GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....

Go down 
+5
Pete Roper
Steak
Canyon Carver
Slo_Mo_Shun
beetle
9 posters
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Empty
PostSubject: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:56 pm

It's funny, you know, I've been so caught up in developing and testing maps lately that I haven't thought to actually ride just for grins.

Today started out as another test of the Mistral map. It's supposed to rain this afternoon, so I was expecting a short 50km run around the local backroads before heading home for a cuppa and a session in the front of the stereo before SWMBO got home from work.

But a funny thing happened. I was out on the backroads, and I was testing the map, when suddenly the map test seemed irrelevant. The growl of the exhaust and the smell of [insert song lyric] 'hot metal and oil, the scented country air, sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware'...

..and I was off in GRiSO-land going stupid fast and I didn't care! So I kept going. And going. Then I was in the hills. Whether the map was ready to be released or not, it didn't matter. The big G was going better than ever. The engine was singing and I was in the groove. You know what I mean? Sometimes everything just clicks and you're king of the road.

So what was supposed to be a 1/2 hour zip turned into a 3 and a half hour romp in the hills.

Tops!

Fuck I love my GRiSO.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Slo_Mo_Shun
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Slo_Mo_Shun

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:43 pm

Why we ride! cheers 
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Red Barchetta dammit...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:02 pm

Steak wrote:
Red Barchetta dammit...

Thumbs Up cheers 

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:55 pm

I rarely get the chance to go for that length a flog but I entirely understand. As with any activity that turns something pleasurable into *Work* it is far! far too easy to turn life into a situation where the trees obscure the wood!

I suggest less map work and more riding.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:05 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

I suggest less map work and more riding

Too right!

The best bit was the totally unplanned part. Usually when I'm up in the hills I would ride down to Tumut and fill up and plod home. This time I went back up into the hills after filling up at Tumut!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:11 pm

Its supposed to be fun my friend, time to back off methinks. You give away an enormous amount for little or no reward. If it stops being fun *We* all loose. Take a break, do other stuff for a bit. Its worth it.

Pete
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:19 am

Back to the basics an livi'n it! The rest is fish'n'chip paper!
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:12 am

Well done mate. I'm overdue for one of those rides myself. cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:54 am

Beetle, try studying ROAD maps, not fuel maps for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:09 pm

No riding for me this weekend. Its pissing down rain and colder than a moneylenders heart. Perhaps I should go to the workshop and see if I can fit the fuggly rack? Nah, can't be arsed.

Pete
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:26 am

Hey you guys!
If Mark wants to work on fuel maps, especially Zard fuel maps we should let him! He loves that stuff more than life itself!
signed,
Selfish Bastid.

(srsly - I fall into the same trap and last weekend's 700 miler reminded me to get out there)
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:58 pm

tocino, you guys are doing all the work! I just sit in front of the PC in my jammies with a beverage and go click click click!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:14 pm

Well its better than playing 'World of Warcraft' in the nude and eating twisties, wondering why yer knob's gone yellow!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:37 pm

Does yours, Pete?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:59 pm

Nah, mine's iridescent green but I need a mirror to see it these days....Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:20 am

Understand the mirror, but irridescent green? Been eating soylent green?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....   Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home.... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Got lost in the moment and found myself far from home....
Page 1 of 1