GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound

Go down 
+6
Canyon Carver
Scot p
Steak
DungeonMaster
beetle
Pete Roper
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:58 pm

WTF? I'm not pissing on anyone's fucking parade. I think this is a very interesting exhaust, but bullshit marketing hype gets my goat. 20 fucking newton metres my narrow white arse!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:02 am

The dynamics of the exhaust, especially with the stock map, (Which already has issues.) will make the bike run like a cement mixer full of runny shit. It may if WFO produce more power and torque, although nowhere near the figures they are claiming unless their 'Standard' is Shetland Ponies.

Nothing about it is going to work properly at other points in its useage range, the charge transition issues at certain RPM are going to be greatly exacerbated and the tuned length and interference from the conjoined pipes is going to play merry hell with the delta fueling factors.

Can these issues be addressed? Yes, probably they can. But not by a PCV and certainly not by a load of self promoting hyperbole! But what the fuck would I know?????

Pete
Back to top Go down
Slo_Mo_Shun
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Slo_Mo_Shun

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:16 am

TalkingGriso wrote:
Let me see if I grok what's going on here: some of you guys are pissing on the Ipothesys parade?  Why?  Seems like we would want to encourage more aftermarket involvement in developing our Grisos.  Not every development is going to suit everyone's taste, and it's always fair to offer constructive criticism, but ... "Can't we all just get along?"

I really dont think anyone on here is having a go at you or the Ipothesys. It is just the way you wrote your information, it comes across as if you are trying to sell the item via the forum. I guess its okay to try and make the sale but with claims of huge increases in torque, it really does need some backup. You could have made those claims but then have said that you were willing to lend an Ipothesys to one of the guys on here who have the ability to test it independently. Then if the claims can be substantiated, the Ipothesys would sell itself.

BTW, people on here do get along.

Dont take it to heart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:02 am

I must apologize for being excited about owning this new product. I have been riding performance motorcycle for well over 40 years! Seldom have I been impressed with anything made like this system. I did my research by communicating with European owners of this exhaust before literally spending my limited funds. This is the only Ipothesys product imported to USA. I have no affiliation other than owning this superior system to all the slip-ons of which I have tried. Get what you pay for and I'm very impressed with the performance sound and quality. Less rpm more power reveals a longer life for any engine. The age I'm at now has allowed me the time in past employment history to have experience with Lathes, Mills, CNC-NC operator, Tig, Mig, stick low hydrogen certified welding and most every machine in a shop, yes even pipe benders LOL. I must admit comments are entertaining about marketing etc.,. This Itailian company has "never" at any time tried to pressure me into purchasing their exceptional engineered components. Forums in general contain positive interested enthusiast members, but also many posers and wanna-be's looking to be argumentative. Possibly I should have never shared this info. Image of a total Ipothesys kit bike owned by a lucky rider from Holland who shared info. Beautiful using only the MG GRiSO engine, drive and gauge.

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:31 am

This is a welcome and interesting topic, sometimes timber gets misunderstood on the internets. I'd chalk it up to that...

Interestingly enough, the Ipothesys guy actually joined the forum a couple few days ago, maybe he'll jump into this discussion with some design thoughts and insight.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:53 am

Let me backtrack then and offer apologies to anyone I offended. Let me also state that I do not represent Ipothesys, nor do I own or use any of their products. I'm just a GRiSO owner and fellow ghetto dweller, and I thought I detected... well, never mind what I thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:10 pm

Alessandro is more than simply a guy!  The bike he created started as a dream 2011.  He is a very gifted individual and if he chooses to participate in this site all GRiSO enthusiast should be honored to put it mildly.  Yes I have this level of respect.  On another note I have page on FaceBook for anyone interested titled - Moto-Guzzi GRiSO 1100 4V & 1200 8V PERFORMANCE  

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:04 pm

What's facebook?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:12 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Always glad to have other people contribute but at the same time I get terribly bored with astonishing performance claims, especially for simple modifications. There are simple, physical, limitations to what can be achieved with a stock motor. Pipes and filters will not miraculously release enormous amounts more of either power or torque and what can be achieved is invariably going to be an excercise in robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:02 pm

GRiSO HEAD wrote:
. .  Beautiful using only the MG GRiSO engine, drive and gauge.

I assume the video is yours, can you do another one where we can hear the engine go through the rev range at wot, the short shifting and small throttle openings was not very inspiring. Yes it sounds good coming off idle but that's about it from the clip.

I'm looking for good info, if you use a chart to illiterate a point please write about the values shown. Have you got a copy of the RPM v power graph? very interested in the Ipothesys half system , but its a lot of money and not sure its a whole lot nicer looking than the zards, arrow or termi.

Agreed with the fact its a beautiful looking bike (almost as nice as a GRiSO)..

cya
Scot.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:13 pm

What the hell is going on here? Let me state this quite plainly, I actually like this exhaust design. Yes I know I may have said I prefer the asymetrical GRiSO, but I'm allowed to change my mind.  Cool 

I have absolutely nothing against the OP and I wish him all the best and I'm pleased he's well chuffed with his mods. However, I will absolutley not apologise for questioning the validity of this astounding increase in torque by simply bolting on an new pipe. You canna change the laws of physics and in my not so humble opinion, the stock fueling could not compensate enough for the new pipe to increase torque that much. If I am shown actual real third party dyno tests of this kit on an otherwise stock bike which prove these claims, I will gladly and wholeheartedly eat my words and risk sanction by the Minister for War & Finance and lay down my hard earned shekels.

Anyone who knows me will tell I'm not the big note myself type. As a red blooded nerd, I do require data if someone tells me something that challenges my understanding. I don't drink the Kool Aid anymore. Once bitten, you know. You cannot show tone or emotion on the bloody interwebs. Smileys help, but people need to be aware that it sometimes it isn't an attack, just keen and interested minds wanting to know.

And what's the 'Guest' business? Has GRiSO Head left us? Steak, get him back.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:30 pm

Huh, I guess so.

Not sure why, but if I can somehow find his contact info, I'll encourage him to come back. He self deleted for whatever reason, which is too bad.

Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:40 pm

The exhaust system is well made, I 've seen the whole bike at TLM. Over the years a lot of systems have been made for tuned Guzzi engines. Experience is that a system where pipes from the heads until after first bend are thin and then gradually expanding in size work best. The stock GRiSO system does not have such big diameter pipes, its for show that they have a double pipe sleeve.  
The used silencer looks a bit like the MIVV double gun.

I remember seeing a test of the ippothesis bike that had less power then the stock GRiSO.

I see that full system costs 1490 euro ext tax, not an extreme price for full system. But suppose the arrow system made for the GRiSO was cheaper.

I suppose Guest is:
click here for link:

Last edited by pauldaytona on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:31 pm

If you google Ipothesys images, many of the photos are identical to those previously posted by Rossopuro. Especially those of the bike in its raw state.
I'm not knocking their product but questioned some of their engineering and design philosophy.
Just as, many people will probably question my hub designs etc.

I could have bought their rear hub for Euro700 to mount a BST Ducati wheel, but the slanted spokes would have been leading, not trailing. And their offset looks wrong to me.

Add an exhaust and gain 20ft/lbs torque, me thinks some of the gain will be in the lighter weight rear wheel, but 20lbs? I can only hope ................ will dyno mine and tell.
Back to top Go down
Slo_Mo_Shun
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Slo_Mo_Shun

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:15 am

Hmm, seems like someone has a low sensitivity threshold, oh well. Its a shame as he was obviously enthusiastic about his mod. But as Mark said "people need to be aware that it sometimes it isn't an attack, just keen and interested minds wanting to know." Absolutely agree, its okay making a great performance claim but back it up with meaningful empirical not anecdotal reports so that those who are qualified to do so can judge for themselves.
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:11 am

ghezzi wrote:
If you google Ipothesys images, many of the photos are identical to those previously posted by Rossopuro. Especially those of the bike in its raw state.

The design of the bodywork is from rossopuro/firestartergarage, and since they have made a large number of very nice specials nothing to be ashamed off.

Interview with  Filippo Barbacane of Firestartergarage(google translate):

As a born and developed the project " Ipothesys "that you presented here in Verona?
And 'all started by a boy, who had read on my website the ability to sew a special measure. His idea was to create a sporting Guzzi, as they once did. There siam known, he told me that he liked my work and gave me carte blanche. In August we took a GRiSO V8 and then down, head down, work on the bike! I can not have stakes or limitations, otherwise I can not do anything. With Alessandro Loviselli (the holder of the Ipothesys) there has been a step further: why Ipothesys is not only the name of this new model, but of a larger project. His idea is that you create a new brand in the motorcycle, sports bikes from the style. It has not yet been defined, but in the future there may be a conversion kit, or even a small limited edition series (we'll see) !! With regard to the motion, a part of the frame was cut to make way for the media that reggessero the aluminum frame to the rear. The whole body is in fiber, while the central cover hides the true reservoir. The fork is Marzocchi, have radial-mount calipers. Companies OZ and Bitubo have made ​​circles and the mono specially: you will not find the same attacks on any other bike in the world! Platforms, plates and other aluminum components are hand crafted, hand-made by us. The exhaust is of Sicilian Mass, they were great: I have designed them myself and have faithfully reproduced! Indeed, at first glance may seem like an open drain, but in the middle, under the heads, the diameter is bigger, because we find the silencer .

Last edited by pauldaytona on Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:39 am

Look, I know I'll be shouted down but I'm afraid that I find all of these 'Avant Garde' projects for a Guzzi 'Sportsbike' leave me absolutely cold. They just look like cobbled together, back-yard wannabe disasters. I don't doubt for a minute that, at least for some of them, an awful lot of time, effort and skill coupled in many cases a goodly amount of engineering savvy has gone into them. I have yet to see one that makes me think 'YEAH!'.

The ONLY hi cam 'Special' I've ever really liked is Paul's six speed Daytona which to this day strikes me as one of the most beautiful examples of turning a motorbike into sex I've ever seen. Why so? Because it is the blend of engineering, functionality and appearance that combine to make an almost immaculate whole.

I'd love to see the current hi-cam in something similar. Sadly, from my perspective, this has never been achieved and I don't know if it can be achieved because although functional and robust the single sided swingarm and CARC bevelbox will always look heavy and inelegant.

This is one of the reasons that the GRiSO, IMHO, looks so good. It is stocky and to a degree brutal. Its engineering suits its styling. A true 'Sports' bike doesn't only have to be light it has to look light and that is where all of these GRiSO *Adaptations* fall down.

My 2c worth and its worth exactly what you are asked to pay for it which is 2c less! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Slo_Mo_Shun
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Slo_Mo_Shun

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:19 am

Bloody hell, the good Mr Roper inviting a lambasting and I cant think of a smart arsed comment  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:34 pm

FFS! Get rid of that saggy arse!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Sorry guys, I like the asymmetrical look of the GRiSO too much and... I do not like the double pipe muffler style on this bike so that's that.
Further more, if I'm gonna spend in the neighborhood of $2000US in an exhaust system on the mighty GRiSO, I'll go with the BOS system and I don't give a fuck what the claim horse/torque gain is on that.
To date, there isn't a sexier exhaust available for this bike period!
Of course, this is all subjective but isn't the GRiSO about that anyway?
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:26 pm

thats kinds what I want to do as a custom but keep it 2 pipes all the way through with maybe a crossover(hidden) with less chunky cans, staintune do a nice twin set for the suzuki B-king i could use..

cya
Scot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound    IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

IPOTHESYS Exhaust Sound
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2