GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

lifting a GRiSO

Go down 
+6
Street
Bill Hagan
GuzziSteve
wardest
zebraranger
wrrhen
10 posters
AuthorMessage
wrrhen
Carlotto
Carlotto
wrrhen

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:48 pm

I got a pit stand/lift whatever you call it. It look like the MG approved one. The problem is it interferes with the exhaust and it is a stock exhaust. Am I supposed to remove the exhaust where the two pipes go into one?
Back to top Go down
zebraranger
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
zebraranger

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:12 pm

I have one and if its the Becker-Technik GRiSO Lift you shouldn't have to remove anything, its designed specifically for the GRiSO.
Here's the video.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:25 pm

wrrhen wrote:
I got a pit stand/lift whatever you call it. It look like the MG approved one. The problem is it interferes with the exhaust and it is a stock exhaust. Am I supposed to remove the exhaust where the two pipes go into one?

I had the same issue with my MG lifting stand for my GRiSO (Also stock exhaust)
I moved the lifting bobbins to the other spot on the and the stand no longer hits the U bend in the exhaust pipe.

Back to top Go down
wrrhen
Carlotto
Carlotto
wrrhen

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:05 am

wardest wrote:
[

I had the same issue with my MG lifting stand for my GRiSO (Also stock exhaust)
I moved the lifting bobbins to the other spot on the and the stand no longer hits the U bend in the exhaust pipe.

What bobbins? I ain't got no stinkin bobbins. Where can I buy ones that will work on the GRiSO?
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:32 am

Cycle Gear stores or almost any Jap bike shop, 8mm bolt for mount usually.
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:54 pm

Re Bobbins.

My MG lifter came with bolts and (bobbins) adapters to fit the bike lift.

See pics[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
wrrhen
Carlotto
Carlotto
wrrhen

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:23 pm

wardest wrote:
Re Bobbins.

My MG lifter came with bolts and (bobbins) adapters to fit the bike lift.

See pics[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks for the pictures
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:36 am

^^^^^

Same set up I have.

Let us know how yours works out.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:55 pm

That's a little different from the Becker-Technik lifter, isn't it? What make is it? Got a link?

Pete

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:30 am

Street wrote:
That's a little different from the Becker-Technik lifter, isn't it? What make is it? Got a link?

Pete

Gday Pete

The lifter in the pictures comes from Moto Guzzi.
Fairly sure it was an option from the dealer, or the dealer had them available.

Regards
Mick
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:12 am

I have the Becker one. It comes with no bobbins because they are embedded in the lifter. My opinion is that the MG design is much more efficient because the positioning of the Becker is not easy and random.

Of course the video does not show the problem and it looks easy to manipulate but it is not the case.

I wouldn’t recommend the Becker’s.

Back to top Go down
wrrhen
Carlotto
Carlotto
wrrhen

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:42 am

wardest wrote:
Street wrote:

Pete

Gday Pete

The lifter in the pictures comes from Moto Guzzi.  
Fairly sure it was an option from the dealer, or the dealer had them available.

Regards
Mick
There is apparently a couple of different models that look the same. Mine I bought used on e-bay and it was advertised as a GRiSO stand yet the width of it comes directly in the center of the pork chops. Won't fit inside or outside. So I guess my solution will be mount some bobbins outside the pork chops and cut and widen the stand to fit. My Pit Bull stand for my stornello is VERY difficult to lift a V& with and obviously they're much lighter than a GRiSO
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:34 am

I have inserted bobbins on the pillion footrests, and have an enlarged stand which lifts the rear wheel. Another stand inserts into the steering head to lift the front.

But I hardly use this system on the GRiSO. I much prefer to place the bike into a front stand against a wall, and then use a small jack under the rear shock. Strops are extended from the ceiling as a safety measure.
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:20 pm

Richard wrote:
I have the Becker one. It comes with no bobbins because they are embedded in the lifter. My opinion is that the MG design is much more efficient because the positioning of the Becker is not easy and random.

Of course the video does not show the problem and it looks easy to manipulate but it is not the case.

I wouldn’t recommend the Becker’s.

I own and enjoy having the Becker. One nice thing is that it is very compact to store (though you need a separate pipe for a handle).

Though I agree it is fiddly to put on the bike, the bother isn't enough to make me wish I had the MG item.

Moto
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:23 pm

Interesting discussion. My preferred method of lifting, I've shared (bragged) with you before (see below), but I was thinking that one of these compact lifters might serve well as a center stand for those long stretches when the GRiSO isn't being ridden enough because Esther and Jellybean want to go everywhere in the sidecar. What's a mother to do?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
wrrhen
Carlotto
Carlotto
wrrhen

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:25 pm

Street wrote:
Interesting discussion. My preferred method of lifting, I've shared (bragged) with you before (see below), but I was thinking that one of these compact lifters might serve well as a center stand for those long stretches when the GRiSO isn't being ridden enough because Esther and Jellybean want to go everywhere in the sidecar. What's a mother to do?

Well if it's like my house Jellybean gets first choice, Ester next and then the GRiSO may sit another week Smile
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:29 pm

Ain't that the truth!

Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:59 pm

wrrhen wrote:
Street wrote:

Well if it's like my house Jellybean gets first choice, Ester next and then the GRiSO may sit another week Smile

On another subject ... I need a faring just like that. Where can I buy one ?
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:23 pm

That's a Givi A770 - Unfortunately, NLA.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

lifting a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: lifting a GRiSO   lifting a GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

lifting a GRiSO
Page 1 of 1