GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+81
Willski
Speedfrog
Moto Guzzi virgin
850-Nero
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
85 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37
AuthorMessage
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2024 10:47 pm

I’ve never seen any kind of bike towed like that - but if it works for you… Everyone knows red is the best color but damn, your white one looks awesome!

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2024 2:30 am

BetaSteve wrote:
I’ve never seen any kind of bike towed like that - but if it works for you… Everyone knows red is the best color but damn, your white one looks awesome!

Thanks! May fight you on that 'redder is better' later....

That MoToW hitch works great. No strain. No wear. No trailer to mess with. Not for every bike. But has worked well for the GRiSO

This short video (no sales pitch included) shows how it works. The hitch has a hinge built in. Bike rides as a solid upright panel.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by kidsmoke on Fri May 24, 2024 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2024 5:18 am

I remember something like that back in the 80s
Back to top Go down
Jankes
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Jankes

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2024 5:27 am

Interesting solution 🤔

Pawel Spoon likes this post

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2024 5:55 am

Tim Henry wrote:
I remember something like that back in the 80s

The one wheel solution has been around for quite a while, but always used the front wheel in a rigid frame, utilitzing the head tube/steering of the bike to track well. This puts a lot of strain on the bearings etc. of the bike. Bad.

This rear wheel idea was conieved by an MIT grad student who had no space for a trailer in his urban environment, yet wanted to ride his dirt bike often. This has very little strain on the (smaller) tow vehicle and on the bike.

I can tell you I've personally got hundreds of highway speed miles, I know a Guzzisti who did a 3500 (miles of towing) trip with an 850T. Allowed him a couple indulgent bike days on a family vacation, and throw the hitch in the trunk, and have no trailer to contend with.

It has it's place. No doubt a proper trailer is better overall solution. But this opens up other possibilities.

80CX100 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2024 5:59 am

I may build one for the wife's Jeep wrangler as we don't have room for a trailer at our Condo
Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2024 6:31 am

Tim Henry wrote:
I may build one for the wife's Jeep wrangler as we don't have room for a trailer at our Condo

precisely!

Let me know if you need photos or anything.

Tim Henry likes this post

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2024 7:27 am

see if this works. Time lapse of removal.

Florida lime likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2024 2:21 pm

Just a word of warning for people who might be considering towing with the rear wheel on the ground. This is less of an issue with Guzzis but is important with some V7's.

A lot of machines that have shared lubricant for engine and gearbox also use pressure fed bushings under the gears on the shafts of the box. If you tow such a bike with its rear wheel on the ground it is imperative you remove the chain or the gearbox will seize.

The reason I mention V7's is some of the six speed Smallblocks have a pressure fed gearbox with the box having an independent oil pump driven off the input shaft. For this reason it would be very unwise to tow one with the rear wheel down and it would also be unwise to 'Coast' for any distance with a dead engine. If you do feel the desire to behave in such a way at least let the engine idle!

kindoy2, 80CX100 and Jankes like this post

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Mon May 27, 2024 3:15 am

Changed the break pads, cleaned the calipers, put on fresh diablo rosso III

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
kindoy2
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kindoy2

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:32 pm

I sold my 2012 SE a couple months ago and missed it so I bought a nice 2017 SE with 10k on it in Idaho about 2 weeks ago and flew out and rode it back home to San Francisco area. Original owner and runs like a Top.
 So I figured their's no time like the present and pulled the swingarm and  shock and checked and cleaned all the bearings and bushings...they looked good, so I slathered everything in Marine Grease and put it all back together ..and I'll finish a few last things on in the morning..It's called PEACE of MIND!!!   :-)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by kindoy2 on Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total

beetle, GhostBullet, kidsmoke, Richard, Pawel Spoon, Svartipants and 80CX100 like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:19 pm

The winter is here, and I should have been out camping this weekend. But some seasonal ills struck me down. Now a little better and thought best do something.
Changed it the brake and clutch fluids.
A video on my youtube channel.
How yuk does your clutch fluid get?

kindoy2 and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:52 pm

Rode GRiSO to our monthly breakfast this morning. Jin (Fresh Egg here) was there with his beautiful white steed and I with my red-accented Diavolo Nero. Been a long time since we had two GRiSOs there together.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

beetle, GhostBullet, kindoy2, Svartipants and 80CX100 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:43 am

Well I decided today to put Red Bike up for sale. Why? Well the answer is pretty simple. Two Grisos is really a luxury. I built Red Bike to be my ‘Touring Bike’ but the simple fact is my recently acquired Mana GT is a far more sensible choice for that task.

