GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

custom side panels

Go down 
+5
Pete Roper
beetle
janguzzi
Holger
Pawel Spoon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:43 am

I have an issue with the side panels:
- they make the bike broader then needed and the sitting position cause me pain
- they hide the nice v, cylinders of my breva look more impressive from every angle

I have removed the original side panels 2-3 weeks back.
the sitting position is much better, at least in jeans, we will see how it fits with protectors
the looks from back improved, but all the cables scream for a cover

so i did order two spares from ebay

i was cautious but still did cut off too much, the panel now barely hides the left mounting point

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

here is the first result in silver, vero requested a polished alu finish, but that is of course beyond my capabilities.

think will go for black as version 2
Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:32 am

Hello,

one of the real GRiSO features are the pretty side panels and the macho handlebars.
So I think cutting off these great parts is an outrage to the GRiSO line.

But: everyone as he likes - not me. bounce Basketball

A Breva feels to me like a farm bike, the design is missing...for a Guzzi.
That's why used Breva's are only worth a fraction of what a GRiSO is traded for.

Greetings
Holger

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:37 am

Well said Holger ... the ones from Däs are acceptable
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
but I prefer the original ones.

Holger likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:38 pm

Holger wrote:
Hello,

one of the real GRiSO features are the pretty side panels and the macho handlebars.
So I think cutting off these great parts is an outrage to the GRiSO line.

for me, its the:
- high spine frame in combination with the low tank, i mean the tank and seat almost look like a supermoto Smile
- the whole tail is just great

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:46 pm

i think that from that angle even a breva is beautiful

and she shows the V

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:05 pm

scratch

I don't get it. I mean, I don't understand the problem?

Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Holger likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:59 pm

beetle wrote:

scratch

I don't get it. I mean, I don't understand the problem?

maybe my arms are too short and i have to sit too far in front but i feel like a frog due to the side panels
when i remove them or cut the last part my sitting position is much more relaxed

and yes after two full days on bike it hurts. in two weeks i go for a 4 day trip, so ..
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:58 pm

Fair enough!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:52 am

All good but have you tried changing bars or bar risers and/or footpeg positions? I am a freak. Tiny little short legs, feeble arms, big gut, huge arse! I'm very close to spherical truth be told but I've managed to get GRiSO comfortable without chopping the bodywork.

As for Big Breva when they were first launched I hated them. They've grown on me but I still feel the best thing you can do to them is stick GRiSO/Sport rocker covers on them and dump the bar risers and go to low bars like the Sport. Needless to say that is 'Looks' wise. The Breva is very, very comfortable. If I ever get back to the US for a tour again a Breva would be high on the list. A low mileage Breva 11 can be had for stupid money in the US right now. One turned up on WG for $3,500 for fucks sakes! Even if you need to throw swingarm bearings and a shock linkage at it it's sill the bargain of the century.
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:46 am

didn't find nice risers yet, i am looking for a higher bar, some 1-2 cm more.
i did not chop the original ones of course Smile
spend only 90 bucks on the used ones .. and chopping and painting was fun.

i still have the original shock, if i raise the rear using a different shock (somebody here tried a stelvio shock) i might move the feet rests down

Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:32 pm

Has anyone ever designed or considered designing reserve fuel tanks up underneath the side panels or better yet making a formed/molded panel for as a reserve tank. Surely with all the space underneath, and seemingly available space, a gallon to 1.50 Gallons utilizing both sides could be achieved by a skilled craftsman perhaps....

mickfinn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:44 pm

Pawel, great minds think alike, Smile

I did the exact same thing to the side panels and posted some pics of my bike a while back...

just means you can tuck your legs in under the frame tube, which is a much better riding position in my opinion... and I showed it to my osteopath friend who said having your legs splayed out as in the stock position is asking for back trouble...

My 2c

Pawel Spoon likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:11 pm

I reckon you would get another gallon fuel capacity by having a custom made aluminium tank with thinner walls, the top about 20mm higher and the filler well shallower.
Would need insulation pads on the bottom and sides to give the fuel a chance of staying liquid

Gootzibird13 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:42 am

Gootzibird13 wrote:
Has anyone ever designed or considered designing reserve fuel tanks up underneath the side panels or better yet making a formed/molded panel for as a reserve tank. Surely with all the space underneath, and seemingly available space, a gallon to 1.50 Gallons utilizing both sides could be achieved by a skilled craftsman perhaps....

i have several gasoline cookers like this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
the gas / petrol does actually boil in the reservoir

so if, i would place it into the from part, but then you would need to move the horns too Smile
i would buy two bottles like that:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and mount them somewhere ...

i was bored over the weekend so i made also a paper-prototype for a metal side cover, it is ugly but you could put a bottle in it Smile

Back to top Go down
Holger
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Holger

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:44 am

Hello,

I don't understand some of these discussions at all.... Shocked

with my driving style...i.e. already sporty...also not always driven in the limit range...I always get around 200 km.
Are there no petrol stations where you live??? affraid

Also with some comments here...about seat positions....
it literally screams for breaks...
why not do gymnastics at a petrol station??? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I love the GRiSO as it is...and that's why I bought it.

For touring you can buy a stelvio or bmw gs adventurer...there you can fill up for hours and try to catch up with me again [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Greetings
Holger

Translated with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (free version)

beetle and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:53 am

I strongly recommend hip flexor stretching exercises. You can look them up on line. Most of us have rusty joints and I have found this to be a huge help to me. Will only help with your lower half and what feels like lower back pain.
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:00 am

JohnA wrote:
I strongly recommend hip flexor stretching exercises. You can look them up on line. Most of us have rusty joints and I have found this to be a huge help to me. Will only help with your lower half and what feels like lower back pain.

started with stretching 2-3 weeks ago ..
hope nobody starts a thread here on that topic Very Happy

Steak likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

custom side panels Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom side panels   custom side panels Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

custom side panels
Page 1 of 1