GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA

Go down 
+9
rick pope
ratso88
janguzzi
AH Head
Steak
ecs
waterbottle
Nobleswood
YanksTT
13 posters
AuthorMessage
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:41 am

Here's my 2014 Guzzi GRiSO 1200 8VSE at the track.
Peter

Steak, Bill Hagan, odder, lcjohnny, Nobleswood, freewaystreak and Spruce Goose like this post

Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:53 pm

Thanks for sharing cheers
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:34 am

Good effort cheers
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:28 am

YanksTT wrote:
Here's my 2014 Guzzi GRiSO 1200 8VSE at the track.
Peter

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks great.

Tell me about your hitch carrier? Did you do anything to the suspension on the X5 or does it drive alright with that on the back?
Back to top Go down
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:47 am

The hitch carrier was found on craigslist. I was told it is rated for 600 lbs. I didn't make any changes to the suspension. The x5 drove fine; I was nervous with every bump in the round.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:22 pm

Not too shabby for the big pig! Looks like you had some fun out there. It's amazing how well the GRiSO can carry speed deep into a corner, but his fatty pants shows when trying to build speed out of a corner...

Fun video, and thanks for posting!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:54 pm

Thanks for watching.  I'd like to do more track days; perhaps on a different bike.  GRiSO is a tremendous road bike.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
AH Head
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
AH Head

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:26 am

Yup that looks like fun.
So Im going to ask any and all of you.......... I would like to know what mods need to be done to make a 2015 GRiSO handle?
Mine handles like sh-t.
I need to do something..... little help?

Ciao
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:18 am

AH Head wrote:

Mine handles like sh-t.
Ciao

Is there something wrong with your GRiSO?
Normally a GRiSO does not handle like shit at all.
Even the stock configuration is more or less okay and you can ride it like a sports bike.

Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
AH Head
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
AH Head

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:40 pm

Not sure..... Im going to change out the factory rubber and see what happens but at this point pretty much all of my Spineys will lay waist to the GRiSO and maybe even my Stelvio with its new shoes............ go figure??
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:00 am

Yeah, tires make the bike.

If they're like the stock Metzelers I had on my '13, had me skittering all over the road, dump them now.
For a dedicated track bike I wouldn't know what to fit.
Although a road going machine can't go wrong with the Michelin Road 5.
I'll be getting my second set lathe this month.

Bill Hagan and kubbie like this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:56 am

X2 on the Road 5. I'm on my second set. I'm a bit disappointed on the life of them, but I'm not skinny, and I tend to go into corners a liitle hot.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:05 pm

I couldn't get rid of the stock Metzelers fast enough...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:52 am

AH Head wrote:
Yup that looks like fun.
So Im going to ask any and all of you.......... I would like to know what mods need to be done to make a 2015 GRiSO handle?
Mine handles like sh-t.

Ciao

Changing the tyres to Michelins or Angel GT's would be a good start.
Service the fork oil
Hunt around for a suspension guy.
Get him to set up the basics, sag then balance the front & rear compression & rebound.
Then start to fiddle about & see if you can work with the OEM before changing out parts.

There are a few suspension threads on the Ghetto & for me it's been a rewarding project on GRiSO.

Good luck cheers

Back to top Go down
AH Head
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
AH Head

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:06 pm

Thx all....... Im hoping for an improvement as I love this machine otherwise.

Ciao
Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:09 pm

Michelin Pilot Power

I drive the Michelin Pilot Power on my Norton F1 Sport.
No rubber edge remains unused.
I also have to give my GRiSO new tires ...
I think ... it will be the same.

knumbnutz likes this post

Back to top Go down
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:07 pm

I'm running the Road 5 as well with a Wilber shock.
Back to top Go down
toronto675
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
toronto675

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:56 pm

Triumph 675 Daytona would be my recommendation. Nice track hoping to ride there soon. When the border opens. cheers
Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:09 am

AH Head wrote:
Yup that looks like fun.
Mine handles like sh-t.

Ciao
Start by making sure you have the front forks showing 4 rings or more through the top of the triple tree. I kept understeering until I did this.

Cheers,

Moby

freewaystreak likes this post

Back to top Go down
Groovitz
Carlotto
Carlotto
Groovitz

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:02 am

GREAT Job! Once you got your tires warmed up and an open track, you really did great. I guess you already knew the track map or you are a super fast learner. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:03 pm

Groovitz wrote:
GREAT Job! Once you got your tires warmed up and an open track, you really did great. I guess you already knew the track map or you are a super fast learner. Very Happy

Thank you. I really enjoyed the day. I was able to learn much of the track from watching videos. I didn't see any other shaft drive bikes on the course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA   GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO on the racetrack in Shelton, WA
Page 1 of 1