on my ECM to ground (ECM removed - ground on the shell) I had 3.1K to all pins except PIN 17 which would be PIN A for the idle control circuit. Now the dealer wants to throw an ECU my way.

And if you havent read my previous post all four wires have less than 0.3 ohms (no opens/shorts)

I still think something ain't right here - unless it misfired so bad that it burned up part of the circuit board in the ECU.
Really Guzzi, Really?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by mikecanz on Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mikecanz
Carlotto
Carlotto
mikecanz

PostSubject: Re: My Nightmare P0505 Issue   My Nightmare P0505 Issue Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:30 pm

If someone could offer me screenshots of their GRiSO at idle and key on so I can compare that would be brilliant.

I think i could use a firmware re-flash. If someone has an old .BIN they can give me that would be fantastic.
Really doesn't make sense that I have a no signal code coming up when the ECU is able to control the motor.

Please and thanks
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: My Nightmare P0505 Issue   My Nightmare P0505 Issue Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:17 pm

I can do it later today.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
mikecanz
Carlotto
Carlotto
mikecanz

PostSubject: Re: My Nightmare P0505 Issue   My Nightmare P0505 Issue Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:08 pm

It's alright, Dave already sent me a stock file. The upload still didn't work - Looks like I will just have to wait for the ECU to come in from Piaggio.
I'm just hoping they have one in stock down in cali.
Since the wirings been tested with vigor; im sure the ECU will fix it.
Well, I hope anyway.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: My Nightmare P0505 Issue   My Nightmare P0505 Issue Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:28 pm

Do you want me to send you one to try? Just let me know if you've changed anything from stock. If it works then you can pursue getting another one.

Pete
Back to top Go down
mikecanz
Carlotto
Carlotto
mikecanz

PostSubject: Re: My Nightmare P0505 Issue   My Nightmare P0505 Issue Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:45 pm

Unless you want to do a resistance test from PIN 9,17,18,19 to ground with the ECU disconnected, there isn't much I can do anyways. No parts to replace. It's not a firmware issue, It's not a stepper motor issue, It's not a wiring issue so all that is left is an internal ECU issue which blows me away.
I sent the videos of all the proper test procedures Piaggio instructs you to do directly to their head office in California. They were going to send me(my dealership) an ECU and Stepper motor but, after reviewing my videos they determined the ECU was okay. So, at least I can feel comfortable in knowing that even the technical director has his misconceptions on this.
As an easy fix for fault finding this code, I feel like they should have sense circuits within the ECU to distinguish if the fault is HIGH or LOW. At least if we had that information being able to distinguish the fault would be a bit easier.
Well, whatever - I'll find out Tuesday when I'll receive my ECU. Then once it's done I'll complete the write-up so hopefully, no one goes through this BS.

I'm just thankful Mike at the dealer I bought it from has been an enormous help, and so have you guys.

Cheers guys, and thanks again for the help!
Back to top Go down
mikecanz
Carlotto
Carlotto
mikecanz

PostSubject: Re: My Nightmare P0505 Issue   My Nightmare P0505 Issue Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:15 pm

UPDATE: In case any of youse guys are wondering if this has been fixed yet. It has not

Guzzi has refused to send an ECU for test purposes and/or replacement purposes which I can almost understand.
During an e-mail exchange between the lead tech director in Cali and some shop somewhere, I learned that the P0505 code can set just from running condition alone.

SO! taking a look at my new stepper motor and seeing that it was turned all the way out. I connected to it and lifted it with my OTC iac testing device. I plugged it back in and slowly but surely the ECM commanded the motor to wind out. Now, upon learning the P0505 can set from running conditions. I took a look at the LAMBDA.

Im locked in at 200mV or less. So I attached a silly scope to it and it showed me those exact readings. I replace the oxygen sensor with a new ntk and found a connector I could use and the new sensor is also giving me the same readings!

So I attach a wideband O2 sensor from AEM and im running pig rich like 10.5:1 at idle. So there ain't no lean issues happening. But the PCM certainly thinks there is.

My idea is that the o2 sensor false readings are causing the PCM to drive down the stepper motor in hopes of reducing the amount of air entering the engine. But im seriously grasping at straws right now. I told the dealer just to come and pick it up and keep it for as long as you want since now is the slow season for bike shops here.

Here is a video of it:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There's no chance someone else has come across this issue yet have they? lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Nightmare P0505 Issue   My Nightmare P0505 Issue Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

My Nightmare P0505 Issue
Page 1 of 1