GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Exited.. new GRiSO ahead

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Empty
PostSubject: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:17 pm

I just sold my good 1100 GRiSO - only to replace it with a 1200 SE in Black/Silver. Next weekend my dream becomes reality... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan and airbornebaby like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:30 pm

If it's been taken out to 1400 I hope the breather system can keep up. Check your oil really regularly. I hope it's not running flat tappets?
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:43 pm

Hi Pete, of course it is rollerized already... i know the guy. He is mad and taking care of his bikes.

Steak and Bill Hagan like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:15 pm

Good O. They are pushing the envelope with the breather system so do keep an eye on the oil level and drain the airbox regularly.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:39 pm

Who did the embiggening?

You will need to keep a close eye on the oil. Ask me how I know.

Any chance a secondary or embiggened blow-by system has been added?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:52 pm

Hi Beetle, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] They used the cylindre and the piston of the California 1400 and changed something related to the oil circulation system. My best friend is riding a GRiSO treated the same way. No problems.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:06 pm

1400 crank? Or did they rebalance the 1200 crank?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:50 pm

Sorry, I do not know the details. But as far as I know, they only changed cylindres and pistons. No rebalancing of the crank needed. Some German GRiSO Riders did already 50.000km with this kit - no issues.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:32 am

I would think they're not factory 1400 pistons. Must be custom.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:14 am

We've approached this two different ways now. Both 1400's have been oil users, it's because the crankcase isn't big enough. The changes necessary to the oil delivery system for cooling are quite extensive. I'm surprised at your lack of interest in what they were??? It seems to work but I'd like to know details. Probably a *Special, secret* thing though.

Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:04 am

I have been asking the guys using the kit since 50000km now. No issues. It looks like they took care about the oil circulation and added a second hose. And yes, the used the California 1400 parts.
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:20 pm

Looking forward to hearing all the details Thumbs Up with pictures cheers
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:05 am

I asked all German GRiSO Riders with the 1400ccm conversion... nobody had any issues with oil in airfilterbox. And we have the famous Autobahn with no speedlimits. Full throttle....

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:58 am

Maybe we've just been unlucky, although I doubt it. I is a commonly observed problem with 1400's. Biggest issue is the crankcase isn't big enough.
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:06 pm

Pete, may be I did not describe it correctly... I have been asking 4 Riders with the 1400-Kit in Germany - one is my best friend. All conversions have been mady by Radical Guzzi - they are well known for big bore kits. As I wrote before, they changed also something related to the oil return hose (sorry, I don't know the exact tecnical phrase in englisch).
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:25 pm

No, I got what you were saying. I've built two 1400's going about it two different ways. One with a 1400 crank and modified heads, the other using the bottom end of a 1400 with a 1200 phonic wheel and timing sensor and again modified 1200 heads. Apart from the provision of a second plug there didn't seem to be much, if any difference in the two combustion chambers of the 1200 and 1400 but the 1400 heads have pathetically weedy inlet ports about 1/3rd smaller than the 1200 heads.

Both expell oil. A larger condensor system will help but the reason so much is expelled is the insufficient volume of the crankcase.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:07 pm

maybe a spacer plate would do the trick Pete?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:03 pm

I'd worry about dropping the sump further.

There is the provision in the crankcase for a breather on the upper left (?) of the timing chest. It's not machined on GRiSO crank cases but oddly enough is on some others. I have wondered if the oil expulsion issue might be addressable by fitting another breather there and running it up to the condensor box and connecting it to the spigot that has a 'Condom' on it. Thet spigot is there because the Bellagio uses just that system and spigot for its breather system from memory. Certainly one of the later model bikes does. I'll have to check out the parts books though to make sure I'm not mixing it up with something else.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:18 pm

I think that one is used on the 2V motor - certainly is on mine, I'm sure. The sealing system on that opening is a tad ordinary in my opinion and would most likely require a new O-Ring every time it was disturbed - well it starts off as an O-Ring but ends up very convoluted.

would be items 18, 20, 38, 39 mounted to 15, I think. 39 is the Viton O-Ring - 34.65 x 1.78 - it squashed flat after a time and resealing with the old unit often leads to failure - don't ask how I know. Would also require some custom plumbing, unless the 2V hose fits...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:46 pm

That's the one Tony. I'll have to look and see if that spigot would fit in the GRiSO frame.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:04 pm

And guess what? That component is NLA. Fuck.

GU0500723 Is the part number if anyone finds some NOS.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:33 pm

I "might" have a new one in stock, I might - however it is packed for moving but I might look, otherwise I will keep it "just in case". If you want it Pete, it's yours, if I can find it.

You could also probably make a threaded, round insert and do it that way, too. Bit of messing around but...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exited.. new GRiSO ahead   Exited.. new GRiSO ahead Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Exited.. new GRiSO ahead
Page 1 of 1