GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Home of the Vidalia Onion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Home of the Vidalia Onion Empty
PostSubject: Home of the Vidalia Onion   Home of the Vidalia Onion Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:09 am

Rode from Savannah, GA to Vidalia to a "Phillie" cheesesteak place with my triumph buddies -Speed Twin & Triple.
One of the guys swears by these sandwiches. I went with the "Italian" (of course). Really great. Small joint. Hard to see -a couple of doors down in the picture. Beautiful weather in GA. Finally starting to cool down.  
Things were getting quiet in the Ghetto. Thought I should post something...........
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oz1200Guzzi, garyclem, Bill Hagan, freewaystreak and drburt like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Home of the Vidalia Onion   Home of the Vidalia Onion Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:38 am

I (sometimes) miss living in the "Coastal Empire."

Hard to complain about being able to ride almost year 'round.

I also remember seeing fields of onions sitting atop the ground awaiting boxes.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Home of the Vidalia Onion   Home of the Vidalia Onion Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:33 pm

Mmmmm, I love a sweet onion and have enjoyed the Vidalias. We have a similar, regional, onion up this way called a Walla Walla sweet onion. Yummy.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Home of the Vidalia Onion   Home of the Vidalia Onion Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:21 pm

Find a baking dish with a decent lid. Determine how many sweet onions fit in one layer. Peel onions and make a little hollow in the top of each, big enough for 1 tsp. butter. Use good butter. Arrange onions in said dish, place blob of butter in little crater, sprinkle with a little paprika. Cover and bake for 30 minutes ate 350*f (176c). Nestle that blob of goodness up to a nice hunk of medium rare beef, and a nice red wine. Nirvana has been achieved

Steak, Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan, paulbrice and Spruce Goose like this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Home of the Vidalia Onion   Home of the Vidalia Onion Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:09 am

Bill,
Definitely enjoy riding year round here. In the dead of summer we only do early morning weekend breakfast rides. We have a yearly New Year’s Day ride and some of us weenies have to plug in to our heated gear.
Thanks for the recipe Rick....

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Home of the Vidalia Onion   Home of the Vidalia Onion Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:04 am

rick pope wrote:
Find a baking dish with a decent lid.  Determine how many sweet onions fit in one layer.  Peel onions and make a little hollow in the top of each, big enough for 1 tsp. butter.  Use good butter.  Arrange onions in said dish, place blob of butter in little crater, sprinkle with a little paprika.  Cover and bake for 30 minutes ate 350*f (176c).  Nestle that blob of goodness up to a nice hunk of medium rare beef, and a nice red wine.  Nirvana has been achieved

Rick, are you talking a full bulb or halved?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Home of the Vidalia Onion   Home of the Vidalia Onion Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:08 pm

Full bulb. Trim just enough off the root end so it will sit upright, hollow out a bit from the stem end. If you want to be decadent, dig a bit further and use a bigger blob of butter. I tried also adding a bit of beef bouillon, but liked it better with just butter and paprika. Smoked Spanish, of course.

Simple is good......

Steak likes this post

Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

PostSubject: Re: Home of the Vidalia Onion   Home of the Vidalia Onion Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:10 pm

😁 With a little detective work and some help from Google Maps I found your philly joint.

I'm always ready for a good road trop AND a good philly.
Not much longer than a trip I took with some friends for BBQ.

Gonna have to roll that way some day soon.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Home of the Vidalia Onion   Home of the Vidalia Onion Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:19 am

Kubbie,
Not sure it’s worth the ride from your location. Good but not that good……it’s only about 100 miles for my gang if we go the long way.

kubbie likes this post

Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

PostSubject: Re: Home of the Vidalia Onion   Home of the Vidalia Onion Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:16 pm

JohnA wrote:
Kubbie,
Not sure it’s worth the ride from your location. Good but not that good……it’s only about 100 miles for my gang if we go the long way.

😁 Thanks for the heads up... "might" try to hit that place if I ever go visit daughter and her "fucktard" boyfriend in Columbus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home of the Vidalia Onion   Home of the Vidalia Onion Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Home of the Vidalia Onion
Page 1 of 1