GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6

Go down 
+2
RedMogAndy
Buellbloke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6 Empty
PostSubject: Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6   Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:22 pm

Seen this video on youtube from Janguzzi, I like his GRiSO  Cool  man after my own heart keeps his bike spankers Smile
Basically he's servicing the shifter arm ball joints and fitting small silicon boots that keep the grease in and the slop at bay.

For some reason don't seem to be able to locate these items in the UK. £10.73 for a couple inc postage/shipping.
Your search if your interested is the title or here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I fitted mine off the bike unlike Janguzzi, imagine those clips to be a nightmare removing and replacing in situ.
Are two more clips internal that hold the ball in place, dont remove those that's even if you can ~ping where'd that go Shocked

Here's mine Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6   Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:49 pm

I saw that & thought it was completely unnecessary, but never one to let that put me off ended up sourcing sealed replacement ball joints - I think it was cheaper than buying just the seals at the time!

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6   Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:56 pm

Yep, little rubber boots to keep the bad crap out and the good crap in.

I found some a couple years ago and installed them with with a dab of grease in the socket. I did loose, ping ding gone, one of the retainer clips but used some 0.032 safety wire to keep it all together. I forget how many the minimum order was but I had some spares so I passed them on to some GRiSO friends at the Ohio Guzzi Rally a few years ago. At the time I think the cost was less than ten bucks.

So far no issues.

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6   Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:48 am

Ball joints like these are commonly found on farm machinery. Try a case/New Holland dealer, as they're likely to have individual pieces, where as John Deere will only sell complete assemblies.

Of course, you need to deal with a real parts guy, not some snot nosed kid who can only find parts by model/serial numbers.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6   Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:32 am

You can get the ball joints with seals at around £5.15 including postage in UK Ebay linky ball joint

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6   Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:18 am

lcjohnny wrote:
You can get the ball joints with seals at around £5.15 including postage in UK Ebay linky ball joint

Typical could have done with this info ages ago, moreso as noticed Jans ball joints have spanner slots and mine have nothing, not that I needed them:roll:
Never even considered purchasing them ready fitted, available in the Uk and for a lot less bom
Oh well fack it done it now init Smile
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6   Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:56 pm

The studded rod ends used by Guzzi are not the most robust of ball ends. I know mechanics/restorers who replace them as a matter of course. Sometimes with Rose joints or with a studded rod end with a rubber boot (different from the linky above. I've successfully used rose joints (stainless ones preferred, but expensive & not common). Guzzi's studded rod ends I irregularly dismantle, clean, dry & lube with white lithium grease. Once they wear too much (still not a smooth rotating action), I replace them - I keep the old ones, with descriptive labels - those retaining wires shouldn't be tossed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6   Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Neoprene Seal Caps for Din 71802 Ball Joints M6
Page 1 of 1