GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Repainting clutch master cylinder

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eire1400
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Eire1400

Repainting clutch master cylinder  Empty
PostSubject: Repainting clutch master cylinder    Repainting clutch master cylinder  Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:48 am

As the title says, while on lockdown I want to repaint the clutch master cylinder.
I'd say it leaked before I owned it as it was a bit fury when i purchased. I cleaned and gave a quick touch up with paint it had,
but it needs redoing properly.
I want it to match the brake so I thinking its a Satin finish black?
Anyone know of a good match?
While i'm at it my fork lowers could to with a lick too, What paint have ye used for these?

Thanks in advance, Stay safe.
Back to top Go down
guzzitragic
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
guzzitragic

PostSubject: Re: Repainting clutch master cylinder    Repainting clutch master cylinder  Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:27 am

Hiya,
Im like you , happy to do a nice fresh up.
once those bits have had brake fluid etc leak its hard to prep for a repaint. ; the cleaning is the hard part. as with all painting - the preparation is the key. do some googling , clean , sand/ wet n dry / and prep the surface with the appropiate product.
These days for small jobs I usually use a spray can of epoxy enamel. I ve done a few and get really nice results. practice on something less valuable til ur happy with ur skills. i have used and been happy with varous spray cans over the years but now I am using one labellled as Brake Caliper paint - ie has high temp - wont wash off first time and has some temp resistance .
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Repainting clutch master cylinder    Repainting clutch master cylinder  Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:22 pm

+1, brake caliper paint, used it many times. I wash it down with lacquer thinner first.
Back to top Go down
Eire1400
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Eire1400

PostSubject: Re: Repainting clutch master cylinder    Repainting clutch master cylinder  Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:18 am

Cheers folks. I'll give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
Damo
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Repainting clutch master cylinder    Repainting clutch master cylinder  Icon_minitime1Fri May 01, 2020 10:16 am

Just used this on the clutch and brake master cylinders, perfect match.
Tough paint link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repainting clutch master cylinder    Repainting clutch master cylinder  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Repainting clutch master cylinder
Page 1 of 1