GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Clutch pull

Go down 
+8
lcjohnny
sideshowbob
Bulldog9
BrianD
Robinson_Spike
paulbrice
beetle
hookah
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Clutch pull - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:29 pm

My Brembo clutch RCS is 16mm.

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:57 pm

I was thinking something like a 15 but then I thought I'd read somewhere the 19 worked because of a different mechanical advantage. C'est la vie.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:13 pm

Thrown the whole idea in the 'Too Hard' basket for now. I'll revisit it later.

Right now I just want to get the Tenni Shitter pimped up with its touring clobber and pissed off to Queensland for registration. Just waiting for it's new shock to arrive and tossing up whether to get Laurie to go though the forks before it heads north. Once it's registered in Peter's name I'll bring it down south again. It's a good ride from Townsville, about 2,000km by the most direct route but if the WA border opens up I might come back via Perth. I wish those drop pegs would arrive.
Back to top Go down
evansnows
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
evansnows

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:42 pm

I can't go ahead with trialing the Brembo unit right now. As soon as I possibly can I'll try it out.
It's a 19 rcs. Is it likely to work ?

From the pictures the next set that they sent Pete are different.
So this is one pretty definitely a genuine Brembo unit.

If it solves the clutch issue I'll buy a matching front brake master cylinder and
fit black aluminium reservoirs behind my carbon screen running through braided lines to the master cylinders.
I really don't like the reservoirs sitting off the bars.

Mark bought some really neat bar mounted reservoirs to sort that but they were not cheap.
Being a pensioner who picks up odd jobs here and there I'm looking for a cheaper solution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://c-space-solutions.com/
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:10 pm

Nah, it won't work. It's too large. The pull is much heavier, the exact opposite of what you want. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:12 pm

Thays a bummer Pete.

But it does add to my finding that either a smaller clutch pump or a larger command cylinder is the way to reduce clutch pull weight
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:27 am

Well yes. That was always the case. My mistake was not calculating the actual lever ratio and doing some magical thinking about how that would assist with countering the problem.

Put simply, I fucked up! Being human I do that regularly. Thing is I'm happy to wear it rather trying to blame someone else or try and make up some load of old bollocks to excuse my ignorance and mistake.

Onwards and upwards! Rolling Eyes Laughing

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
evansnows
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
evansnows

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:31 am

Bugger.
It's such a class piece of kit

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://c-space-solutions.com/
Evilgarfield
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evilgarfield

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:21 pm

When I saw your message Pete, I went back to your post with the link to the levers and tried to find 15 ou 16rcs but could find any (didn't look for long). Best I found was 17
5. Are these uncommon sizes?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:40 pm

No. For the RCS 16, Google this: Brembo 110.A263.50

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:07 pm

Yeah, Brembo ones are readily available. I think Nissin may do one as well.

It actually makes perfect sense if you think about it for a moment. The clutch only has to move one piston and while it may be slightly larger than a brake caliper piston and does have to move a bit further there are eight brake pistons being moved by a 19mm RCS.
Back to top Go down
Evilgarfield
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evilgarfield

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:35 am

Yeah sorry I was talkin about these Chinese knockouts. But thinking about it, many bikes have a cable actuated clutch so it makes sense that 15rsc is not as widespread as larger brake master cylinders, especially for cheapo copycats.

Thanks for the Brembo ref.
Back to top Go down

Clutch pull
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: