GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Clutch pull

Go down 
+17
Lazlokovacs
musto
Camphill
GuzziSteve
Robeartato
evansnows
Evilgarfield
Pete Roper
motor-timothy
lcjohnny
sideshowbob
Bulldog9
BrianD
Robinson_Spike
paulbrice
beetle
hookah
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Clutch pull - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:57 pm

You’ll need to drop the Bevelbox and swingarm off. It’s not a huge job. We’d do it in a day or less but we have a lot of experience. If you haven’t already done it the swingarm bearings and shock linkages will need greasing and don’t be surprised if they need replacement. I’d have at lest the swingarm bearings on hand. If the linkage bearings are shot it’s cheaper, or was, to buy a new double conrod than all the individual bearings, pins, seals etc.
Back to top Go down
evansnows
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
evansnows

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:11 pm

Thanks I already checked all those.
Luckily the bike had obviously always been kept garaged and everything was fine.
I repacked with grease and reassembled.
Looking forward to hearing how the new units perform.
Thanks Evans
Back to top Go down
http://c-space-solutions.com/
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:56 pm

beetle wrote:

lcjohnny wrote:

2) Considering the master cylinder - what diameter has been succesful 17mm or 19mm?

16mm Brembo. My clutch pull went from 12kg to 8kg. The difference is astonishing.

How did you do that? I've been considering changing the clutch master cylinder on mine largely because the pivot on the clutch lever is badly worn (not the pin or the lever itself, both of which I've changed). If I could sort the clutch pull issue at the same time it might not wear out again, and would save my left hand some grief.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:32 pm

lcjohnny wrote:

2) Considering the master cylinder - what diameter has been succesful 17mm or 19mm?

I have to say that i wrote that before i disassembled and measured mine - it was 12mm. I replaced it with a good second hand one.

If only the hydraulics are considered a larger dia clutch pump (master cyl) moves more oil so it gives more lift but pushes more spring per mm of movement so it should feel heavier.

So as far as I can understand the reduced clutch pull force must be down to the better design of the newer pump and the wear in the old ones.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:37 am

Hydraulic ratio stuff doesn't seem to add up using numbers we have......guess the lever cam profile is a lot lazier (at 16mm setting) with RCS clutch radials, so it's defo not moving as much fluid in total pull range....& so much I have to adapt/relearn clutch-throttle coordination when I jump between bikes !.

Starting to think RCS16 plus Oberon could be a win-win if the longer (easier) RCS 16 pull is offset by the shorter (should be harder but actually easier due to friction) of the Oberon..

May run that experiment Wink

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pull   Clutch pull - Page 5 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Clutch pull
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5