I’ll be keeping Yellow Bike. It was only the second ‘New’ motorbike of any quality I’ve ever bought, (The other one was my 2006 GRiSO 1100! Rolling Eyes ) and it will be up to Jude and the kids to dispose of after I’ve curled up my toes!

Anyway, I’ll post something up in the Grisos for sale section of the board in a bit. It won’t come with the pannier frames but the rear rack will remain with it. I’ll be keeping them for rare nights away on Yellow bike.

Other than that? Well it’s had ‘The Treatment’ obviously and has the rare Givi fairing and a lovely paint job in the spiffy Mazda red.

beetle, GhostBullet, kidsmoke, kindoy2, 80CX100 and Jankes like this post

Back to top Go down
kindoy2
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kindoy2

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:39 am

Nice looking bike!
Back to top Go down
JonB85
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JonB85

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:44 am

Street wrote:
Rode GRiSO to our monthly breakfast this morning. Jin (Fresh Egg here) was there with his beautiful white steed and I with my red-accented Diavolo Nero. Been a long time since we had two GRiSOs there together.

Got a better pic of your bike with that fairing?

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:33 pm

It's a Yamaha Stryker Bullet Cowl. I seriously doubt one can be found today. I believe it was discontinued in 2017.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

kidsmoke and JC_Guz89 like this post

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:59 pm

Street wrote:
It's a Yamaha Stryker Bullet Cowl. I seriously doubt one can be found today. I believe it was discontinued in 2017.

WOW that fits well!

Just got home from a Work trip that I allowed myself the indulgence of riding for. 1000 miles all in. Mother nature made sure I took it on the chin for my choice. I've never been so wet. The bike however, and the Michelin Road 5's, performed absolutely flawlessly. So, my first foray into GRiSO touring was a success, despite the weather. I've seen a Ventura rack for sale on here recently. Would recommend. This was my second go round with mine, and I'm a huge fan.

GhostBullet, kindoy2, Svartipants and 80CX100 like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:57 pm

kidsmoke wrote:

WOW that fits well!

Thanks, but not without some modifications. I made custom struts and notched around the turn signals. Glad you like it.

Pete (Street)

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
motografando
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
motografando

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:19 am

From the past saturday....hot days to ride...but luckily in the sea or on the top of the mountains, it feels a bit more good [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also tested new tyres (dunlop qualifier core...nothing special but honest price) and did some good turns to get more in confidence with the bike

very lucky cause i can do both things in the same ride [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GhostBullet and Pawel Spoon like this post

Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
motografando
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
motografando

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:48 pm

Photoes are nothing special i know, but done with cellphone in a very HOT weather [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My GRiSO on the tirrenian sea (Sapri), about 530 kilometers in a day just to do a simple swimming in the sea [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Btw the "SS18 Tirrena Inferiore" is still one of my favourite roads, a lot of twists and an uncomparable landscape over the sea

paulbrice, Clancy, kidsmoke, Florida lime, Richard, kindoy2 and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 05, 2024 4:51 pm

motografando wrote:

My GRiSO on the tirrenian sea (Sapri)....SS18 Tirrena Inferiore

That's going down on my "to do" list! Thumbs Up

motografando likes this post

Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:38 am

First post in ages

Short ride to the Whakatane Heads while the weather is good

GhostBullet, Florida lime, BowraBoy, Svartipants and PDandy like this post

Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:47 pm

3 weeks off the bike, and I couldn’t be sure if I even knew how to ride. Should not have worried -  GRiSO has a soul - happy just like a Labrador to see me, and just as happy being a Rottweiler in turns. Feeling homesick and needed to clear my head, so headed up over the hill through redwoods to Pescadero, then down the coast just to feel the Pacific - stand at the edge of a continent and see only water between me and NZ.  That’ll do GRiSO, that’ll do. I love you

GhostBullet, tazio, kidsmoke, Florida lime, Richard, BowraBoy, Jankes and PDandy like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 37 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 37 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37