12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Misfire on right cylinder.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jason Bailey
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Jason Bailey

Misfire on right cylinder.  Empty
PostSubject: Misfire on right cylinder.    Misfire on right cylinder.  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:09 am

I tried to search for all similar issues, but could not come up with anything. I have a 15 GRiSO 8v, Mistral pipe, Beetle map. I picked the bike up recently. The right bank is misfiring intermittently, mostly at lower rpms.

I've checked;

1. all fuses

2. caps, boots, wires and coils (all are after market)

3. changed plugs (right one was dark)

4 I tried to connect the computer with the diagnostic program, but it did not connect. The dealer ran into the same issue.

I need to check the valves, but I haven't had time.

Has anyone ran into this connection issue. the bike runs and feels strong at higher rpms. There was a thread about a dead bank, but I couldn't find a connection or a fix .

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Jason Bailey on Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Misfire on right cylinder.    Misfire on right cylinder.  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:15 pm

Do a search on "Spark Plug Leads" on this forum. Lots of stuff to digest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guzzigander.com
Jason Bailey
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Jason Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Misfire on right cylinder.    Misfire on right cylinder.  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:27 pm

I read most of them. The first thing I checked was wires and boots. Switched sides, to be sure. The problem didn't follow the wire. they seem to be fine. I'm picking up a tester for the coil, they are pretty new, sub 1000 miles.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Misfire on right cylinder.    Misfire on right cylinder.  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:34 pm

Stick a strobe on the HT leads. That will rule out spark if it isn't just arcing. Are the clips that retain the injector plugs present?
Back to top Go down
Jason Bailey
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Jason Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Misfire on right cylinder.    Misfire on right cylinder.  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:41 pm

I'm grabbing a strobe today. I don't have one. I will take a closer look at the injector when I get home. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Misfire on right cylinder.    Misfire on right cylinder.  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:44 pm

Swapping the HT coils over may pin point if it's a coil problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guzzigander.com
Jason Bailey
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Jason Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Misfire on right cylinder.    Misfire on right cylinder.  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:57 pm

I did swap wires, at the dealer. It would be hard to pinpoint at home. The PC connector isn't working. I need to rewire maybe? I get nothing to the dio program.
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Misfire on right cylinder.    Misfire on right cylinder.  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:19 pm

Do a quick check of the plug leads and connections with your multimeter
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
If you pull off the plug caps the resistance from plug cap to chassis should be the same on both sides, I would guess about 8kOhms, anyway the same on both sides.
This tests the plug cap, leads and coil in one go.
Note:
     I'm assuming this bike only has one plug per cylinder as per the schematic, if its 2 plugs per cylinder you will need to measure Ohms from inner to outer plug cap instead

If you find one side open it probably has that nasty carbon core lead, it sometimes arcs and burns it's way up the cable, a quick fix is poke a strand of wire or a sewing pin up the cable to bridge the gap.

You can also check the leads one component at the time i.e from cap to lead about 5K, lead 5k, coil 3k
Back to top Go down
Griso Von
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Griso Von

PostSubject: Re: Misfire on right cylinder.    Misfire on right cylinder.  Icon_minitime1Yesterday at 1:27 pm

My 2016 GRiSO had the valves adjusted at a Dealer out West and they left the ground wire off on the left cylinder, it seemed to run fine but check the ground wire on your individual coils. Dave
Back to top Go down

Misfire on right cylinder.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: