GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I've got some new tyres!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Humble1200
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Humble1200

I've got some new tyres! Empty
PostSubject: I've got some new tyres!   I've got some new tyres! Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:11 am

Hi All

After lots of deliberation, I have put a new set of Conti road attack 2s on my GRiSO. They are my first pair of replacement tyres from new and what a difference they make. I thought the original Metzelers where good when new but these are so much better. Great grip, handling, tip in and road comfort.

I cant imagine a better tyre for the bike and I paid £165 the pair delivered. Recommended.

Hope that is of use and happy riding to you all.

Leone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Leone
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Leone

PostSubject: Re: I've got some new tyres!   I've got some new tyres! Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:32 am

I also recently replaced my Metzelers with the Road Attack. They're on the sporting (vs touring) end of the category (a little more grip and feel in exchange for mileage), and truly fantastic in the corners. Love them!

Availability of Road Attack 2 is currently poor in the US, the rear I received was manufactured in 2018, and I had to install a Road Attack 3 on the front as the 2 was NLA everywhere.

Brief side-note on the subject of installing tires: I can highly recommend the tire changer made by Olmax Motors in Poland, piece of cake with zero scuffs or damage to the wheels.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: I've got some new tyres!   I've got some new tyres! Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:47 pm

Humble 1200 - what pressures are you running?
I had (much older) road attacks on my SuperDuke (gen1) and I did not like them as much as PilotRoad2.

But then they were OE fitted and apparently OE tyres are not the same compound as aftermarket
Back to top Go down
Humble1200
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Humble1200

PostSubject: Re: I've got some new tyres!   I've got some new tyres! Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:06 am

I've got them around 36 PSI. Feels just right to me but i'm no expert.
Back to top Go down

I've got some new tyres!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: