GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I've got some new tyres!

Go down 
+4
BobW981
lcjohnny
Leone
Humble1200
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Humble1200
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Humble1200

I've got some new tyres! Empty
PostSubject: I've got some new tyres!   I've got some new tyres! Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:11 am

Hi All

After lots of deliberation, I have put a new set of Conti road attack 2s on my GRiSO. They are my first pair of replacement tyres from new and what a difference they make. I thought the original Metzelers where good when new but these are so much better. Great grip, handling, tip in and road comfort.

I cant imagine a better tyre for the bike and I paid £165 the pair delivered. Recommended.

Hope that is of use and happy riding to you all.

Leone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: I've got some new tyres!   I've got some new tyres! Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:32 am

I also recently replaced my Metzelers with the Road Attack. They're on the sporting (vs touring) end of the category (a little more grip and feel in exchange for mileage), and truly fantastic in the corners. Love them!

Availability of Road Attack 2 is currently poor in the US, the rear I received was manufactured in 2018, and I had to install a Road Attack 3 on the front as the 2 was NLA everywhere.

Brief side-note on the subject of installing tires: I can highly recommend the tire changer made by Olmax Motors in Poland, piece of cake with zero scuffs or damage to the wheels.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: I've got some new tyres!   I've got some new tyres! Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:47 pm

Humble 1200 - what pressures are you running?
I had (much older) road attacks on my SuperDuke (gen1) and I did not like them as much as PilotRoad2.

But then they were OE fitted and apparently OE tyres are not the same compound as aftermarket
Back to top Go down
Humble1200
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Humble1200

PostSubject: Re: I've got some new tyres!   I've got some new tyres! Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:06 am

I've got them around 36 PSI. Feels just right to me but i'm no expert.
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: I've got some new tyres!   I've got some new tyres! Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:13 pm

I’ve been considering at Michelin Road 5 or Bridgestone Battlax T31. Has anyone else gone this route?

Bob
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: I've got some new tyres!   I've got some new tyres! Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:45 pm

I've got Road 5's.

Very happy!

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Patlikestolean
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Patlikestolean

PostSubject: Re: I've got some new tyres!   I've got some new tyres! Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:31 pm

Never tried the T31s but I love my Road 5s too!
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: I've got some new tyres!   I've got some new tyres! Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:00 pm

My last two sets were Road5's, and I have been happy. But, I recently damaged the rear and the only replacement available was a ContiMotion. I was on a trip and didn't want to loose a day or two.....

So far, I REALLY like that cheapo Continental. At 100 miles I had it scuffed farther than I ever did on the Road5's. Put 440 miles on it on some of Wisconsin's finest "Alphabet Roads" and no complaints.
Back to top Go down
BBB888
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BBB888

PostSubject: Re: I've got some new tyres!   I've got some new tyres! Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:07 am

I’m running Michelin PR3 and can’t fault them - well other than they’re an ugly tred pattern and don’t win any track warrior awards - but in the real world they just work, wet, dry or just damp and grizzly. These tyres were a game changer when they came out in terms of all round performance and wear and I don’t see that for my day to day riding on public roads I need anything more. Also bring an older model they’re considerably cheaper than PR5. I run 36psi front and 42psi rear.
My son has just fitted Bridgestone 016 pro to his Jap 600 super sport on the same basis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've got some new tyres!   I've got some new tyres! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I've got some new tyres!
Page 1 of 1