GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Best knock off levers advice

Go down 
+5
Frstrtdmac
GuzziLooper
motor-timothy
Oz1200Guzzi
Steak
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Best knock off levers advice Empty
PostSubject: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:36 pm

Hi I have read various threads expounding worth of Chinese over known brands. I have no problem with Chinese but understand that some have better design to allow fitment of clutch lever adjustable swivel pin etc.
Any recommendations for levers available to the UK please.
Peter
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:57 pm

Do they sell Pazzo Racing Levers in the UK? The Chinese knockoffs are better suited to bicycles...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:49 pm

Which is the look I am going for. Can also recommend the givi front mounted basket.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:22 pm

I have Chinesium levers and while good - others have vouched for Pazzo many, many times. My next set will be Pazzo.

My Chinesium levers used to be black but now they are tending towards "worn grey" - there's anodising and then again, there's anodising!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:37 am

The anodizing on the chinesium set that I put on the Stelvio was a nice, robust, Orange/Gold when installed. Now they look like they were dipped in orange sherbet. They are all loosey goosey as well. When the motivation rises, I will replace them with the Pazzos as are on the GRiSO. My GRiSO Pazzo levers survived a high speed collision with an elk and maybe a couple of "oops, forgot the kickstand." tip overs and remain COMPLETELY UNSCATHED. I've no idea what miracle metal they are made of, most likely are protected by some inviolable spell administered by a comely Italian witch.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

moby and Charles like this post

Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:51 am

Steak wrote:
The anodizing on the chinesium set that I put on the Stelvio was a nice, robust, Orange/Gold when installed.  Now they look like they were dipped in orange sherbet.  They are all loosey goosey as well.  When the motivation rises, I will replace them with the Pazzos as are on the GRiSO.  My GRiSO Pazzo levers survived a high speed collision with an elk and maybe a couple of "oops, forgot the kickstand." tip overs and remain COMPLETELY UNSCATHED.  I've no idea what miracle metal they are made of, most likely are protected by some inviolable spell administered by a comely Italian witch.

Must be the same adamantium alloy used for the GRiSO's bar-end weighs which have survived grinding the road for several meters without a scratch. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:48 am

So I found a supplier in the UK who was selling pazzo levers for 110 pair posted in my preferred finish and bit the cnc,d bullet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:34 am

Just to prove genuine Pazzo ready to fit
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:29 pm

Well figured Sunbeam.

Don't forget to loosen the set screw on the clutch side piston before transferring to the new levers. I little butane torch heat can be helpful as well. Keep your inner gorilla in check.

Back to top Go down
GuzziLooper
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GuzziLooper

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:56 am

I bought a set of these shorty levers from the source of all things by the source of all things for mine and am fairly impressed with them. The adjusters are especially easy to use and I dialed in the clearance on the clutch lever with my index finger as I rode with them on for the first time.

Back to top Go down
Frstrtdmac
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Frstrtdmac

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 8:20 am

GuzziLooper wrote:
I bought a set of these shorty levers from the source of all things by the source of all things for mine and am fairly impressed with them. The adjusters are especially easy to use and I dialed in the clearance on the clutch lever with my index finger as I rode with them on for the first time.

Any issues? What do you like/dislike about them?
Back to top Go down
GuzziLooper
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GuzziLooper

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2021 11:01 am

Frstrtdmac wrote:
GuzziLooper wrote:

Any issues? What do you like/dislike about them?

No issues. They were easy to swap out and easy to adjust. The fit is good with no extra floppiness side to side. Like most of the other cheapo levers they have no bronze bushing inserts and are likely to wear without periodic cleaning and re-greasing.
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:45 pm

Sunbeam wrote:

Just to prove genuine Pazzo ready to fit

Pazzo’s looking like UKp160 for a pair, non-folding.  Sunbeam,  pray tell who you found to supply them?  😊

Bob
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:43 am

Hi sorry for late response. Not logged on for a while. Bikehps in UK cost £110 for pair.
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:07 am

Sunbeam wrote:
Hi sorry for late response. Not logged on for a while. Bikehps in UK cost £110 for pair.

Congrats for the price mate, it seems you got a special deal (their eBay shop?). Quoted price is £159.98 + del = £168.38 Neutral
It’s right up there, price wise with ASV @ £205 pale

Bob
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:45 pm

Think so genuine parts but arrived without a box. Dint think would get same offer again so grabbed them quick.
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:21 pm

I fear I may have to bite the bullet
Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:17 am

The government of China is run by very bad people with no morals.

Try VERY HARD NOT to BUY Products Made in China.

BTW: They gave the world Covid for free. What should we all give them ?

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:58 am

Certainly, Chinese culture is much different than ours.  A prevailing wisdom over there is that if someone is stupid enough to be stolen from, then all the better for the one stealing.  It's wholly mercenary.  I wouldn't say that they are "immoral" it's more like a different set of virtues.

Step away from Facebook and the Murdoch Box and your life will be less angry.

I guess if one were to distill the relationship down to its essence.

American greed benefits from cheap Chinese labor and raw materials
THE BIG TRADEOFF
Chinese greed rips of American know how on the cheap

Who has the moral high ground?

LBC Tenni, lcjohnny and moby like this post

Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:27 pm

I think we’re in danger of losing the plot, this is not really about morals.  The discussion was about expensive ~ quality vs cheap ~ shite & more importantly whether the user actually cares about that.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:38 am

China threatens Australia with ballistic missile strike.
Ya, I guess they are just like us, morally.
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:44 am

BobW981 wrote:
I think we’re in danger of losing the plot, this is not really about morals.  The discussion was about expensive ~ quality vs cheap ~ shite & more importantly whether the user actually cares about that.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

X2. I come here to learn about Grisos, and be free from rants about religion, politics, and now covid. But lately......

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:54 pm

Found a pair of folding Pazzo’s at a good price. Ordered! Pics to follow after they’ve arrived [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best knock off levers advice   Best knock off levers advice Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Best knock off levers advice
Page 1 of 1