GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What is a GRiSO

Go down 
+20
DrPat
dennis the menace
Donzo
Omnis
lcjohnny
scagliog
bahamazoo
Kernow
Bill Dee
Pete Roper
motor-timothy
Steak
marcdavo
GuzziSteve
bioman
Oz1200Guzzi
Papa Lazarou
rick pope
SMTCapeCod
Evans
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

What is a GRiSO - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a GRiSO   What is a GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:18 pm

a term used way back when refering to norton dominators etc was a roadburner a bike which could cover a good distance at good rate of knots GRiSO fits the bill nicely

Bobcat Sig likes this post

Back to top Go down
DrPat
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
DrPat

PostSubject: Re: What is a GRiSO   What is a GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:32 pm

yeah, like Pete Roper I don't go for anthropomorphising bikes so much (though with some Triumphs I have resorted to painting a cross on the steering stem to exorcise whatever demons remain from previous owners' behaviour, and perhaps admittedly trumping my mediocre mechanical skills).
However, I read Manzoni's GRiSO as 'Thug', and call mine from time to time 'The Beast' or 'The Thug'. She does everything pretty much sublimely, but with some quirkiness.
She just sits in the shed and glowers at her odd English stablemates. But when you want the business done, it's 'Fire up The Beast!'
cheers, Pat

Bobcat Sig likes this post

Back to top Go down
bhattman
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
bhattman

PostSubject: Re: What is a GRiSO   What is a GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:25 pm

It's 50 shades of GRiSO (grey). Choose your shade.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What is a GRiSO   What is a GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:57 am

Point of clarification GRiSO is a character name, the color grey/gray translates to grigio.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: What is a GRiSO   What is a GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:05 pm

Far be it from me to anthropomorphize a bike, or assign it a gender (never really did that) But to me it is the epitome of a sport standard. Good for touring, good for sport aspirations, good for putting around, thugging around, whatever you want, but off road? NAH...... It is an instant classic, with few peers or equivalents.

But for me, the GRiSO was a savior...... Literally, After riding for 30 years, and 'supposedly' having the epitome of the sport touring motorcycle an  FJR 1300, I had lost my passion for riding. Once doing 20K a year, I did 500 my last year with it. No enjoyment, no thrill, and I only rode it out of forced will.  Thinking I was over riding, but not wanting to be bikeless, I decided to sell and look for a naked standard that could ride when I wanted and tuck in the corner of the garage. After months of riding everything, and nothing working, In May I stumbled on a Craigslist ad for a GRiSO.... 500 feet down the road I was in the middle of a revelation. Traded the FJR on the GRiSO, put 2K miles in the first month or so, and in July added a Norge for the LD riding, but the GRiSO is still the bike I love most, connect with and enjoy..... It saved and re-birthed my passion for riding. 6 years later, the fire burns bright.

But if it were a car, it would be a classic air cooled 911..... Raw, Pure, Viceral, just enough of everything to be addictive, but not too much or little of anything to rob from the experience.....

Steak likes this post

Back to top Go down
Eire1400
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Eire1400

PostSubject: Re: What is a GRiSO   What is a GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:32 pm

I just call mine Pure Fun with an awesome soundtrack!!
But what interested me in this post was the 250 klm tank range!
Are people really getting that from their GRiSO's?
My fuel light is on at 110/120 klms I'd push another 40 k from reserve... adding to around 160ish klms from a tank.
Am I way off?

Evans wrote:
As I look through posts there are Grisos set up as off road bikes, cafe racers, track bikes, you name it.
One of the things about the GRiSO is that it doesn't neatly fit into a category.

Personally I see the GRiSO as a Gran Tourer. Compared to cars if the the MVs are a Lamborghini,
the GRiSO a classic Alfa Romeo.

The styling of the GRiSO is unique, there's nothing quite like it.
The setup of the GRiSO allows for comfortable riding all day and the fact that you have to use the gears
and ride takes it away from the cruiser concept. The 250 Klm range does mean having to plan your fuel stops or carry a reserve
but when doing serious touring you'll be using panniers and luggage anyway.

As with the cafe racers etc each of us has seen a particular concept in the GRiSO and customized our bikes to suit.

I'm wondering how others would classify their GRiSO ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What is a GRiSO   What is a GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:07 am

Eire I think yours is running too rich -

My set up is Beetle map, no airbox snorkel, termignioni pipe with baffles

i ride mine quite hard and get
MpG (UK) = 43.50
L/100Km = 6.43
Km to fuel light = 200
KM to the tank = 262.93

I may have the CO trim a bit too lean as i get hadlebar vibration above 85mph but i don't expect that to change it by more than 1-3%
Back to top Go down
Eire1400
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Eire1400

PostSubject: Re: What is a GRiSO   What is a GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:29 am

That's what I'm thinking.
But plugs looked good at last service, I'll check them tonight.
Must start working out the MPG or L/100Km stuff.
I'm running a Beetle map also, with air box snorkel removed and a GPR pipe with both baffles in.
Bike runs great at speed, Bit lumpy at low revs and off idle, but I have got both air bleeds closed after a recent Tb sync.
CO trim on mine is unchanged, would that make much of a difference?

lcjohnny wrote:
Eire I think yours is running too rich -

My set up is Beetle map, no airbox snorkel, termignioni pipe with baffles

i ride mine quite hard and get
MpG (UK)        = 43.50
L/100Km        = 6.43
Km to fuel light = 200
KM to the tank = 262.93

I may have the CO trim a bit too lean as i get hadlebar vibration above 85mph but i don't expect that to change it by more than 1-3%
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: What is a GRiSO   What is a GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:16 am

this probably doesn't make a huge difference in fuel consumption, but I find it strange that you were able to get the TB's to balance with both bleeders completely closed. is this what you have?
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What is a GRiSO   What is a GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:45 am

weakening the CO trim got me better tickover and decreased fuel consumption from 38 mpg to 42 mpg - so 10%!
Back to top Go down
Eire1400
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Eire1400

PostSubject: Re: What is a GRiSO   What is a GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:07 am

Chris W wrote:
this probably doesn't make a huge difference in fuel consumption, but I find it strange that you were able to get the TB's to balance with both bleeders completely closed. is this what you have?
I'm only learning here but I thought the bleeders only looked after idle / tick over. I sync'd it at 3 1/5 k rpm.
Was happy enough to leave tickover a bit lumpy for riding range good?

Back to top Go down
Eire1400
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Eire1400

PostSubject: Re: What is a GRiSO   What is a GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:08 am

lcjohnny wrote:
weakening the CO trim got me better tickover and decreased fuel consumption from 38 mpg to 42 mpg - so 10%!

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: What is a GRiSO   What is a GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:42 am

Eire1400 wrote:
Chris W wrote:
I'm only learning here but I thought the bleeders only looked after idle / tick over. I sync'd it at 3 1/5 k rpm.
Was happy enough to leave tickover a bit lumpy for riding range good?

you  are right, TB balance at idle will affect idle characteristics.
sounds like you performed the high speed balance at 3500 rpm but possibly not an idle balance. After the high speed balance, you should perform an idle balance.
Part of the idle balance includes opening the tb bleeder screw on the TB that has the higher of the 2 readings. at this point, you will be  backing that particular bleeder screw out as required to get both TB's to have the same pressure or balance.
I'm new at this too, but I have just installed a new Zard and map and have been chasing a few gremlins over the last few months. I've performed multiple TB balances and have yet to find the screws in the fully closed position with the TB's in balance at idle.
just an observation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is a GRiSO   What is a GRiSO - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What is a GRiSO
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2