GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Clutch master cylinder repair kit

Go down 
+3
Pete Roper
TimOz
Matias
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

Clutch master cylinder repair kit Empty
PostSubject: Clutch master cylinder repair kit   Clutch master cylinder repair kit Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:22 pm

Hi guys,

Just want to give you some feedback about this repair kit I got from Wemoto.
I couldn't find many offers in the internet for these kits, so maybe this information can be useful for some of you.

Even though Wemoto lists this kit for Moto Guzzi, it was interesting to see this is a Yamaha repair kit...I guess it will be much easier to find parts for a Yamaha than for a Guzzi...

About the kit:
- The piston is exactly the same that came originally in the bike (11.9 mm)
- The piston spring it's a bit shorter, and the spring diameter that contacts the cylinder is a bit smaller. Maybe it could still be used, but I preferred to install the original spring
- The dust boot it's a bit longer than the original. The collar has the right diameter, but it is not as thick and stiff as the original. Because it is longer it gets a bit smashed when the clutch lever is fully compressed. Don't know how long it will last...We will see
- All the other bits are of no use...even the circlip, that strangely this cylinder doesn't uses.

Anyway, it's case no other options are available, this is a valid solution.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny and DC950 like this post

Back to top Go down
TimOz
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
TimOz

PostSubject: Re: Clutch master cylinder repair kit   Clutch master cylinder repair kit Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:55 am

Thanks Matias,
Does anyone know if this kit will fit into a 2014 Stelvio 1200 NTX?
Pete Roper?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clutch master cylinder repair kit   Clutch master cylinder repair kit Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:08 am

Yup, all the CARC bikes use the same master cylinders. Remember though that whether it will cure the problem is dependent on the state of the bore of the cylinder.

TimOz likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Clutch master cylinder repair kit   Clutch master cylinder repair kit Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:40 am

Well done Matias
Back to top Go down
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Clutch master cylinder repair kit   Clutch master cylinder repair kit Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:10 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
Well done Matias

Smile It's all about sharing John....

Speedfrog likes this post

Back to top Go down
fruk
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
fruk

PostSubject: Re: Clutch master cylinder repair kit   Clutch master cylinder repair kit Icon_minitime1Fri May 05, 2023 1:39 am

Hi Matias

If you want to replace the Wemoto dust boot with the similar to original one, oem part number is AP8133522.

By the way, this is the most expensive tiny piece of rubber I've ever bought.
For the price you will get a nice brembo plastic box and an instruction manual written in probably all existing world languages (dust boot is on the right side of the first photo) Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BR
Faruk

Speedfrog likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clutch master cylinder repair kit   Clutch master cylinder repair kit Icon_minitime1Fri May 05, 2023 1:56 am

Laughing Excellent spot! Well done.

Nice kitty. Gets the Motomoda seal of approval. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Clutch master cylinder repair kit   Clutch master cylinder repair kit Icon_minitime1Fri May 05, 2023 2:12 am

Great Faruk.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Clutch master cylinder repair kit   Clutch master cylinder repair kit Icon_minitime1Fri May 05, 2023 2:15 am

Well done Fruk I bought the wrong 12mm seal and boot set 😭

However in the process I found a more modern 12mm Brembo clutch pump off I (think) 696 Monster. These were widely available new on eBay. That was going to be the cheapest alternative to the radials
Back to top Go down
fruk
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
fruk

PostSubject: Re: Clutch master cylinder repair kit   Clutch master cylinder repair kit Icon_minitime1Mon May 08, 2023 4:38 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Laughing  Excellent spot! Well done.

Nice kitty. Gets the Motomoda seal of approval. Very Happy

It's Luna, the one-eyed pirate guzzista cheers

Thank you Pete!
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Clutch master cylinder repair kit   Clutch master cylinder repair kit Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:49 pm

Matias wrote:
Hi guys,

Just want to give you some feedback about this repair kit I got from Wemoto.
I couldn't find many offers in the internet for these kits, so maybe this information can be useful for some of you.

Even though Wemoto lists this kit for Moto Guzzi, it was interesting to see this is a Yamaha repair kit...I guess it will be much easier to find parts for a Yamaha than for a Guzzi...

About the kit:
- The piston is exactly the same that came originally in the bike (11.9 mm)
- The piston spring it's a bit shorter, and the spring diameter that contacts the cylinder is a bit smaller. Maybe it could still be used, but I preferred to install the original spring
- The dust boot it's a bit longer than the original. The collar has the right diameter, but it is not as thick and stiff as the original. Because it is longer it gets a bit smashed when the clutch lever is fully compressed. Don't know how long it will last...We will see
- All the other bits are of no use...even the circlip, that strangely this cylinder doesn't uses.

Anyway, it's case no other options are available, this is a valid solution.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks for that. I was about to order this revision set, so good to know what to expect from it.
I have some questions on this hopefully someone can answer:
Do the clutch and front brake cylinders require the same kit?
The Wemoto site says some guzzi's use a 13mm piston in the cylinder. Do our GRiSO's all have the 11.9 mm piston size?
Back to top Go down
850-Nero
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
850-Nero

PostSubject: Re: Clutch master cylinder repair kit   Clutch master cylinder repair kit Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:40 am

Well after getting nowhere with a thorough bleeding (filthy fluid) and my lever reguarly sticking and not returning (dangerous!) i decided to give this wemoto rebuild kit a go.

As other have noted the only parts used from the kit are the piston and the rubber cover (optional).

After a through cleaning the piston bore appeares perfect  Wink

While the rubber cover in the kit is the wrong length i found a small amount of glue on the base has held it in place correctly - I guess time will tell how long it lasts. A shame the correct cover is more expensive than the entire rebuild kit!

Bleeding took a lot of fluid but the lever finally feels good - cant say my paint job matches the original patina too well !

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch master cylinder repair kit   Clutch master cylinder repair kit Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Clutch master cylinder repair kit
Page 1 of 1