GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Dash with TARDIS syndrome

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
charliebigonions
Carlotto
Carlotto
charliebigonions

Dash with TARDIS syndrome Empty
PostSubject: Dash with TARDIS syndrome   Dash with TARDIS syndrome Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:41 pm

G'day all. Wondering if any of you have had the time display stop showing Earth time on the dash. It has reset to 0:00 and won't tick over. Flicking through the menu to TIME SETTING has had no effect so far. The rest of the dash is still keeping tabs and showing info as it should: speed, temp, ODO, Trip and cycles through trip info. I'm not sure if this was the result of disconnecting/reconnecting the battery during maintenance in our local Covid era. Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Dash with TARDIS syndrome   Dash with TARDIS syndrome Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:16 pm

Try swapping from 12 to 24 hour clock which I think is in the diagnostics menu and seeing if that shocks some sense into it!
Back to top Go down
charliebigonions
Carlotto
Carlotto
charliebigonions

PostSubject: Re: Dash with TARDIS syndrome   Dash with TARDIS syndrome Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:32 pm

Thanks Pete. I may have tried that already but I'll give it another go as I honestly can't remember doing it if I did.
Back to top Go down
charliebigonions
Carlotto
Carlotto
charliebigonions

PostSubject: Re: Dash with TARDIS syndrome   Dash with TARDIS syndrome Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:22 pm

Given the daylight savings shift on the weekend I thought I'd better get on to checking out this time issue again. So, it turns out that I had not tried the 12/24hr swap. I had forgotten that the MENU shows blank when I hit the MODE button. So the issues are:
- I have a 0:00 time showing
- blank MENU screen

Any ideas out there?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Dash with TARDIS syndrome   Dash with TARDIS syndrome Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:59 pm

Sadly it sounds like a dying dash issue.
Back to top Go down
charliebigonions
Carlotto
Carlotto
charliebigonions

PostSubject: Re: Dash with TARDIS syndrome   Dash with TARDIS syndrome Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:33 pm

Errgh! Thanks Pete. Well I suppose it has been doing it's thing since the warranty swap in 2007.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Dash with TARDIS syndrome   Dash with TARDIS syndrome Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:41 pm

Yeah, they aren't cheap. Current price is about a grand. I do have one in stock if you need it.
Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

PostSubject: Re: Dash with TARDIS syndrome   Dash with TARDIS syndrome Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:01 am

I had the blank screen after hitting Mode a few years ago. I too thought it was new dash time. But it sorted itself out. It started working after a period of idleness with no battery installed. When I hooked up a new battery, it worked. I am still not clear whether the board had just had a chance to dry out ( I get a lot of condensation in it) or if it was the extended power down .
Back to top Go down
charliebigonions
Carlotto
Carlotto
charliebigonions

PostSubject: Re: Dash with TARDIS syndrome   Dash with TARDIS syndrome Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:00 pm

Back again with an update. I disconnected the battery. Re-connected after about 30 minutes and the dash came back online as it should. It could still be that the dash is starting to show it's age or it could have been some odd glitch. Anyhoo thanks to Pete and Trogladyte for the replies.

Oz1200Guzzi and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dash with TARDIS syndrome   Dash with TARDIS syndrome Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Dash with TARDIS syndrome
Page 1 of 1