GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

score!!! found some Jota bars

Go down 
+2
beetle
Lazlokovacs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

score!!! found some Jota bars Empty
PostSubject: score!!! found some Jota bars   score!!! found some Jota bars Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:04 pm

I've never been fully happy with the position of either the stock or rizoma bars on the GRiSO...

Today, rummaging in my mates old bucket of odd clips-ons and handlebars, I came upon a perfectly serviceable set of Jota adjustable handlebars. good heavy unit, nicely made, so I'm guessing they have provenance.

20 quid (and a thank you very much) later they are on my bike.

-The position is absolutely perfect!!!

-unfortunately, the big plastic brembo reservoirs don't fit with the bars unless I flip the bars around.

I'm weighing up the cost of following Beetles path and fitting radials with remote reservoirs... but the $$$ is weighing rather heavy in that equation...

so, any cheaper options out there that anyone's tried? I'm quite happy with my front brake feel and clutch pull so don't feel the need to upgrade... Just need something that fits

thanks

beetle likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: score!!! found some Jota bars   score!!! found some Jota bars Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:35 pm

Pics!

Mine:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: score!!! found some Jota bars   score!!! found some Jota bars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:05 am

I like those- and the black dash bezel.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: score!!! found some Jota bars   score!!! found some Jota bars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:48 am

Hmmm-I've got some ancient 1960s Ace Bars....
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Re: score!!! found some Jota bars   score!!! found some Jota bars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:36 pm

Like the looks and comfort possibilities with adjustments. Nice
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: score!!! found some Jota bars   score!!! found some Jota bars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:28 pm

I have a set of those bars, in chrome. I got them in a box of parts for a CBX. I've never put them on anything.....yet.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: score!!! found some Jota bars   score!!! found some Jota bars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:59 pm

I've tried eleventy different sets of bars. I could never get it quite right. The GPZ900R had the most comfortable bar position I've ever used, so I duplicated it with the Jota style bars. Couldn't be happier.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: score!!! found some Jota bars   score!!! found some Jota bars Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:07 pm

I'm not sure I can justify the splurge for radials when all I'm looking for is more room on the bars...

Can anyone tell me what size/model number the stock brembo units are?
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: score!!! found some Jota bars   score!!! found some Jota bars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:54 pm

will try and take some pics tomorrow,

but happy to report that the jota bars are absolutely amazing. Different bike. So much pleasure to be had from that beautiful torquey mill and the maxton suspension, epsecially now that I'm in the right riding position, ie. natural wrist angle, body just forward and sporty enough.

In other news, obviously I caved and the radial MCs are on their way in the post as we speak!

forza guzzi!!

Steak, Oz1200Guzzi, paulbrice and RedMogAndy like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: score!!! found some Jota bars   score!!! found some Jota bars Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

score!!! found some Jota bars
Page 1 of 1