GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Stock seat - how comfortable?

Go down 
+31
MrGPz
Davetti
PunkScout
EricS
nblades
Papa Lazarou
Pete Roper
Seafrontpete
WAKEY
The Saint
Street
Tod.
garyclem
Tolle09
mick.jones
rboe
wardest
Grisodude
Ad B
TalkingGriso
LBC Tenni
DungeonMaster
Andy in NZ
MrBob
cytocycle
Grisonut
beetle
Enzo the baker
pjm
Steak
skytzo
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:56 pm

Or you could upgrade the cover. The one from MotO.K. is vinyl, not leather, but I think that's better anyway as leather doesn't repel water as well. And in my opinion it looks great and adds a custom touch. This fits the stock seat which I find quite comfortable - I put 50,000 miles on my 1100 GRiSO Rosso with the stocker.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Finally got around to picking up my new modified seat.

It had a three day turnaround.
I had them move the stitching to the side, as I think the original position of the stitching was irritating me..
And they have replaced the foam and scalloped out the seat a bit, ride report to come

Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:20 pm

Well I found out Sunday on my first real ride on the bike, 320 miles, the seat is a killer. My ass hurt for hours after I got home. I don't look forward to another long day on it knowing what will happen. It is like the seat is too narrow and the left side dug in to my butt bone. My income tax should be refunded in a few weeks and probably a corbin in my future.
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:21 am

I've just ordered a Moto.k. cover not because I find the original uncomfortable but I to tend to move around on it too much and to be honest it looks good too.
Being comfortable for long distances can be very subjective even down to what trousers and pants you are wearing. For long distances I find leather jeans and cycling underwear do the trick on the dozens of different bikes I have ridden.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Thanks for the bump! Just ordered a seat cover from MotoK - My Sport seat looks as old as it feels, with gaps into the foam, broken stitching, and looking pre-loved.
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:20 pm

MrGPz wrote:
Finally got around to picking up my new modified seat.

It had a three day turnaround.
I had them move the stitching to the side, as I think the original position of the stitching was irritating me..
And they have replaced the foam and scalloped out the seat a bit, ride report to come

Looks fantastic! Almost makes me feel sad that I like the stock seat so won't have a reason to change it.
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:37 am

Moto.k. seat cover on my 1100.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stock seat - how comfortable?   Stock seat - how comfortable? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Stock seat - how comfortable?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3