GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Clutch pull

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hookah
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
hookah

Clutch pull Empty
PostSubject: Clutch pull   Clutch pull Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:52 am

Anyone have suggestions for decreasing the clutch pull effort?Cheers.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Clutch pull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:07 am

Radial master cylinder.

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Clutch pull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:52 am

Also think it depends how old the bike is; vaguely remember that early ones (2009 like mine Wink ) were the heaviest and that more recent ones had improvement (around 2011 ??). Somewhere along the road I read they either switched to fitting 1400 Cali clutches OR at least people switched to using replacement 1400 clutches because they are lighter.

I fitted Brembo Radial Masters for clutch & brake and they help a lot but (BREMBO ones at least) it wasn't cheap ..... Probably not much more expensive to throw in a 1400 clutch assembly instead. If I ever manage to need a new clutch I'd go that way.
Back to top Go down
Robinson_Spike
Carlotto
Carlotto
Robinson_Spike

Clutch pull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:41 pm

Sounds to me like you’ve got too many bikes, my clutch only feels heavy after I’ve been unfaithful.

Oberon performance here in the UK make a slave cylinder which claims to reduce friction and thus required lever force through innovative seal design.

Paul Brice - piece of piss to do a clutch, let me know when your ready, you can have my 27000 mile plate it’s barely worn 😂😂
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Clutch pull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:23 am

Thanks Spike - Why have you got a barely worn 27,000 mile clutch plate sitting around ??
Back to top Go down
Robinson_Spike
Carlotto
Carlotto
Robinson_Spike

Clutch pull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:39 am

I swapped it out when I was rebuilding the gearbox, just as well too as they hadn’t centralised the diaphragm cone springy and the clutch had only been ‘slipping’ on half of the flywheel and cover. - faulty from the factory but working great now 👍🏻
Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

Clutch pull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:54 am

@Robinson_Spike - have you fitted/got an Oberon slave cylinder, if so which model was it?
Back to top Go down
Robinson_Spike
Carlotto
Carlotto
Robinson_Spike

Clutch pull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:46 am

BrianD wrote:
@Robinson_Spike - have you fitted/got an Oberon slave cylinder, if so which model was it?

Not yet, I have to admit I’m yet to approach them and check compatibility based on a naive assumption that the Aprilia or Moto Morini was probably the same dimensions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

Clutch pull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:32 pm

hookah wrote:
Anyone have suggestions for decreasing the clutch pull effort?Cheers.

I bought adjustable levers, work perfect. It "feels' like it lowers the level, but it is only because the reach has decreased by 1/2 and puts the lever at first knuckle rather than at the end of my reach which killed my arthritic left hand and arm. $35 on e-bay.
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

Clutch pull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

Clutch pull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:09 am

I spoke to Oberon a while ago now and they suggested I pop down and see them, since then I have aquired a spare slave cylinder so I can take that down for direct comparision.

I just wondered if they had released one for the 1200's

Just not had the time to do this yet
Back to top Go down
Robinson_Spike
Carlotto
Carlotto
Robinson_Spike

Clutch pull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:43 am

BrianD wrote:
I spoke to Oberon a while ago now and they suggested I pop down and see them, since then I have aquired a spare slave cylinder so I can take that down for direct comparision.

I just wondered if they had released one for the 1200's

Just not had the time to do this yet

I’ve dealt with them directly for bar-end mirrors and have no doubt that they’re very capable - I’ll certainly be buying one if they list it and all thanks to you 👍🏻👍🏻
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Clutch pull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:06 pm

Presume (means I don't know the answer) the Oberon 'end result' would be much the same, but lot cheaper at £100 parts, as changing the MCS to bigger diameter ?....but guess you can't just flip the effort ratio in same way the Brembo radials allow .....ie trading hand effort per mm clutch pull for longer travel (or visa versa) ??.

Unless you change the total force required (fit lighter clutch springs/plate), isn't it always just an effort over distance pulled trade ?

Back to top Go down
Robinson_Spike
Carlotto
Carlotto
Robinson_Spike

Clutch pull Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:31 pm

paulbrice wrote:
Presume (means I don't know the answer) the Oberon 'end result' would be much the same, but lot cheaper at £100 parts, as changing the MCS to bigger diameter ?....but guess you can't just flip the effort ratio in same way the Brembo radials allow .....ie trading hand effort per mm clutch pull for longer travel (or visa versa) ??.

Unless you change the total force required (fit lighter clutch springs/plate), isn't it always just an effort over distance pulled trade ?

Absolutely, You don’t usually get something for nothing but perhaps you would with the Oberon solution as they use a unique precision seal (that they machine whilst frozen) so it is more efficient thus less friction to overcome.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They claim 40% less effort!
Back to top Go down

Clutch pull
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: