GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Oh look What I just found

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Oh look What I just found Empty
PostSubject: Oh look What I just found   Oh look What I just found Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:35 am

Whilst removing the Headlight/Dash Nacelle to access the indicator connectors which are connected and contained inside the Dash Nacelle-
I spotted nestled very securely on the lower yoke this black blob.
It's a top hat washer with a top hat rubber.
I expect it's original location is under that black triangle of plastic sits around the ignition unit?
I remember Pete Roper explaining the order of assembly for the front fuel tank mounts.
When I took those front mounts off all the upper parts were correct but the left lower parts only consisted of the metal top hat spacer,
1 off on the left mount the right side had nothing.
So now I have one at least complete lower top hat mount and am missing the top hat rubber off the other.
Had I displaced this rubber it would have surfaced on the carpeted garage floor, but strange for me to knock the top hat rubber from its top hat spacer and leave the spacer in place.
Am not the first to go under the fuel tank thats for certain hence the spigot tube and large allen bolt on a previous thread.

Am wondering with these parts missing from under the front mounts my fuel tank is sitting plastic against plastic and causing my very annoying squeaking at the front of the bike?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The other top hat metal washer looks almost rusty brown like its lived in that position alone for some time.

Ordered a full set from Guzzibits X4 top hat rubbers as the others were looking somewhat distressed due to not having lower support.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Oh look What I just found   Oh look What I just found Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:21 am

Could be either number 11 in first or number 3 in second (or both) of these below:

If you take side wings off the rubber bits often fall out inside....
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Oh look What I just found   Oh look What I just found Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:28 am

But most likely 8 & 6 from dashboard mounts here
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Oh look What I just found   Oh look What I just found Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:25 am

I reckon its number 11 in pic One as if you look at quantity it says 4. I previously had only 2 and now with this found one have 3.

Number 3 in pic 2 is a "Well Nut" used to secure front of side panel. Though that said maybe its not Laughing
Shit products in this instance as they are prone to spinning until the nut squishes sufficient rubber to allow the process to tighten up.
Eventually the nuts can tear free from over zealous tightening.

The Dash Mount rubbers are still in there on the mount, only parts to come from those are the left side top hat washer, I have that seperate.

Last edited by Buellbloke on Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Oh look What I just found   Oh look What I just found Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:01 am

I can't work out difference between 11 and 4 in first two pics....and if its the 'grommet' that the side wings fit then they are big round bstrds (not like your pictures)....from your pics they look like 6&8...hopefully somebody here will know better Wink
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Oh look What I just found   Oh look What I just found Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:23 am

paulbrice wrote:
I can't work out difference between 11 and 4 in first two pics....and if its the 'grommet' that the side wings fit then they are big round bstrds (not like your pictures)....from your pics they look like 6&8...hopefully somebody here will know better Wink

Number 4 pic 2 are big oval shaped frame plugs 4off 2 each side, they are where your side panel lugs push in.

In my picture the top hat washer left fits inside the top hat rubber right. There are lots of these on the GRiSO, basically anti vibration bushes.
There are 4 at the front of the fuel tank two above and two below, the lower set sit under that black ignition trim pass thru and enter the upper set maybe Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Oh look What I just found   Oh look What I just found Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:33 pm

paulbrice wrote:

I tried to fit the complete set to the right side of the bike and it was having non of it, this rubbber doobry dont fit under the black ignition trim nor does it sit on top of it.
Not a clue where it came from.
These are number 8 from picture 1

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Oh look What I just found   Oh look What I just found Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:13 pm

GRiSO and carpeted garage...bold move, indeed!
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Oh look What I just found   Oh look What I just found Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:52 pm

SMTCapeCod wrote:
GRiSO and carpeted garage...bold move, indeed!

Laughing Its only to save me knees, am not bothered about the condition it gets in as its a garage, its just an off cut.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh look What I just found   Oh look What I just found Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Oh look What I just found
Page 1 of 1