GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New screen.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New screen. Empty
PostSubject: New screen.   New screen. Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:06 am

For the Shitter that is being turned into a tourer.

I have a National Cycle 'Street Shield' EX which I've lost the mounts for. I'll be ordering a set of those too for comparison purposes to this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A VAST Parabellum with even greater coverage than the 'Street Shield'. This is all part of my plan for my lap of Oz in the next couple of years.

I've got my Mana bars on the way back from Townsville so they'll take care of the stupidly wide bar problem and the back end is going to be suspended by a fully adjustable Hyperpro which I'm hoping to get built for maximum comfort rather than precision of control, the Matris on the Horror fulfills that role now. At the moment the supplier is sending me the body with reservoir to ensure it will mount without fouling the airbox.

I reckon it'll be fine but I'll dummy it up for him just to make sure.

Then it's on to the forks. I wrote to Andreiani about their cartridges but they haven't replied so fuck 'em. The Showas are a superb fork in their own right. I'll get Mr. Smith to re-spring and re-Valve them for me and they'll likely be just as good and cheaper. Once again, comfort for distance is my primary aim.

2 inch dropped pegs are on their way. I have some lowering toe pegs fro KoF that will help too. Then it's off to Queensland for rego. Once it's roadworthied I'll see how the seat feels. If it's a problem I'll get the 'Baboon's Arse' seat modified by MJM in Goulburn.

It's looking and feeling good.......

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New screen. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New screen.   New screen. Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:19 am

2 inch drop pegs scrape in town. At pootle speed. Just sayin'.

Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New screen. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New screen.   New screen. Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:27 am

Probably, but this is going to be a transcontinental barge! Not too many bends out in the Pilbara or crossing the Nullarbor. I just want it to be able to plod along comfortably between 125-130kph with my fat arse, simple camping kit, (You know I hate camping but desert skies are just fantastic. I'll even put up with a tent for that!). It doesn't need to lean any further than a Burger King or whatever those Fat Arse touring Harleys are called.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

New screen. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New screen.   New screen. Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:29 am

WTF is that, rare as hens teeth on an early model GRiSO 1200, why do people remove them?

Back to top Go down
humboldtguzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
humboldtguzzi

New screen. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New screen.   New screen. Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:35 am

What is the little white arrow pointing at?
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

New screen. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New screen.   New screen. Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:57 am

humboldtguzzi wrote:
What is the little white arrow pointing at?
that'll be the charcoal cannister - seems to cause miscellaneous vapor/fuel tank venting issues for many of us.
when issues with this arise, usual fix is removal or "cannisterectomy"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New screen. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New screen.   New screen. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New screen.
Page 1 of 1